My Little Lion King 66 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

For those of you who watched The Lion Guard, you would recall Scar's line from "Battle of the Pride Lands" as follows:

Have I ever told you how I got my scar?

Throughout all the times I have been a fan of The Lion King franchise, there have been many interpretations as to how Scar got his scar when he was younger. Many fans have been speculating for years that he got his scar from his father (which you can clearly see in fanfiction and in DeviantArt). There is also a non-canon book called A Tale of Two Brothers where Taka got scarred by a water buffalo. In the 2019 Lion King remake, it is heavily implied Scar got his trademark scar by Mufasa in a fight. He said,

I wouldn't dream of challenging you... again.

In The Lion Guard, he got his scar from a cobra bite. It's like there are so many interpretations and various backstories of his scar that gives us some interesting ideas as to what he went through that would explain his rise to villainy. In fact, that line from The Lion Guard reminds me of The Joker's line from The Dark Knight:

You wanna know how I got these scars?

Plus, Joker always preferred his backstory to be multiple choice. I just found it so fascinating Scar likewise has the same predicament. Could it be possible that Scar is Disney's version of The Joker?

Any thoughts on this?

Scar being the Joker of the Disney universe is an interesting thought. Would that make Simba the Batman or the Disney universe? :pinkiegasp:

my only problem with that is Joker in anarchy and insanity incarnate. Scar wants to be king and will do that by any means necessary, even using Nazi hyenas. And Nazis were anything but chaotic.

Good point. Joker is an American criminal after all. ;)

I know that the backstory in “The Lion Guard” on how Scar got his scar isn’t the most popular, but I actually couldn’t help but find that to be really fascinating. It particularly reminded me of the Book of Genesis in the Bible, where Eve was tempted by the Serpent to eat the Forbidden Fruit before taking a bite out of it and she got Adam to eat it afterwards.

Interesting comparison. 🤔

However, unlike Eve, Scar was already desirous for the throne and jealous of Mufasa before he got the scar. The snake bite only served to bring out his dark and wicked impulses even more than before.

A Japanese version of the Joker would be Kimblee.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8