A Most Delightful Ponidox 131 members · 104 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

Simulposting from my blog:

When I say that multiple instances of a character have to interact, that means that each must at least be aware of the other's presence. No looking at the other from Superman's Silver Age time-space telescope or suchlike.

And, since the option's here, let's use this thread for any other questions about the contest rules.

They need to be aware of each other's presence, but do they need to be aware of each other's identity? How about if they meet and interact, but only one of the two is aware that they're the same?

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

I'll allow the case where one is aware, but that's the minimum. If neither know they're interacting with another version of themself, that defeats the point of the prompt.

Most important thing would be the Canon Character req, because I was gonna have Bland Name Products from Oversaturated World interact with the originals.

Hmm... The Canon Comic Book Superheroes interacting with their RL inspirations...

Not my jam, but hmm.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

For the record, at least one set of analogues has to be canon MLP characters. The non-Mane-6 Power Ponies do count for that purpose... but I'm going to need at least two characters who are specifically, say, Saddle Rager rather than the Hulk.

In order to submit, is our only needed action to add the story to the contest submissions folder?

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

Yup. The judges take it from there.

So, I have two questions.

First, does the ponidox need to include a pony? The rules specify that Equestria Girls world is unnecessary, because something like "pony meets alternate pony" is perfectly acceptable, but I'm less clear on whether Equestria Girls world is sufficient. If Lavender Lace meets her nine year old self, does that count?

I don't actually have an idea for Lavender's time traveling adventures, hers was just the first name I was able to call to mind of a very definitely human character in canon with no canonical counterpart on the mirror side of the portal, and using such a character in the example makes for a starker contrast than certain other choices would have allowed.

The second question isn't about contest rules but group rules. What are the submission guidelines for the "Other Ponidoxes" folder?

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

A purely EqG paradox is entirely acceptable. "Other Ponidoxes" is for storing stories that have already been published but would fulfill the prompt.

How much has to be my own work?

Like, if it's Group Precipitation worthy, could I use the Flash Fic thread, and get a title from you, and I just have story text instead of coming up with Cover Image, Title, and Summary?

... Hmm... Untitled Works exist, so hmm.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

You can get outside consultation for the trimmings, much as you can use an editor, but getting help from the judges on your contest entry feels iffy. In the end, we have to read the story, so you don't have to worry too much about grabbing the judges' attention. Focus on the narrative.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11