The Best Promotion Group And Writers Group 89 members · 647 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Artist
Group Admin

I’m currently writing the eighth chapter of my story Child Of Wonder, and I just wrote a scene where the main character goes to sugar cube corner and tries to get advice from Pinkie but Pinkie is not there, but Pumpkin Cake and her brother Pound Cake are there instead.

I find it super easy to write for Pumpkin Cake because she is a lot like Mrs. Cake.

Which character do you find it easy to write for? Never mind if it is G4 or even G5, but I don’t personally subscribe to the idea that G5 is canon.

-Personwrites-
Group Contributor

I myself find it somewhat easy to write for Twilight as I have similar hobbies and interests. But the opposite is true for Rarity, Applejack, Rainbowdash , and even Pinkie pie.I myself think this has to do withe the words and sentence structure said characters use. Like Rarity's more modern yet sophisticated, or Applejack's more "country bumpkin" style and lingo, Rainbowdash's is like a combination of the two blending out into an extremely modern style which is also pretty much Pinkie pie's style as well with a few minor differences such as when she says a whole paragraph in one breath and certain words. And finally Twilight's style is a sofisticated, educated, and modernistic with hints of her knowledge strewn in via her word choices. But she also lets her style somewhat fluctuate into a simpler modern style, such as something similar to a modern speech pattern. I also think that the tone used by a character also plays a large part aswell.But maybe that's just me... oh well.

Artist
Group Admin

That’s pretty cool that you find it easier to write for the main six.

Do you also think it’s easier to write original characters?

-Personwrites-
Group Contributor

I would say that writing for original characters is somewhat easy seeing as I take bits of my personality and mix it with other characteristics getting a nice blend. Sort of like my original character who is my profile picture and is going to be in "The truth Unveiled at Twilight" I also find that each time I make a new character I take aspects from people I know, allowing me to create a personality semi-easier. But I also think that the backstory or origins of the character also help shape their actions and personality for a story. I think that like everything or most things there is an order for creating a good character, not like steps but more of a pro's and con's list to creating a personality and backstory. What do you think about writing original characters?

Artist
Group Admin

I actually find it easy to write an original characters too.

Especially because most of them have disabilities.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5