Day of the Dead Anthology 2024 28 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Wanderer D
Group Admin

Hello everyone, thanks for joining!

As more people join, I'm sure questions will arise which we'll do our best to answer. This is a slow burn project, so thankfully we have time to work on clarifications and even tips. Later on I'll be posting some resources that can help people here get their works as close to print-ready as possible.

For now, the main thing to remember is that your project should not go over a T rating, as it is intended to be published and sold at EFNW when it goes live.

Sometimes the topics we might want to discuss will be intense, and there's nothing wrong with it. Your stories don't need to be rated E; just make sure you take your time to explore your idea properly and don't go overboard if you feel like some of what you want to write needs some 'oomph' to get through.

Also remember that we're working on an anthology, so keep your stories short. We're talking about an ideal 5k to 8k-words story at this time, although the word limit might increase. For now take it as a guideline.

OCs are fine. Crossovers are not.

~WD

Question, Wanderer. What theme/subject matter/topic should the stories have?

Wanderer D
Group Admin

7900056 Hi! Thanks for your question.

The first thing I'd suggest you do is look a bit into the holiday itself, since that will give you a general idea of what the festivity means and how it works. It's about loss, remembrance, celebrating the good things those that are gone brought to our (or the character's) lives. If you're feeling like watching a fun movie or two about the concept, you can check out Disney's "Coco" and maybe "The Book of Life" as good fun sources.

Thank you for the clarification.

I just got an idea for a story that I think will be brilliant if executed properly. Currently, I'm still not 100% sure I will participate, because even at the beginning of next year, I'll still have a lot of writing projects that I already need to take care of, so no promises, but I am strongly considering it.
In early January, I will do research about the Day of the Dead, maybe watch the two movies you recommended, see what further ideas I might get inspired to by doing that, then see if I have enough inspiration for the story and enough time to write it and make my decision.

Wanderer D
Group Admin

Alright! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Yo también espero con ansias! (no me disculpare por comentar en español) :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7