Look at my sweater vest, I look so fly
Look at that mailbox, look at that tree
It's about as beautiful as it can be

Today is gonna be exceptional
Never boring, even for a minute
It's my world and we're all living in it

Never boring, even for a minute
It's my world and we're all living in it

Now…who’s the poor sucker who’s going to be subjected to all the bad lucks?

Tempest Shadow? No…I may subject her to food fights. But even I’m not this cruel to her.

Sunset Shimmer? …She kinda deserved it in this continuity. (Sunset Shimmer: “I said I was sorry!”)

Starlight Glimmer? Nah.

Trixie? Tempting?

Discord? (Discord: “Insert me and I’ll fire you…out of a cannon and into a volcano, which will shoot you into the sun, where you fry crispy bacons!”)

Discord:
Ah, here-we-go!
Look at that sun, look at that sky.
Take a gander at my professor coat, I look so fly.
Look at that mailbox, look at that tree.
Whoa-oh! Okay, the tree fell on me. The tree fell on me.
A little help? Okay... a-five, six, seven, eight-
It’s about as beautiful as it can be.
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-OOOWW! Ow!
That went right over my foot! Ow!
Ow! Where were we?
Today’s gonna be incredible...
Never boring- Ow! Whoa! That was a safe! Whoa!
Okay, a toilet? That’s insult to injury.
Whoa, lookout! Aaahh!
Gangway! Wait, wait, wait!
Oh, man, that was...that was so much harder than I thought it would-
Wait! Are these arrow-? Whose shooting arrows at me? Whose shooti- Whoaa!

Mẹ: “Totally worth it!”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Seems you've definitely put a fun little twist in these takeover songs. Rather well done actually.

Comment posted by PlymouthFury58 deleted Jan 12th, 2023
Comment posted by Dramamaster829 deleted Jan 12th, 2023
Comment posted by PlymouthFury58 deleted Jan 12th, 2023

Pinkie Interrogates

"Now...I'm gonna ask you a few questions and all you have to do is answer them to the best of your abilities. Understand?"

"...Yes?"

"Okay. What...is your name?"

"(insert character name)"

"What...is your quest?"

"Uh...to...serve my boss, I think."

"What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

"...I don't know that."

The suspect was then promptly thrown out a window into a nearby lake.

"Pinkie, what was the point of that?" Twilight asked.

"I've always wanted to ask those questions!" Pinkie shrugged, smiling.

"What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

What do you mean, African or European Swallow?

Everybody get a bottle of... this stuff

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Never really seen this show often but I assume this was one of the funniest moments during its prime.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Assassin: (Says something insulting to Sunset Shimmer)

Sunset Shimmer: (To the nun) “What did he say?”

Nun: “He called you the b-word.”

Sunset Shimmer: (Sigh) “Yeah. I know. I get it a lot. My hair looks like bacon and…”

Nun: “No no. He called you a stupid b-word that rhymes with limbo and a female dog…”

Sunset Shimmer: (Outraged) “WHAT?!” (Everyone else laughing at Sunset) “Well, you tell him that he’s a piece of S-Word and I’ve got a lightsaber and I will personally F-WORD him up his A.H. With my lightsaber!”

Got this idea from this scene.

That's nothing, wait until she meets Yu and Mi.

https://m.

And I thought the names of some of the ponies are confusing.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I love this scene!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... do NOT make Sunset Shimmer mad. Experience will support that one fact alone.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Tell that to Discord. He just LOVES making everyone mad.

…Except for Fluttershy.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well of course, he can't possibly enjoy making Fluttershy upset. Their friendship practically hangs in the balance. Practically has the dude tied to a leash and considering she's the first real friend he ever had, he can't afford to lose that.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Sometimes, Discord can but a glutton for punishment.

Sunset Shimmer and Discord

(Sunset and Twilight catching up on old times)

Discord: “…And nobody has ever turned to the Dark Side! Hey! Remember that time when you got kidnapped by the Empire? Oh! You should’ve seen it!”

Sunset Shimmer: (Annoyed) “Discord…”

Discord: (To Peeves) “So it was like this! It started when Spike was answering a call for help. Right? So, Spike answered the TV. And then all of a sudden it opened up and sucked everyone in! Except me. I came into the Cinematic Adventure later, see. But Sunset Shimmer was taken prisoner by the Empire and was tortured and humiliated left and right, okay? And all it took for her to loose her marbles was this edited video of Twilight Sparkle sounding like she ditched her, see? Because Sunset got it bad. She bought, because she was stupid! And then she—“ (Sees Sunset Shimmer approaching) “Aw, c’mon! It’s a great story!”

Sunset grabs Discord by the goatee and pins him to the wall, with the Force.

Sunset Shimmer: (To Discord) “I swear! You are just unbelievable, Discord! If I’d known I would have to put up with even more grievances from you, then I wouldn’t have come back!”

Discord: (To Sunset) “HA! Tough. Besides, what you gonna do? It ain’t like you can escape me, or even kill me!”

Sunset Shimmer: (To Sunset) “SHUT UP! I don’t want to hear you bring up another word out of you as long as I’m here! Do you understand me?”

Discord: (Plays dumb) “Duuuuuhhhhhhh…”

Sunset Shimmer: (Loses patience) “I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!”

Discord: (With a smug grin on his face) “Well, how can I answer, stupid? You said not another word!” (Sunset Shimmer’s eyes turned Sith angry) “Ah-ah-ah! Rated E for everyone!”

Pinkie Pie: (To Sunset) “Find a happy place, Sunset!”

Sunset Shimmer: “THERE IS NO HAPPY PLACE WITH HIM!!!” (She blew her stack like Yosemite Sam) “Oh…”

Sunset got up, dazed, with a grin and blows out a puff of smoke.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Discord buries Sunset Shimmer

Discord: (Singing) “Oh bury me nooooooot! Out in the lone prairie. Oh yodel-lay Hee hoooo! Where the wild coyotes well howl o me! Oh yodel-lay Hee hoo!” (Speaks to the readers) “Gosh! Ain’t I a stinker?”

Discord proceeds to walk away, singing along the way, and realizes too late that Sunset had dig herself free, and was standing in front of him.

Discord: (Bumps into Sunset) “OOOF!!” (Grins trolling at Discord)

Sunset Shimmer: (To Discord) “Discord! I came here to right some wrong! And I’m going to start righting you!”

Discord: “No! It wasn’t me! It was the on arm man!” (Huffs) “Alright. So I did buried you six feet underground. And I’m glad. GLAD I tell you! And what you gonna do about it?”

Sunset answers by whipping out her lightsaber-wand, and lunges at Discord, slicing and dicing him up into a thousand little pieces. Then, she lets Discord out himself back together, so she can slice and dice him all over again.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There are times like this when Discord needs to learn to shut up. Like he was never easily corrupted by an evil force to betray the closest ponies to friends.

Need he be reminded of the 'Tirek' incident?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Need he be reminded of the 'Tirek' incident?

Discord: (Being the hypocrite he is) “Quit living in the past.”

It’s kinda his whole thing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... nice try, big guy. But that doesn't really work on me.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Bait-and-switch. A classic trope of humor!

The trick to fool the audience into believing something else was happening, only to pull the switch on them at the last second.

I.e.

And my favorite…

The Dazzlings get a taste of their own medicine

Before Sonata could answer, Sunset had put her hand over the blue siren’s mouth and started, “This place isn’t so bad. It’s kinda cozy when you think about it.”

Sonata blinked a couple of time in confusion, until Sunset makes a slight nudge of her head, “Didn’t think about it much, but it almost feels like home.”

Sonata looked in the direction Sunset was nudging to, to see a spy drone, nearby. The same that recording Twilight Sparkle, which the Dazzlings and Darth Sidious used to manipulate to trick Sunset.

“Uh…yeah!” Sonata played along. “For realsies, most jail cells are the pig sty. But this one is first class all the way!”

Sunset then instructed Sonata to keep up the act, while Sunset secretly backs up to the drone.

“Oh, and I can tell you something else! The foods aren’t bad here either,” Sonata continued. “The dead chickens they served were pretty good. Even though the other day, they were rotten and very moldy…but while we’re on the subject, you think they could’ve at least gotten us one of those pizzas or tacos. Wouldn’t that be nice?”

”IT SURE WOULD!!!” Sunset screamed, jumpscaring the spy drone so much, that it malfunctioned and exploded.

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!” Adagio screamed, with her ears bleeding.

Pinkie jumpscares Aria and she falls down a hole

"HELLO, ARIA!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"...oops."

Aria is bored while falling through the hole

"...this is stupid."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Okay that is pretty hilarious. Excellent work.

She'll be fine, some friends from Gravity Falls went through the same situation.

oh this would be so enjoying to see :rainbowlaugh:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure it would be. The old bait-and-switch is considered a crowd pleaser if done correctly.

It’s definitely a key component in Mystery and Heist movies.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Too bad not many good mystery movies were nominated for this year's Oscars. Least, I don't believe so.

Maybe Glass Onion did?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh sure, I remember that one. It'll air on Disney occasionally.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Say it with me.

Prince Blueblood: “I’M STUCK IN A CHIMNEEEEEYYYYY!!!”

Crazy Steve: “I’M ON A WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL!”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

*Violently opens the door* I'M TRYING TO USE THE PHOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!! *Slams the door*

GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes... thank you 'very much' for reminding me of my schtick. Course, I can do without the passive aggression.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, most of the time I don't get what he's saying either. Clearly, he needs work on clarification.

Huh? I don't know that.

Those boys always managed to deliver some iconic moments like this.

https://m.

Rainbow regrets scientific explanations

"Can you explain that in plain Equis please?" Rainbow asked.

(much later, after Rainbow has fallen asleep)

"Rainbow!"

"STOP EXPLAINING!! STOP EXPLAINING, PLEASE!! I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID!!!"

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash has never been rather fond of the scientific approach. She's more of an action first and talk later woman.

Hence why she needs her marefriend more then ever to keep her in check at times.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Definitely a classic scene, I assume to be, in movies such as this. At least that much I can speculate from this one video.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

(6:35)
Me: “I don’t know about the part where Spike helped Princess Celestia fighting giant cockatrices. But I can definitely say that I was there when Queen Chrysalis attempted a hostile take over of Ponyville. And I was definitely there, when Spike and Mina worked with Princess Celestia solved that fiasco in Fillydelphia.”

(6:55)
Me: 🫤😳 (Suddenly shouting) “HOLD IT! Hold it! What do you mean the comics were inconsistent? Can you believe this guy? See, I’ll have you know that I’ve been adventuring with Twilight and Spike through all their adventures, here in Equestria to the human world, with Sunset Shimmer and the Anon-a-Miss incident. Not to mention an alternate universe where Prince Blueblood got sent to the moon.”

Random Dude: “Oh yeah? Then tell us, doctor. If you really are a doctor. How do you explain King Sombra being reformed, only to be working with Grogar later? Or the origin story about how the Dazzlings were humiliated in a singing contest, only to have a deeper origin story with Stygian and the Pillars of Equestria?”

Me: “Eh, wibbly wobbly, timy-windy and stuff. Y’know how we’ve had different incarnations of Scooby-Doo over the years, as well as different Spider-Man in the Spiderverse, or even a freaky alternate dimension where Superman became an evil dictator? Well…it’s a big universe.”

Random Dude: “So you’re saying these jumbled up timelines are all from alternate dimensions? Is that what you’re saying? And that you’re some random nerd who got pulled in from your own world?”

Me: “No! All I’m saying is…” (Double take) “Wait. Is that right? Am I in the wrong dimension? Have I been living a lie? Where is my home? WHICH IS MY HOME? Where’s my wife?! Do I have a wife?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE CINEMATIC ADVENTURE?! Where’s the theater?”

(7:09)
Me: (To Spike) “I’ll tell you how things don’t work out, Spike! I’M CONFUSED! I’M HAVING A MAJOR EXISTENTIAL CRISIS, MAN! I HAVEN’T HAD THIS WORSE THAN THE TIME I GOT KIDNAPPED IN ACE VENTURA!! OR SINCE THE STAR WARS TRILOGY!!!”

Moments after I calm down.

Me: “Y’know what, Spike? You’re alright. You’ve got a creative mind. I can respect that. Also, yeah. Don’t listen to the spaz. I love ya bro.”

(7:20)
Me: (Hugging Mina) “Well hello Mina! It’s so good to see you again! How have you been? It felt like it was just yesterday when I hired you and Silver Shill to be my assistants, running Discord Theater, and then here you are. A curator to a museum of all the souvenirs of the good old days.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Looks to me as though you had quite a bit of fun on this part. Surely the comic was a rather excellent read.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

A lot of the comics were fun to read. When I was younger, whenever I read the comics, I imagined myself that I was right there besides our heroes, living the adventure, reacting to the moments, and Pinkie Pie’s antics.

Though, admittedly, ever since Season 9 with the revelation of King Sombra being resurrected by Grogar!Discord, instead of being reformed in the comic, or the Dazzlings having never participated in a singing contest, I had been questioning the credibility of the comics’ canon, or continuity.

It wasn’t until this issue that it makes sense. In a way…

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes, it's frustrating to never know what's canon or not. As if we are meant to assume that what we're dealing with are two separate universes with barely little to no connection in the slightest. But only when they are acknowledged as separate canons, in a most creative way, at least we can somewhat 'forgive' the developers on both sides for not initially establishing some form of common ground.

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 511