A Group for Maids 74 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Robipony
Group Admin

So this is me just posting an update, discussing this idea further and seeing if anyone has any fun feedback to offer. Thus here is what I have so far.

The story follows an earth pony mare named Sherry, who had this misfortune of being named by a mother who loves to drink. Due to a combination of her name and her decent appearance, Sherry is often treated rather poorly by the unicorn stallions in Canterlot. However, one day Sherry's fortune changes when one evening she is saved by a noble stallion named Dark Moon (he's actually from the show). Much to her surprise this rich unicorn didn't want her to repay him with her... assets, but to instead come work for him as a maid in his mansion.

Seeing that Dark Moon is actually interested in helping her and not in using her, Sherry starts to develop romantic feelings for her new master, however, there's two problems:

1. When it comes to romance, Dark Moon is as dense as a block of concrete.
  2. Sherry isn't the only mare that is romantically interested in Dark Moon.

As it would turn out, Sherry isn't Dark Moon's only maid. As it turns out there are three others and they aren't too thrilled that another mare is on the battlefield. To make matters worse, these three mare's aren't completely normal either as they all have some sort of monstrous trait that they can manifest when they desire (something that Sherry is seemingly lacking).

While Sherry and the other three mares start off as rivals, after a terrible incident in the manor, it soon becomes clear that they four of them must start working together and try to get along, otherwise their employment at Dark Moon's mansion will come to an end. As the story goes on Sherry learns more about her fellow maids and gradually the four of them become good friend.

Of course, it isn't all just cleaning inside the mansion, with Dark Moon being a researcher of magical artifacts (or interdimensional magic, I haven't decided), sometimes strange monsters appear and run rampant around the mansion and our beloved maids must work together to defeat them.

---

Now with the premise out of the way, let's get to the discussion.

As you can probably see, I haven't established much for the other three maids aside from the fact that they have monstrous traits. That's mostly because I'm still working on these characters, however I can mention my ideas for what they will be.

• A mare with a mane/tail that can turn into tentacles.
  • A mare that is actually a werecat/neko.
  • A mare with horns kind of like an oni.

As for the monsters, I felt that it would be fun if it wasn't just the maids that were monsters. :derpytongue2:

Now I'm still trying to figure out what kind of work/research Dark Moon does that could warrant these strange creatures occasionally showing up in the manor? One thought is that he would research magical artifacts and sometimes these artifacts are holding a monster or are perhaps a magical creature themselves. Then again, there's also the of having a Dark Moon study magical portals/interdimensional anomalies and that could explain the monsters' presence.

Of course, if you have a suggestion for the type of career Dark Moon might have that would warrant that, I'm all ears. Constructive feedback is always welcome. :twilightsmile:

Another question to ask is this, if you have a monstrous maid who can create tentacles and a monster is unleashed inside the mansion that is a swirling mass of tentacles, is that too much tentacles? :rainbowlaugh:

Suggestions for moon's career.

• Independent researcher for mares in black or the "super-secret anti-monster agency in Canterlot" that bonbon mentioned.
  • Eccentric playboy billionaire fascinated with dimensional/reality bending magic.

• As a young foal he found a lost dusty diary of some researcher,and each chapter is him decoding a page which summons a monster.

why the monsters keep showing up.

• Mansion built in or near a weakening in the veil between worlds.

• due to use of elements repeatedly in same area 5 times. (Nightmare moon twice,discord twice,and twilight's ascension)
  • Dark moon being unaware that he himself is or has a artifact that is a homing beacon that attracts the monsters

• the monsters could be naturally occurring from the everfree.
  • The monsters are from the moon.

• we do know nightmare moon wasn't alone up there.

Possible side jokes.
    Moon is unaware of mentioned monster attacks and being 'dense as concrete ' he causally dismisses explosions and earthquakes as "oh that :pinkiesmile: is likely just playing with explosives again" and even ignores as a maid and a monster fight it out behind him due to being absorbed in his research.

• after they fight off a Jabberwocky moon comes down for dinner,fascinated by what he learned,telling the three maids about how this Jabberwocky creature could simply look at something and whatever that was would be engulfed in flames.
      Moon would ask where sherry was and be told she wasn't feeling well and Maid oni would mutter how the jabberwocky could also drive one crazy with its burbled sounds.
      Chapter ends with us the reader seeing sherry tied up and gagged in a closet until her sanity returns.
Robipony
Group Admin

7437194 I should probably clarify that when someone says that somebody is dense, it usually means that they are oblivious when someone is flirting with them.

Robipony
Group Admin

Possible side jokes.
Moon is unaware of mentioned monster attacks and being 'dense as concrete ' he causally dismisses explosions and earthquakes as "oh that :pinkiesmile: is likely just playing with explosives again" and even ignores as a maid and a monster fight it out behind him due to being absorbed in his research.

• after they fight off a Jabberwocky moon comes down for dinner,fascinated by what he learned,telling the three maids about how this Jabberwocky creature could simply look at something and whatever that was would be engulfed in flames.
    Moon would ask where sherry was and be told she wasn't feeling well and Maid oni would mutter how the jabberwocky could also drive one crazy with its burbled sounds.
    Chapter ends with us the reader seeing sherry tied up and gagged in a closet until her sanity returns.

A part of me kind of likes this idea/joke, to an extent. Perhaps the monster(s) show up and since the maids don't want to lose their jobs, they do everything possible to keep it a secret from Dark Moon. Maybe it gets to the point that the maids have a "pet," that they try to keep a secret from Dark Moon.

It could also be funny if Dark Moon later reveals that he knew about the monsters the whole time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4