Pony Life Group 55 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I'd been going by the assumption that this took place before the final episode. Where Twilight got Celestia's job, and moved to Canterlot.

In a recent episode, we learn that the Cakes handed ownership of Sugar Cube Corner over to Pinkie Pie. This must happen later then the mane series finale.

So, is Twilight ruler of Equestria, or not?

Maybe she just extended the ranger of her teleportation, so all that stuff about her moving to Canterlot wasn't such a big deal.

well technically, yes she still is.... I think.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Pretty sure Pony Life is non-canon to G4.

I knew I was going to hear that from someone.

The show seems to like quick in the background references To G4, so I think these characters at least live a mirror world type version of the same events.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Or at least events that are close to the original universe, but not exactly the same.

I mean, Celestia is still in charge and Luna is nowhere to be seen.

Both Twilight and Spike still have their wings, and the CMC are shown to have their cutie marks. But we have yet to see the School Of Friendship anywhere, or Twilight's castle for that matter.

Also, the fact that touchscreen tablets exist in this world while the original Equestria is in the steampunk era.

The G4 equestria had sound equipment, roller coasters, and vacuums. My theory is that it's actually a very optimistic look at life after peak oil. They have know-how, but not enough gas for everyone to drive a car.

Still, throwing in TV and tablets kinda takes away from the quaint renaisance feel of the world.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

While they did have sound equipment, it wasn't as advanced as touchscreens or mobile phones. Discord had the straight up pull from another reality to get one of those.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7