Writers Of The Square Table 12 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So I'm writing a draft for a new story (a bit of a longer one) and I wanted a few suggestions for changes I want to make. The general concept is going to be an AU where the elements of harmony don't just make Luna good again. Instead they revert her back to a point before she became an alicorn. She goes back to being a unicorn, loses her memories of ruling alongside Celestia and has to learn her value and come to terms with herself before she can become princess again. Basically she needs to become stronger before she regains her memories or she'll just become evil again. I've already got a bunch of stuff planned for in between that, but any suggestions would help out.

I was thinking about making it so Luna changed her name once she became princess, so she would go by something else after losing her memories. Selena was her conceptual name, so that might work out. Any ideas? I also haven't decided if Celestia should have an old name or not.

Onyourleft
Group Admin

That sounds like a great idea! The only recommendation that came to me, at the moment, would be to have a villian eventually kidnap or try to corrupt the younger Luna. However, I don't know if you want this to be an adventure story or simply a slice of life. Either way its a fantastic idea, and I personally think that having Luna in-between two sides and having to choose would be very intriguing. If you are aiming for more of a slice of life style story, than I would make Luna's past complicated and a point of struggle, that had eventually lead to her light and dark side.

This sounds like an intriguing story! I wish you luck in writing it. :twilightsmile:

I don't want to spoil everything I'm planning, but it's mostly going to be a slice of life story with adventure elements, sort of like an episodic adventure. My plan is to have a few villains throughout he entire story, so I think that would be a cool plot line to work in, thanks!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3