UK Bronies 707 members · 1,721 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Everybrony knows Prance is Horse France. I was popping through Belgium a week ago. Yesterday I thought if there are good-quality chocolates imported in to Equestria, and they are not made in Prance, where then are they made? The hypothetical Horse Belgium was thrown away when I remembered the modern-day states of France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and the western half of Germany were covered by the polity of Francia from 496 to 843. Thus, I give you Prance as a subkingdom of Prancia! You may know Francia was divided in to three by the Carolingians after a civil war started by the death of Louis the Pious. Thus, the other sub-kingdoms of Prancia are known as Central Prancia, and East Prancia.
Central Prancia is a sub kingdom in a wide flood-plain with fertile soil. East Prancia is a sub-kingdom known as Hoffineigh. Hoffineigh boasts huge ancient thick forests, small villages, and a stone tower or castle seems to lower from every mountain ridge.
Let me know what you think of this new head-canon. Let me know if somebrony else already thought of this.

Interesting headcanon idea, particularly pony Gaul. On the subject of Prance though, here's a little bit you might like to add. If you remember way back in Season 2, there was a Griffon chef Gustave le Grand if I remember rightly; a Prench sounding griffon. That got me to thinking, what if there was a pony version of Alsace-Lorraine that changed hooves between Equestria and the Griffons?

5911594 Thank you very much. One of the good ideas of the year!
What a bright idea for Horse Alsace-Lorraine! The historical reason Alsace-Lorraine was fought over between France and Germany was because, well, I only remember one of the kings of one of the Francias was called Lothringer. Which was bastardised to Lorraine.
If I took your contribution further, this bit of Prancia could have been ceded as a goodwill gesture, or as bit of a treaty.
Bronies, do contribute more!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3