My Little Lion King 66 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hey, guys.

There is something that I was wondering just now in regards to the said characters. In the original Lion King, it is heavily implied that Scar already had a pre-existing relationship with the hyenas prior to their meeting in the Elephant Graveyard where they plotted to kill Mufasa. However, in the 2019 remake, Scar just shows up out of nowhere and meets with Shenzi and her clan for the first time. I am curious why they decided to alter that relationship and make their alliance as mere business as opposed to the "friendship" Scar had with them in the original.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you prefer the pre-existing relationship he had with the hyenas in the original? Because, to me, I find it a little hard to believe Shenzi would almost instantly buy Scar's promises despite she has never met him before in the remake. It made the plot a little more nonsensical which is yet one of the things I hated about the remake.

The changes they made in terms of Scar and the hyenas’ relationship in the live-action remake was interesting, but I agree with you on this. The depicted relationship they had in the animated version was a lot more sensical, as an alliance between Scar and the hyenas wouldn’t just happen overnight. Plus, there was a greater sense of chemistry between them.

What I want to know is what happened to the hyenas in the lion king 2

Im surrounded by idiots....

I do prefer a pre-existing relationship.

But I do think that maybe they wanted to be more realistic here since lions and hyenas don't like each other at all.

In my opinion, Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed were killed in the fire, along with whatever other hyenas attacked and killed Scar. Their twins in “The Lion King 1 1/2” meanwhile simply fell until they reached the center of the Earth.

Other clan members simply retreated before that happened.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6