In General 586 members · 3,897 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Well, it goes without saying how much I want to get my hands on this highly detailed and wonderfully made collectible figure of Soundwave (Bumblebee Movie Ver). I must say it's quite the amazing looking figure of my second most favorite Decepticon.

Which is something I expect from Threezero. A highly respected brand, who have made a solid reputation of making high quality highly accurate figure statues from various iconic intellectual properties, each character or vehicle is battle worn and life like. Its almost like they came directly from the movies or video games. While they're quite expensive. You get what you pay for. As for the Soundwave figure itself, he looks exactly like he did in the movie. Now from what I remember watching and reading reviews on this guy.

This marks the fourth release in the line, following Bumblebee, Prime, and Blitzwing. Soundwave’s definitely a little more of a reach than the others in terms of his role in the film, but he’s freaking Soundwave, so it’s not like it’s super hard to figure out why they’d choose to release him, and bundling in Ravage is just pretty straight forward stuff, really. Soundwave’s the main deal, and Ravage is really just an accessory.

Soundwave stands about 11 1/4 inches tall and has, like, a lot of articulation. The figure’s sculpt is dedicated to recreating the movie-interpretation of Soundwave’s G1 design as closely as possible, and based on what I could see from his brief appearances in the film, they’ve done a very nice job of capturing that design. Soundwave has no alt-mode, of course, but that’s something he share’s with his movie counterpart since Soundwave, like a lot of the Cybertronians we see early in the film, wasn’t actually designed with one in mind.

Soundwave’s paintwork is quite impressively handled. The base colors are nice and bright, and eye catching, and there’s quite a lot of detail that’s been put into making all of the plates and such look worn in and damaged. There’s a lot of simulated wear and tear, and it looks quite convincing, and is quite certainly of a higher caliber. Soundwave also includes a light-up feature for his visor. You’ll need to provide two button cell batteries of your own, but it’s a very nice effect, and adds just a little extra pop to him when on display.

Soundwave is packed with a decent selection of extras. There are quite a few extra hands, 9 of them to be exact, in fists, open gesture, open relaxed, and trigger finger pairs, and one two finger gesture hand for the left side. He also gets a blaster rifle, a display stand, and most importantly Ravage. Now Soundwave wouldn't be much good without one of his cassette bot minions to keep him company, now would he? Hell, no!

Ravage got a whole bit of focus in the movie, so there was this whole fully rendered model there to use as well. Ravage is about 4 inches long, and has 17 workable points of articulation and can be transform into its cassette alt-model. Which can be stored in Soundwave’s chest compartment as you would expect. To help facilitate this transformation, Ravage also gets a few accessories of his own, as the side mounted rockets and the cannon for his back are removable parts which can be added to the figure when he’s in panther mode.

Which is pretty awesome, man!:rainbowkiss:

Well, that's all I got to say. And I'm making damn to get this figure for my next personal birthday gift.:pinkiehappy::yay:

Awesome. Soundwave's the best.

Soundwave superior, Autobots inferior.

Arthor2017
Group Admin

Nice design. It's rare to see figures with this detailed quality.

Oh yeah? Read this, you're going to love what I've shown to CK, promise. If you think that was detailed. You haven't seen nothing yet.:pinkiehappy:

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215895/in-general/thread/476038/threezero-dlx-soundwave-ravage#comment/7551178

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

Oh that looks so cool my brother has the original sound wave

Yeah, A high-end figure/statuette like this is what you should expect from Threezero, A highly respected brand, who have made a solid reputation of making high quality highly accurate figure statues from various iconic intellectual properties. Why their figures are not cheap you're getting your money's worth.

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

Sounds pretty cool kind of like my collection of my amiibos lol

Oh and get a load of this! There's one company called Yolopark that is making their own large high premium Optimus Prime figure and....My. God. This thing is insane. I thought the Haslab Unicron was something. But Yolopark blows it out of the water with this extremely detailed and articulated Optimus Prime figure just check out the short vids on this thing. It is on a whole new level. One thing for sure, this is one figure that is strictly made for hardcore Transformer fans or avid figure collectors and not made for kids.

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

Whoa

0:55 that is amazing and they put a lot of work into these toys

Here's the link. Yolopark Cybertronian Optimus Prime - Deluxe Version

But its kinda sold out since they only made 500 of these, not too sure when they're going to bring out a new batch. Not to mention it has a rather steep price of $2,599. And that's only the pre-order price. The actual retail price is about $3k.

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

I wish I had that kind of money 😅

Yes, don't we all. Well, they're also planning to release a model kit with a more reasonable price. Check the link and check it out, friend.

Bumblebee Movie Earth Mode Optimus Prime PLAMO (Model Kit) gray prototype.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15