Hall of Contests [SFW] 179 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Secret Moon
Group Admin

The contest is finished. Check here for results.

Posted on behalf of AuroraDawn
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215920/in-the-rainbow-factory/thread/476541/rainbow-factory-contest

Happy birthday, Rainbow Factory.

That’s right folks! Our favourite corrupt corporate conspiracy concept is turning ten years old today! And despite a long hiatus, I managed to make it back in time to celebrate.

But what point is there in celebrating by yourself? For a story that has involved and touched so many people over the years, it's only fair I bring others in to celebrate with me. Which is why I’m happy to announce I will be hosting…

The Rainbow Factory Contest

Rules:

• Your story must revolve around the Cloudsdale Weather Corporation and/or the Rainbow Factory in a significant manner. This could be as a main setting, major plot point, or the characters within, and your own interpretations on the subject are welcomed.
  • The contest will run from August 19, 2021 at time of posting — Sept 30, 2021 at 11:59PM PDT. Stories must be published to Fimfiction within this window. Any entries before or after will be disqualified.
  • If you are a new writer and your story ends up in the queue, DM me so you are not disqualified!
  • There’s no restriction on content, be it E, T, M; or including violence, clop, or gore; but extreme content isn’t required and there are no “bonus points” for having them. All genres are welcome.
  • Maximum word count of 10k words.
  • Only one entry per author.
  • Entries must be submitted to the official Rainbow Factory group’s contest folder, found here.

Prizes:

• First Place: $150 CDN, and a reading of your story
  • Second Place: $100 CDN, and a writing commission by TheRedParade
  • Third Place: $50 CDN, and a cover art commission by applejackofalltrades
  • All placings: a print copy of the series signed by AuroraDawn

Judges:
AFanaticRabbit
“AFanaticRabbit (A.K.A. Ashley) is fairly new, but she has thrown herself headlong into the fandom and fanfics. While romance, drama, and big fantasy epics are her typical fare, she was initially interested by a few well known dark stories and finds near anything with a neat concept worth reading. She also has a number of cute and heart wrenching stories in her portfolio!”
Holtinater
“Holtinater knows all the grammar rules, and intends to correct you on them. He’s been in the fandom since the beginning, but has only recently started contributing to it himself. He likes to write romance and drama, and he can’t help but enjoy a story that has a changeling in it or if it’s gay. He may be slightly biased. His favorite pony could be any of them on any given day, but he insists that Fluttershy is Best Pony.”
SnowQuill
“Snow Quill has been around the fandom for a while but only recently has really gotten into writing and drawing for it. A fan of most everything from the sexy to the creepy, the funny and the sad, there’s little this bat doesn’t enjoy. This will be her first contest as a judge, but her little experience as a reviewer and speedwrite host should come in handy (or would it be hoofy?)”
AuroraDawn.
“AuroraDawn is back from the dead to make you all read sad horsewords once again. You might know him from dark and depressing stories, but on top of Lovecraftian nightmares and cynical science fiction, he’s a fan of cute romance and comedies. His favourite background pony is Sweet Pepper, and can go on for hours about why Scootaloo is the most developed character in the show. This is his first contest to host and judge, but with the aid of more experienced friends, he’s confident this will be a great contest for you all.”

Anything Else:
If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me or post them here.
This isn’t required by any means, but if you’d like some extended lore documents/summaries on the canon Rainbow Factory world, I have a side project of them you can find here.
Don’t want to wait for the chance to win one? Pick up a copy of the printed version here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2