The Insane Creators Guild 640 members · 2,292 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Kama and Hallie
Group Contributor

1. Big Trouble in Little China

SUMMARY: A truck driver named Jack Burton helps his friend, Wang Chi to save his kidnapped fiancé from ancient supernatural threats lurking in Chinatown.

RATING: 9/10, very fun movie, fast-paced, funny, memorable and weird, always something new to enjoy when rewatching.

2. Iron Monkey

SUMMARY: A masked vigilante named Iron Monkey works together with Wong Kei-Ying and his son, Wong Fei-Hung to bring down the corrupt officials that oppress his town (Essentially, Chinese Robin Hood).

RATING: 9/10, also very fun, great action, doesn't get boring, very enjoyable characters, and very rewatchable.

3. Evil Dead 2

SUMMARY: A college student named Ash Williams gets stuck in a cabin in the woods and has to defend himself against a demonic force known as the Deadites.

RATING: 9/10, very funny, mixes horror and comedy really well, has easily one of the most iconic and badass protagonists in any horror story.

4. In the Mouth of Madness

SUMMARY: An investigator named John Trent is hired to investigate the disappearance of world-famous horror author, Sutter Cane, who's books are known to drive the reader insane. But he soon finds out the books are more than just fiction.

RATING: 8/10, great horror flick, my favorite in John Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy and easily the best Lovecraft-based movie, very fun and trippy.

5. Prince of Darkness

SUMMARY: A priest brings a group of college students to an abandoned church to research a mysterious container of green liquid said to be the physical embodiment of Satan himself, and it has plans to unleash something more terrifying than even itself.

RATING: 8/10, another great horror flick by Carpenter, simple but so complex and interesting, mixes science and religion very well and gives a fresh take on devil movies.

6. Pee Mak

SUMMARY: A parody of the 1999 Thai horror movie "Nang Nak" which is based on the real Thai ghost, Mae Nak Phra Khanong, "Pee Mak" follows the comedic quartet of Shin, Ter, Puak, and Aey as they accompany their new friend, Pee Mak home from the war to his wife in his local village, but they soon find out Mak's wife might actually be a ghost.

RATING: 8/10, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, every moment is a laugh from beginning to end, even having a few scares here and their. (Side Note: You don't actually have to watch the original movie to get this one, it can still be enjoyed on its own.)

7. The Prince of Egypt

SUMMARY: An animated musical adaptation of the Moses/Exodus story of the Old Testament, following the journey of Moses from becoming a prince of Egypt to the savior of the Hebrew people.

RATING: 9/10, easily one of the best movies I've ever seen, great cast, phenomenal score by Hans Zimmer, great animation, an amazing retelling of the Exodus story, always gets me emotional and I'm never not amazed at what this movie accomplishes. Also has my favorite depiction of God in any movie.

8. Ben-Hur

SUMMARY: A Jewish prince named Judah Ben-Hur is betrayed by his childhood friend now a Roman commander, Messala. Judah then spends the next few years after being sold off as a slave to return home to take revenge on his former friend and reunite with his family whom Messala also arrested.

RATING: 9/10, a must-see movie for anyone, easily one of the most epic movies ever. Every scene feels grand and you really get sucked into the story right away. The chariot race is also easily one of the most epic movie scenes of all time.

9. Gamera: Guardian of the Universe

SUMMARY: Japan gets attacked by giant monster birds that eat everything in sight, until another giant monster named Gamera comes in to prevent humanity from getting wiped out.

RATING: 8/10, great monster movie, with great effects, great action, and a fun engaging story. Classic good vs. evil story, and a fun flick to watch for anyone who likes giant monster movies.

10. Rear Window

SUMMARY: A photographer named L. B Jefferies who is recovering from a broken leg has nothing to do but watch his neighbors in the other apartments from his window. After a series of strange events, he suspects one of the neighbors has committed murder.

RATING: 9/10, easily my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie, this is a movie without a single boring scene and keeps your eyes stuck to the screen despite only being set in one location, also proves why Hitchcock is the master of suspense. Everything in this movie, besides even the mystery, will keep you interested and entertained, the 1 hour 52-minute runtime will fly by very fast.

HONORABLE MENTIONS: "Legion" (2010), "Once Upon A Time in China" (1991), "Out of the Dark" (1995), "The Exorcist III: Legion" (1990), "Encounters of the Spooky Kind" (1980), "Christine" (1983), "Detroit Rock City" (1999), "House" (1977).

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7745529 These are all great films. :3 I love the Prince of Egypt as well. I've listened to the soundtrack so many times. Just a great piece of animation all around.

Chrome Masquerade
Group Contributor

Shifting order, but...
The Matrix
Santa and Pete
Formula 51
The Mask
What Women Want
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow/Bloodsport - can't decide!
Monty Python and The Holy Grail
The Shadow
Robin Hood: Men in Tights/Spaceballs/Hot Shots part Deux - can't decide!

Kama and Hallie
Group Contributor

Nice to see someone who likes Snake in the Eagle's Shadow.

Chrome Masquerade
Group Contributor

It's funny and action-packed. What's not to love?

annonymus
Group Contributor

Here are my top ten favorite movies and franchises:

1. Jurassic Park/World series (mostly Jurassic World: Dominion)
  2. Monsterverse series (mostly Godzilla: King of the Monsters)
  3. Pacific Rim
  4. Independence Day
  5. The Jungle Book (2016)
  6. Edge of Tomorrow
  7. The Land Before Time
  8. Bumblebee
  9. Star Wars series (mostly Revenge of the Sith)
  10. Toy Story trilogy (mostly Toy Story 2)

Honorable Mentions: Jaws, The Meg, Sam Rami Spider-Man series (mostly Spider-Man 2), Alien and Predator series (mostly Aliens), Disney's Dinosaur, Tremors series (mostly Tremors 2), How to Train Your Dragon trilogy (mostly the first movie), The Incredibles, Avatar, Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds, and Rampage.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

I'm enjoying seeing these lists. I'm a fan of a lot on each I've seen. :3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7