Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 1148 )
  • Viewing 1,051 - 1,100 of 1,148
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This is why it's 'very' important to follow 'every' story we do. Otherwise, who's fault is it for missing important key details?

Speaking of classic jokes that wasn't used:
The Pie Fights! :pinkiehappy:

Somebody's gonna get this pie right in the mush!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

As long as it’s not just whipped cream in a pie tin, a pie in the face actually doesn’t sound bad. Unless it’s a pie I don’t like.

Ghostbusters (1984)

Here's an idea: on top of dealing with Gozer and his minions (and possibly Sombra), the Equestrians and Ghostbusters would also cross paths with Ivo Shandor's Cult of Gozer. This stems from the Ghostbusters Video Game; an awesome playthrough though.

On top of designing Dana's apartment building, Shandor also made renovations to the New York Public Library, History Museum, and designed and built the Sedgwick hotel. The reason why Slimer was haunting the place in the first place is that Shandor tried an experiment to bring over or create a ghost that would cripple the food supply, only for Slimer to be lazy and stuck around the hotel indefinitely.

The story goes that Shandor created Mandala nodes in these respective buildings and renovations as a way to draw power from the ghost world and summon Gozer, and he used his top members of his cult as guardians of these nodes. For the Sedgwick, he used the Spider Witch. Described by the present owner as a professional widower, she lured men to her room on the 12th Floor where she wrapped them in silk cocoons and drained their blood, leaving their lifeless corpses hanging around the place. Because of her strong ties to the cult, she was given immense ghostly power after her death, such as manifesting the Node's power in a spiritual pocket dimension as the 13th floor of the Sedgwick, which it never had.

For the Library, Shandor used a man called Edmund Hoover, the Collector. He amassed a collection of rare books, but through the Cult somehow made contact and struck a deal with a god called Azetlor, who would give him immense power if Hoover gave him a book called The Gozerian Codex. To do this, Hoover seduced the head librarian, Elanor Twitty to get his hands on it, but she got onto his scheme and dumped him...which he then murdered her and a dozen others, collecting their bodies. He never got the book, Twitty became the Gray Lady haunting the bowels of the Library, and seconds before he was hanged he proclaimed that he would return as Azetlor. Because of their deal, Azetlor and Hoover became locked together, but through their connections to Gozer and Shandor they stuck around to guard the Node.

For the Museum, Shandor used a man known as Cornelius Wellsley, the chairman of a committee that funded the Museum. Titans of early 20th Century industry, who used the museum as a front for their nefarious activities, such as using women from a nearby church in Gozerian rituals. Wellsley was granted afterlife powers as the Node guardian, by keeping guard of an immense black slime factory built underneath the museum, funneling all the negative spiritual energy of ghosts to his keep.

The final node was built as a part of Shandor Island: a land mass of a large castle in the middle of the Hudson Bay. It acted as the headquarters for the Cult and their rituals, and was a part of the Shandor family for decades, as were all the ghostly happenings, including being the source of all the slime in Ghostbusters II. After the Shandor died, Ivo dedicated the island to Gozer, and the Hudson Bay swallowed up the island along with protecting the Node of Shandor's plan.

Ivo Shandor seems to me that he's on the same level as Joseph Seed: a megalomaniacal cultist obsessed with the end of the world, except he had his hands in every power-pocket of New York and had paranormal power of the Ghost dimension to boot. And given enough power, he can surpass Ray's chosen destructor form of Stay Puft. So far, I would say the Equestrians encountered about two cults. Why not one more? Shandor seems like the guy that would get enticed into the Dark Order.

Also, the canon of the game is not based around Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Bit peeved that Ivo Shandor didn't have a bigger role.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's a bit of a stretch if I can be perfectly honest. But something that could've been worth thinking about.

I've got an idea for future MLP Scooby-Doo stories. What if Twilight Sparkle casted a spell on every universe where Mystery Inc. exists? That way, no matter where they go, Scooby and the gang will recognize the Mane 6 and Spike.

Yeah I just realized that the next season has another version of Mystery Inc who haven’t meet the Equestrians!

So, for my idea for Cinematic Adventures Igor. It will be something to do with Spike dealing with his Malakai issues. As Igor said: Everyone has an evil bone in their body, but we choose whether or not to use it. This adventure may help him with the situation he's dealing with. Just a thought. I mean I did request Igor on the forum. So far, it has two likes and two dislikes. The point is, as I watched the movie few more times, including yesterday I figured hanging out with Igor, Scamper, Brain and Eva in Malaria will help Spike with his M problem. Along for the ride are Thorax, Trixie and Starlight. I hope you consider this in the future.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

What we do with those universes are entirely up to Mr. Enigma and me. We have our reasons for doing things after all, whether everyone understands or not. Please show a little courtesy for how we do things.

I didn’t mean to insinuate. I was just making a realization as far as I knew.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, unfortunately for you, an insinuation was just made and has been noted. What we don't like in this group is the assumption that we have a whole line-up of projects laid out for our fans without the realization of the scenarios of which we are working on. You are not working with run-of-the-mill crossover artists. We know what we're dealing with; we have ways of justifying certain scenarios. We put time and effort into our projects by refusing to question what would be normal and instead 'defying' the expectations. If you were expecting this to be your everyday crossover series, you came to the wrong group.

I wasn’t thinking that. But basically, I should always expect the unexpected. Good to know.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Just do not try to argue with the guys who are responsible for the management of this group. It's not going to end very well.

Just carry on with your work, okay?

Yes, I understand sir! I will carry on now.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You definitely are not grasping how much work is going to be put in making a bigger army than we already have. Not 'every' villain can be included in the Dark One's army. Even this group has their limits.

That’s fair enough. I was just caught up in the announcement.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Word of advice... do 'not' get too caught up on our announcements. Just because we make plans doesn't always mean everything is set in stone. They are only ideas and nothing more. In the end, the boss and I make the arrangements final.

Comment posted by Cow-Man deleted Nov 7th, 2023

I was wondering, for Oz the Great and Powerful: Since it's a prequel to the Wizard of Oz, should Spike shrink down back to a baby dragon because he was that in the Wizard of Oz?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

What we do with Spike is up to Mr. Enigma and me. We don't do things because someone asked us to do it.

I'm just spit-balling here, but which MLP villains do you think would team up with the likes of Boris, Natasha, and Fearless Leader?

Chrysalis Tirek and Cozy.

And side note, what if in this movie as part of the commentary extra cuts, the Animaniacs cast got involved with the Warners teaming up with the Equestrians, Rocky and Bullwinkle and Pinky and the Brain try to highjack Fearless leaders plan for themselves?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Assuming we are even under any consideration to even cover this feature at all.

Word on the street is that it wasn't a highly receptive piece, which is a rather disappointment for 'Rocky and Bullwinkle' fans.

Comment posted by BugsBunnySonicLover02 deleted Nov 17th, 2023
Comment posted by DragonsTheNineRealms deleted Nov 19th, 2023
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I'm just thinking about something.

So...

Unico and Chirin both came from the same company. But they're yin-and-yang.

One is a cute little unicorn who is an angel, but the other was doomed to become a dark ram with the bloodthirsty ferocity of a Sith Lord.

Unico has the power to bring happiness wherever he goes and he's just a really nice guy. And still, for ridiculous bias reasons, this got him into trouble with the gods, who wanted him destroyed. As a result, he's always on the move, spirited away by the West Wind in order to avoid the gods' wrath. And each time, his memories of his identity and his friends are erased. Nevertheless, that never stopped him from helping people with problems.

Meanwhile, Chirin was just your normal, innocent, cute little lamb. That is, until his mother was killed by a wolf. Driven by revenge, Chirin chased after the wolf, pleading and convincing the wolf to train him, until he was strong enough to kill his former master. But in the end, Chirin was never the same again. He wasn't welcomed back by his former flock. And without the wolf, he has no direction in life anymore.

Lately, I was wondering if these two could "potentially" guest-star in the Cinematic Adventures. The scenario would be:

Unico is brought to Ponyville by the West Wind and immediately befriends the Equestrian Heroes right on the spot. Meanwhile, the Benefactor would recruit Chirin and have him serve as one of their most ruthless flunkeys.

Therefore, on numerous occasions, Chirin and Unico would clash with each other.

For the first time ever, Unico would find himself getting his works cut out, because Chirin's rage is just too strong, even for the little unicorn's powers. Still, Unico would never resort to fighting back, and would repeatedly try to appeal to Chirin's better side, in spite of the angry ram's repeated attempts to kill him.

My Little Pony Universe

What could be really cool is that in the My Little Pony world, both would have masters.

Unico could live with the Mane Six, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, or Storm Shield.

Meanwhile, Chirin's new master would be none other than an even darker ram – Grogar.

And the ideal Cinematic Adventure I can think of putting these two together would be...

The Last Unicorn

Unico can help the Last Unicorn – Amalthea – find the rest of the unicorns, and rescue them from the evil King Haggard, and the Red Bull, while Chirin was sent by Grogar to ensure the destruction of all unicorn. Say that somehow, the existence of unicorns ties to to Amalthea's, and if she's destroyed, then so will unicorns everywhere, from one world to the next.

Chirin would be sent to fulfill the task he was given, but he's become rather conflicted.

And if Unico and Chirin do fight, this would be the fight song to go with it.

Kingdom Hearts 2 – Vim and Vigor

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Also...

I kinda wonder if "Uncle" Blitzø would have some choice words to say to the gods for their bigotry towards Unico.

Story Pitch: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)

I have been sitting on this for quite some time now, and it wasn’t until my recent viewing of the Extended editions that the pieces manifested.  There is just so much to unpack in this one adventure alone, and on top of that there is an entire deep and complex mythology and millennia upon millennia of history of this very world.  And there are so many places that are traveled to with so many characters to keep track of; some that don’t reappear for a while.  But the themes of friendship and love defeating a great evil would be the perfect adventure for the Equestrians to embark on; it won’t be the tenth time battling an evil dark lord, after all.

At the same time, it’s on the part of the evil Sauron and Saruman not understanding the power that good had in the world, allowing the Hobbits to fulfill their quest.  Gandalf was right in seeing the innate strength the hobbits had over the forces of evil.  The Equestrians would fit right in with the Quest of the Fellowship.

At some point, each of the Main Six will have a moment where “they come into their Element, representing the magic of Harmony”, harkening back to the Season Four arc.  After each moment, their elements become exhausted of their bearers, and no longer recognize the Main Six as the bearers.  After the adventure, it is noted that the Elements themselves go into slumber, not to awaken for the grand finale of Deathly Hallows.

I’ll go movie by movie, and fair warning: be prepared for some very controversial proposals.  At the end of the day, these are merely suggestions and these movies may never be featured.  Also, each movie will be featured in their Extended Editions.

Prologue:

This would take place near the end of the series, sometime in between the entries of the latter half of the Harry Potter movies.  By this point, Equestria has been thoroughly beaten down by the forces of the Dark Order, and the Main Six are beginning to doubt their elements, and Spike doubts his valor and strength as a dragon and Twilight’s brother.  They talk to the Pillars, who tell of their adventure with Bilbo and the Company, and how strength can come from the most unlikely folks.  This causes them to be sent through the television, where they land in the Shire, following the exposition dump in the intro.

The Fellowship of the Ring (2001):

On the road, they run into Gandalf and Frodo, who immediately warm up to the group.  They take them to the Shire, talking of things involving Bilbo’s 111th and Frodo’s (coming-of-age) 33rd birthdays, and Bilbo himself, as well as the nature of Hobbits and the Shire.  Frodo goes off on his own, with Pinkie and Fluttershy following behind.  The rest arrive at Bag End, where Bilbo compares them to the Pillars that he traveled with on his own adventure.

The rest remain the same: Bilbo’s party, Gandalf entrusting the ring to Frodo and going off to confirm his suspicions.  As some time passes, Sauron’s forces rally further, and a tortured Gollum reveals who has the Ring.  The Nazgul are sent out, but as they don’t know where the Shire is, they take some time to find it.

The Main Six and Spike accompany Frodo and Sam on their journey to Bree, running into Merry and Pippin while Gandalf goes to meet Saruman.  They meet Aragon and venture to Weathertop, where they battle the Nazgul.  Frodo is injured and they race to Rivendell.  They become part of the Fellowship, though there are sprinkles of the Ring working on some of them.  The ponies are given horseshoes of Mithril.

Twilight shields the Fellowship from Saruman’s avalanche on Caradhras, so they turn back for Moria.  Sam reluctantly lets Bill the Pony return to Bree on his own.  Wandering the Mines, Rarity and Spike oodles over the vast Mithril which Gimli is proud of.  They come upon Balin’s tomb, and fight off the troll, where Rarity finds a strong shield forged from Mithril, using it to beat back the Orcs.  They run for it, encountering the Balrog: Durin’s Bane the dwarves call it.  They race across the bridge of Khazad-dum, and Gandalf stands against it, breaking the bridge and sending the demon to the depths…except its whip grabs Gandalf by the ankle and pulls him down so fast that there is little time to think.

And here is one of the controversial ideas I have: Rainbow Dash falls after Gandalf.

Here me out: Rainbow is the most brash of the Equestrians, and usually acts without thinking ahead.  She thinks it will be one and done to kill the Balrog and rescue Gandalf, but the foe is so great that she is dragged down with Gandalf to the depths of Moria.  After crashing in a giant underground lake, the doused demon of fire flees up the Endless Stairs.  The sudden loss in velocity mortally wounds Gandalf and Rainbow.  The fall would have killed her, but her immense loyalty to saving Gandalf and to her friends sends a magic surge of energy embodied in her element.  She drags Gandalf to his feet and the both of them chase the Balrog up the Endless Stair to the peak of Moria: Durin’s Tower, overlooking the Misty Mountains.

At the bridge, the chaos of what transpired sends the group frantic.  A distraught Gimli and Applejack are forcefully dragged from the onslaught of Orc arrows out of the Mines.  Applejack is held back from charging in, screaming and pleading and blaming Twilight for not acting quick enough.  Twilight is shrouded in guilt at losing one of her closest friends, and Applejack is inconsolable.

The reason why I put forth this idea is because it further demoralizes the Equestrians.  Also, because it would be too obvious for Rainbow to be the weakest against the Ring; her position being almost the same as Boromir.  And it would further entice Applejack to the Ring, showing that not even someone of Samwise Gamgee’s background is immune to the Ring.

The remainder of the Fellowship arrive in Lothlorien and meet Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel.  The Lorien elves sing a song in their language of Sindarin for Gandalf, and Applejack is furious that they would dare forget either Gandalf or Rainbow.  Not even Sam’s attempt of singing of Ganddalf’s rockets or Rainbow’s defiance helps.  She goes to find comfort with Gimli and by extension Legolas, and she bears witness to the beginnings of their solid unbreakable friendship.  This strengthens Applejack’s resolve enough to where she vows to continue for Rainbow’s sake.

Galadriel shows Frodo and Twilight her Mirror.  Twilight sees a future of dark clouds and scorched lands.  All her friends are scattered in bloodied corpses as her beloved town and country is burning in complete wreckage.  The worst of all is she sees herself bearing the Ring, as her form has become twisted mirroring that of Midnight Sparkle; yet she sees great tragedy in her face.  Her reflection won’t stop crying.  And there is Spike: large in size and intimidation.  Both figures of Midnight and Spike are snarling, and both are in immense emotional pain as if there were hidden secrets of deep regrets.

Frodo’s vision is after hers, and remains unchanged.

She asks Galadriel what this means, and she tells of cracks in the Fellowship and her very friendships.  Her moment with the Ring remains the same.

The following morning, the Lorien Elves prepare their boats and give them Lembas bread and Lorien cloaks for each member.  Galadriel gives them gifts: Legolas’ bow, Boromir’s golden belt, the Elfstone for Aragorn, daggers for Merry and Pippin, three strands of her golden hair for Gimli, Elvish rope for Sam, and the star of Earendil for Frodo.  To the Equestrians: Rarity is gifted a dress sewn from Galadriel’s own and embedded with great magic, Pinkie is gifted a calling horn hewn from the Mallorn trees that sings a song which inspires the hearts of the dour, Fluttershy is gifted a pack of special healing herbs of Galadriel’s personal garden with powers matched in prowess with Sauron’s dark powers, Applejack is gifted a nut of a Mallorn tree, Twilight is gifted a tome of old tales that tell of Middle-Earth’s history spread across many ages, and Spike is gifted a necklace with a gem from the same star-phial given to Frodo.

The Fellowship crosses down the Anduin river coming upon Amon Hen.  As Boromir goes for the Ring, the rest split up to find them.  Spike and Twilight are left alone, where Twilight’s troubled vision clashes with Spike’s growing worry and ire.  They delve into a heated argument, ending with Spike slashing his claw at Twilight’s wing, crippling her.  In complete shock, Spike runs away in fear and guilt.

For this, it is probably vague if either one or both is influenced by the Ring’s power.  To further add to this, Spike’s star gem should protect him from the Ring’s influence, but not entirely; in this scene, he would be shown not wearing it, but he would be wearing it in the subsequent films.

The rest happens as it does: Boromir is slain by the Uruk-hai defending Merry and Pippin, leading to their capture, and Frodo flees the Fellowship followed by Sam.  Applejack and Fluttershy are captured along with the hobbits, and Spike joins Frodo and Sam on his own, rescuing the gardener from the river.

Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie are left with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, and give chase to the Uruk-hai.

The first film ends the same.  However, Sauron is showing off to the Order, as almost all of its members would be drawn to Mordor’s dark and powerful presence.  Cersei’s army is stationed in Isengard with Saruman, who watches through the Palantir (seeing stone) of Orthanc, Saruman’s tower.  Sauron displays a resurrected fiend, descendent of Morgoth's creation:

Smaug the Terrible.  Perhaps with the aid of the Dark Order, they take some of Smaug’s remains and resurrect him in his form.  Sauron is careful, making expertly sure that the great dragon is fully bound to his will as his great slave.

Smaug groans, “Yes…master.”

The Two Towers (2002):

The beginning events remain the same.  Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie along with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli chase into Rohan after the Uruk-hai with the captured Merry, Pippin, Applejack, and Fluttershy.  Frodo, Sam, and Spike get lost in the Emyn Muil and force Gollum to be their guide; Sam and Spike are suspicious of his true intent.

Meanwhile, Saruman pledges his support of Isengard with that of Mordor, conjoining a union between the two towers of Orthanc and Barad-dur.  Sauron is wise to Saruman’s true intent: to take the Ring for himself and betray Sauron, but cares nothing for it.  Cersei is stationed at Isengard, who is wary of Saruman, but through the magic of his voice, he sways Cersei’s armies to his side.  Regina is not so swayed, being a sorceress herself, but goes along.  So, along with the Wildmen, the Lannister knights and Regina’s knights begin raveging the country of Rohan, pillaging villages and slaughtering many of the Rohirrim.

One night, Eomer’s party of Rohirrim riders attack the Uruk-hai party, interrupting a mutiny between themselves and the Mordor Orcs, allowing their captives to escape into Fangorn.  Aragorn’s company meets with Eomer’s, leading to the burning pile of Orcs and Uruk-hai. This perceived tragedy is further exemplified when Rarity finds Applejack’s hat skewered by an arrow.  Aragorn tracks the missing hobbits and ponies into Fangorn, where they give chase.  Inside, they run into Gandalf the White, who tells of his and Rainbow’s fight with the Balrog, and of meeting Manwe, the Valar that sent him to Middle-Earth.

Manwe sent Gandalf back, and praised Rainbow’s strength in her element of harmony, but warned her that such a great moment had exhausted herself as a bearer.  To save her life, the Element of Loyalty gave Rainbow up as a bearer.

In the present moment, Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, Merry and Pippin have gone with Treebeard to the council of Ents.  Twilight is erratic in demanding proof, only to get the sounds of loud lovemaking in the distance, much to her displeasure as an answer.  They meet Shadowfax, lord of the horses, who speaks directly to Twilight; Aragorn translates as she cannot understand his language.

“You have the strength of the Daughter-of-the-Sun, the wisdom of the Daughter-of-the-Moon, and the will of the Daughter-of-the-Heart.  You are the Daughter-of-Harmony.  I wish you great speed across the Great Plains of the universe and beyond.”

There should honestly be a running joke in other movies that make allegories to the Equestrian princesses in their own creative ways.

They follow Gandalf, astride Shadowfax, to Edoras, capital of Rohan to save Theoden.  They are too late to save his son, Theodred, who is laid to rest; this event weighs heavily on Theoden greatly in the days to come.

It takes the combined strengths of Gandalf and Twilight to purge Saruman from Theoden’s mind.  Afterwhich, Grima Wormtongue is banished from Rohan, who seeks refuge in Isengard.  Theoden is in grief, doubting his strength as king; here Twilight offers comfort, remembering her guilt over Spike.  Aragorn listens, offering what he can likewise.

Because of the combined threats of Saruman’s Uruk-hai and Cersei’s Lannister knights and Regina’s Black knights, Theoden orders the citizens to evacuate to the fortress of Hornberg at Helm’s Deep for refuge.  His niece Eowyn is reluctant, wanting to fight, but Theoden urges her to lead their people.

Aragorn’s company travels with them, but Gandalf rides to find Eomer and muster the scattered Rohirrim across the land.  Along the way, the refugees are attacked by Orcs riding Wargs along with Lannister and Black knights, among many other minions of the Dark Order and Mordor.  In the chaos, Aragorn falls off a cliff.  Twilight is haunted by the Bridge of Khazad-dum, and dives after Aragorn, saving him just in time.  They return to the defeated raiders, where two knights—a Lannister and Black—are captured and set free, with a warning to their queens.  The knights in turn warn the Rohirrim that their queens will retaliate their refuge.

The refugees arrive in Helm’s Deep and immediately begin fortifying their defenses, preparing for a large-scale battle ahead.

Elsewhere, Gollum leads Frodo, Sam, and Spike across the Dead Marshes and to and away from the Black Gate.  They witness an army of Haradrim be attacked, and then the three—minus Gollum—are captured by Faramir.  The story beats with Faramir remained unchanged, though Sam starts to notice the toll the Ring is taking on Frodo, and subsequently Spike’s guilt-ridden mind.  The dragon is reminiscing on the painful steps in his and Twilight’s relationship, blaming himself for the rift that is driving between them.

Spike has not told any of the others, but being so close to the Ring, even during the first movie, has been causing him nightmares.  In which, he hears a shrill but discordant hissing voice that says:

“Little dragon lost: come find me.  Come find me and you be where you truly belong.  You will serve whom you were always meant to serve.  The host of Mordor will grant your true purpose.”

These become more and more vivid the more the journey to Mordor goes on.

This is based upon earlier stories of the First Age of Middle-Earth.  The dark lord Morgoth, the one Sauron serves, was essentially the “Fallen Angel” of the world and created all the fell and evil creatures that dwelt in the darkness, including the dragons.  The likes of Smaug, Glaurung, and the greatest of them all: Ancalagon the Black, who was so great that when he fell his large body crushed the mountain ranges of Morgoth’s keep.  After Morgoth was finally defeated and cast into the Eternal Void, Sauron took up the mantle of Dark Lord.

Sensing Spike’s presence, Sauron and the Nazgul would tempt Spike: that all dragons are meant to serve the Dark Lord of Mordor.

After the Ents decide not to intervene in the War, Pippin tricks Treebeard into going closer to Isengard, who sees for himself the destruction wrought by Saruman.  Enraged, he calls the Ents to march on Isengard, which has been emptied of its armies which marches on Helm’s Deep.  Saruman, Grima, Cersei, and Regina are trapped in Orthanc, powerless against the vengeful onslaught of the Ents.

Getting an idea, Applejack has Rainbow fly her to the dam.  It is here that, like Rainbow, has her moment of “coming into her element”, and using her very strength breaks forth the dam, and the pits of Isengard are completely flooded, washing away Saruman’s foul machinations.

At Helm’s Deep, Haldir’s forces of Rivendell and Lorien elves arrive as aid.  The battle goes relatively as seen.  As the battle goes against them, Twilight likewise is racked with guilt of the growing separation in her relationship with Spike, citing Galadriel’s vision as coming to pass.  With an injured wing and in a terrible state of mind, Twilight is essentially powerless.  She blames herself for Spike’s suffering, and comes very close to renouncing her status as princess of friendship.  Rarity likewise blames herself, wishing she could have treated him better.  As does Pinkie, regretting that she was there for Spike to cheer him up when he so truly needed some laughter.

When it comes to the last wire, as Theoden’s people are all cornered in the refuge of the Glittering Caves—where Helm’s Deep is located—Pinkie has her “coming unto her element” moment.  In place of Gimli sounding the horn, Pinkie sounds out the horn that was her gift from Galadriel, which coupled with Aragorn’s will, rouses valor within the remaining forces of the elves and refugees.  They send out a last ditch effort to ward off the forces of Isengard, just in time for Gandalf, Eomer, and the Rohirrim to arrive with the rising sun, driving the forces into the newly emerged forest—only to be torn apart from the angered Ents in disguise.

Meanwhile, Faramir takes his company and captives to Osgiliath.  Sam tells Faramir of the danger of the Ring, and the toll it took on his fallen brother, Boromir.  At that moment, an army of Orcs led by Nazgul mounted on winged-fell beasts.  Spike breaks free of his bonds and fights off the Orcs, lessening the casualties among the Gondorians, as well as severely weakening a Nazgul, not before being taunted with words from his nightmares.  Luckily, Sam saves the dragon in time, giving Spike the resolve to drive the Nazgul back.  They also save Frodo from another Nazgul.

Here, Sam gives his important monologue the stories that really matter.  It strikes a cord within Spike’s heart, who remembers the adventures he and his friends had in Equestria, recognizing moments like the one he is in now.  Faramir is also moved, who lets them, and Gollum, on their way.

In the aftermath of the Siege of Isengard, Merry and Pippin enjoy a meal of good food and the finest Westfarthing Pipeweed.  Fluttershy engages in conversations with Treebeard and the Ents, who name the ponies “Entwives-in-honor”.  Applejack and Rainbow are in their own little pocket, discussing their relationship and stumbling over difficult conversations.  Both are worried about no longer being bearers, but are also hopeful at the same time.

Outside Osgiliath, Sam and Spike talk of how this great adventure will be remembered, and Frodo being such a great hero.  Frodo laughs, remarking that their story is missing Samwise the Brave and Spike the Mighty.  Alone in a forest, the three are ever so grateful to have each other as friends.  None of them overhear Gollum’s plans of treachery, who leads them on without much fuss.

The Battle of Helm’s Deep is won and the Enemy’s forces are severely crippled.  Now there is only the might of Barad-dur to contend with.  Sauron is not finished, vowing to win this war and take back his Ring.  Overconfident, he sends Smaug as the only guard of Mount Doom, but only reluctantly at the behest of the Dark Order.

Sauron cannot fathom that any creature alive would choose not to wield the Ring for their own selfish desires.  Not once does the idea of someone taking the One Ring to be destroyed ever crosses his mind.

The Return of the King (2003):

The beginning remains the same.  Nothing much different on Spike’s end of the adventure.

It picks up with Aragorn’s Company, Gandalf, Theoden and Eomer reuniting with Merry, Pippin, Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow.  Here, Rarity returns Applejack’s battered hat, who is beyond grateful.  The Ents now guard Isengard, with Saruman as prisoner.  

Regina, using her magic, persuaded the Ents to let herself and Cersei go free.  Influenced by the power of Sauron, they both seek to rejoin the Dark Order in Mordor…if they don’t kill each other with their armies first.

Gandalf warns the company of the power in Saruman’s voice.  High atop Orthanc, Saruman converses and taunts the company down below.  This plays out as it does in the extended edition.  To the ponies, he taunts their weak bodies.  Particularly Twilight.

“It was foolish of your creator to imbed such powerful magic in a frail body with frail beliefs.  What hope have you as prey of more powerful beings—why your dragon-slave never smited you when he had the chance is beyond me.”

The Equestrians contest Saruman, who smirks with delight, until Gandalf calms them down.  Saruman then smacks Grima, who snaps, killing Saruman sending his body plummeting to a spiked water wheel at the very base of the flooded keep.  Grima is killed by an arrow from Legolas.

Pippin takes the Palantir Saruman dropped from his sleeve when he died, and Gandalf hastily takes it from him.

The company returns to Edoras, where Theoden hosts a grand feast in the great hall.  There is much partying, singing and dancing on the part of Merry and Pippin—and Pinkie, and Rainbow challenges Gimli and Legolas to a drinking contest.  All three are equally matched; Gimli falls first, Legolas falls second, and Rainbow cheers—before passing out.

That night, Pippin looks in the Palantir, arousing Sauron.  Twilight takes the Stone from him, almost collapsing under the weight of mental agony from Sauron’s might; neither give away Frodo’s journey.  Gandalf takes Pippin to Minas Tirith, with Twilight in tow with Rarity and Fluttershy.

In the White City, the story remains the same.  Pippin and Fluttershy, in gratitude for Boromir’s sacrifice, pledge their service to his father, Lord Denethor.  Rarity pleasures Denethor’s rule, though Twilight is put off by his demeanor.  Gandalf warns Denethor of Mordor’s forces arriving to attack and suggests calling for aid; Denethor does not listen to this council, refusing Rohan’s aid.

With the help of Rarity distracting the guards, Pippin is able to light beacons calling for Rohan’s aid.

In Rohan, the Rohirrim are mustered by the call.  Theoden calls for aid from the villages all over the country, who make camp high above Gondor.  Merry and the ponies left in Rohan go with the armies.  They are outnumbered, and make camp preparing to join the battle in three days’ time.  Elrond gives the reforged Anduril to Aragorn, who ventures into the Paths of the Dead with Legolas and Gimli.  The ponies accompany them; those not in Gondor, leaving the entire first two-thirds of the Battle in Pelennor Fields entirely in the hands of Gondor and Rohan.

Faramir, thanks to Gandalf banishing the Nazgul with his light amidst the dark cloud from Mordor, returns to Minas Tirith, commenting on meeting Frodo, Sam and Spike, of which the company in Gondor is entirely ecstatic.  Denethor is not, rebuking his retreating and further grieving Boromir.  Taking pity on Faramir, Fluttershy and Rarity spend much time in his company, offering consolation over Boromir’s death and Denethor’s anguish.  Twilight is further conflicted, doubting her strength and will to take up rulership of all of Equestria, further worrying for Spike’s safety.

Gollum leads Frodo’s party to Cirith Ungol, city of the Witch-King, and up the stairs.  Gollum further tricks Frodo, sending Sam and Spike away.  They return in time, the former weidling Sting and the latter Galadriel’s phial, driving back Shelob.  Believing Frodo to be dead, Spike ascertains they need to continue with the Ring.  Sam is reluctant, saying it was Frodo’s burden only, out of respect but agrees.  Spike is afraid, so Sam takes it to relieve his friend.  Orcs come to take Frodo’s alive but unconscious body to Minas Morgul.

The duo go after Frodo, with Sam using the Ring just once to keep hidden when Smaug comes around on the prowl.  Spikes hides, praying that he is not found.  Thankfully, Smaug moves on.  Unbeknownst to Spike, the Ring works its magic on Sam.

The Ring shows Sam a vision: Samwise the Brave, wielding the Ring leads armies of burning torches to Barad-dur, taking the desolate for himself and turning it into a vast land of thriving grass and bright blooming flowers as far as the eye could see.  The love and worry for his friend Frodo dissuaded Sam from this, and believing the best garden was one he would till and tend with his bare hands himself.

The duo attack the tower, caught in a mutiny between Mordor Orcs, Uruk-hai remnants, and various minions of the Dark Order, they rescue Frodo.  They disguise themselves and further traverse into Mordor itself.

In Gondor, Denethor sends Faramir on a suicide mission to Osgiliath.  Against the refusals of the ponies, Faramir agrees to the mission.  While Pippin sings a song as Denethor feasts, trying to push back his fear for Faramir’s safety.  Remnants of the party return with a wounded Faramir.  Denethor cries in agony, finally breaking.  Seeing the army of Mordor, he gives in; shouting in defeat.  Gandalf and Twilight rally the Gondorians, mounting a defensive against Mordor.

In the chaos of the beginning of the battle, the ponies and Pippin become separated.  Twilight uses her magic to push back the larger forces of Orcs and Trolls, as well as minions of the Dark Order.  Fluttershy is completely overwhelmed, trying to keep close to Pippin at all times.  Against Pippin’s cries, Denethor releases him from his service, intending on burning himself and Faramir alive.  They meet each other and run into Gandalf and Rarity, informing them.

All four race to reach the tower in time, only to be blocked by the Witch-king.  Here is where Rarity will have her “coming unto her element” moment.  Using her combined strength of magic and her Mithril shield, she creates a powerful shield protecting Gandalf, Pippin and Fluttershy from the ravage of the Witch-king.  She urges them to run, as Gandalf and Pippin upon Shadowfax do.  The Witch-king slashes her shield thrice, each one severely weakening the unicorn’s strength.  At the fourth swing, he comes the very closest to breaking it, as noted with Rarity passing out, with Fluttershy standing protectively over her.  It’s at this moment the horn of Rohan sounds over the horizon, and the Witch-king leaves to meet the charging Rohirrim.

Fluttershy carries her passed out friend through the volleys of the battle, reaching the tower just in time to leap forward onto the pyre, rescuing Faramir.  Denethor is rageful, and burning alive.  Here Fluttershy has her “coming unto her element” moment, putting out the raging fires on Denethor’s robes and skin.  He has a moment of reprieve at the pegasus, but is too far gone.  He takes out his palantir, with which he looked into for years as Sauron continuously displayed Mordor’s strongest forces.  Denethor throws his palantir onto the ground and runs out onto the precipice, screaming in perpetual agony—not on fire, mind you—and plummets off the edge.

The battle is won, thanks to the aid of Aragorn’s company and the Dead Army.  Maybe have Joseph Seed’s armies be sent to meet the Corsair ships, and slain on masses by the Dead Army; have some scream for the Lord Almighty.  Theoden is slain, Denethor is dead as are many, and Eowyn, Rarity, Faramir, and Merry are all gravely injured.  Thanks to Galadriel’s gift, Fluttershy aids Aragorn in healing all the wounded of the battle.

Reunited, Aragorn pledges to become king should the war end in their favor.

Frodo, Sam, and Spike lose their disguises as they have reached the very slopes of Mount Doom itself.  Having carried the Ring for so long, it has grown so heavy to carry and resist that Frodo’s strength is completely sapped.  Spike lags behind, with Sam carrying Frodo himself up the slopes nearing the entry to the Cracks of Doom itself.  Here, Smaug appears, snarling at Spike’s presence.  The great drake, in his time lulling on his own, believes that Spike has come bearing the Ring to take to Sauron and replace himself—the Ring is on overdrive right now.  While this is happening, Sam tackles Gollum as Frodo rushes into the Cracks.

In Gondor, a plan is devised.  The last strength of their armies will march on the Black Gate, challenging Sauron as a distraction in hopes that Frodo will reach Mount Doom in time.  They cannot know if they made it close or not.  Twilight is especially doubtful, and here Aragorn gives the same wisdom she gave Theoden and himself back in Edoras.  She retains her strength in Spike and the hobbits, choosing to fight alongside the King.  The last of the Fellowship agrees to follow as well, despite their sapped strength.  Aragorn challenges Sauron through the Palantir (pick which) displaying the reforged sword Anduril, which scares Sauron.

The army marches to the Black Gate, with Sauron mustering the greatest strength that Mordor could offer.  Falsely believing that Aragorn now had the Ring, it was further cemented when he approached with a comically small army.  The Mouth of Sauron emerges, taunting the army with Frodo’s Mithril shirt, but Aragorn does not give in.  The Gate opens to reveal the most massive army of Orcs, Trolls, and other minions of the Dark Order and Mordor, completely surrounding the last standing army of the west with no hope of retreat.

The ponies see faces and symbols on the minions of enemies they had faced before.  Aragorn leads the charge, followed by Merry and Pippin, and the entire army after them.  Eventually, the great Eagles arrive to assist in the fighting.  With the Eye of Sauron fully fixated on the army, he was blind to the very danger behind him.

With Spike wearily beating back Smaug and Gollum, Sam enters the Cracks, urging Frodo to let the Ring go.  Having come so far after bearing for so long, Frodo’s resolve is destroyed: he claims the Ring.

In an instant, Sauron feels its presence in Mount Doom and becomes stricken with fear unsound that he had never felt before.  The Nazgul race to Mount Doom but it’s too late.  Spike enters the Cracks, seeing Gollum biting Frodo’s finger off to take the Ring.  Either for Frodo’s well-being or want for the Ring, Spike trundles forward in time for Frodo and Gollum to struggle and both tumble off the edge.  He falls off too, his wings having been injured by Smaug, holding onto the ledge.

Gollum falls into the lava, burning alive.  The Ring remains afloat, at least until Sam’s pleas get to Frodo.  As the Ring melts, Spike feels a sudden surge of strength: his wings heal, growing in span with the very size and build of his body.  As the volcano erupts and crumbles, he grabs both hobbits and flies like crazy.  Smaug is in pursuit, intent on ending the dragon’s life.

With the Ring’s destruction, Barad-dur and the Black Gate crumble into the earth and the armies flee for their lives, scattering into insignificant forces across Middle-Earth, never to be a threat ever again.  Twilight looks into the crumbling Mordor, and sees Spike racing away from Smaug, though not holding very well.  Ignoring the sharp pains in her body, she races into Mordor.

A sudden urge of magic surges through her body: from the tips of her hooves, the crown of her horn and the feathers in her wings.  She grows in size, possessing immense power, healing all her injuries.  She surges upwards, confronting Smaug.  She offers him mercy, but he declines; she has no choice but to smite him.  Twilight does not finish.  Using her newfound magic, she expels the dark clouds that hung over Mordor, allowing the Sun to shine down upon the land, and for wondrous plants of flowers and grass to populate the once barren ash-ridden wasteland.

Twilight and Spike have been physically changed by their adventure, now appearing (almost) as they do in the episode: “The Final Problem”.

The rest of the movie plays the same: Aragorn is crowned King of Gondor and marries Arwen.  On the journey home, the Equestrians, hobbits, and Gandalf say goodbye to Legolas and Gimli.  They venture off on their own, forever bonded in a friendship that would last the ages, defying the notions of their ancestors and ending the long standing rivalry of their races.

At Bree, the hobbits say goodbye to Gandalf and the Equestrians.  The latter of whom leave Middle-Earth without having to see the Shire again.  Though, Applejack gives Sam her gift of the Mallorn nut, saying she has enough trees at home.  The Equestrians return home, depressed at no longer being the bearers of the elements; especially in the growing strength of the Dark Order ahead of the Series Finale.  Twilight and Spike finalize their bond for all times.

They are, however, powerless to watch the true finale play out for our intrepid hobbits.

And here is another controversial proposal of mine: the Hobbits return to the Shire, only to find it scoured and enslaved by Cersei’s Lannister knights.  Regina got wise, and fled Middle-Earth with the rest of the Dark Order when things turned south for them, but Cersei’s ire for the hobbits became so great, and influenced by Sauron’s dark magic after his death, that she defied the Order and seized the Shire.

It’s perfectly understandable why most adaptations exclude “The Scouring of the Shire”: not exactly a satisfying climax after the terror on Mount Doom for most folk.  At the same time, Tolkien included this as a climax for the hobbits, who come home with their hard-earned new skills to finally save their home they left to save in the first place.  To save the world meant they had to save the Shire.  Originally, Saruman was spared in Orthanc, and used his voice to let the Ents set him free.  He then headed to the Shire with armies of Wildmen, raising it to the ground and industrializing the place, enslaving the hobbits.  Frodo and the others rallied the hobbits, beating them back and surrounding Saruman, whom he spared.  It is here where Grima officially killed Saruman.

In this pitch, the hobbits still rally the other hobbits, pushing back against the Lannister knights, imprisoning those that are not killed.  Eventually, they are led back to Cersei’s headquarters at Bag End.  She simply cannot fathom that such little creatures are the heroes to defeat Sauron; Frodo shows his missing finger as proof, stating that without the strength of his friends he would not have made it.  With no soldiers and allies, Frodo pities her and spares her life.  Enraged, she charges at the hobbit, only to be slain on the spot—either from an arrow from Merry or Sam’s sword protecting Frodo one last time.

I don’t know much of Game of Thrones, but from what I have seen of Cersei so far is that she appears to be haughty of her family name, envious of those more beautiful and powerful than her, and incredibly vengeful against those she holds massive grudges against.  I find it fitting that she would meet her end at the hands of the hobbits: the lowliest creatures that somehow destroyed the greatest evil that was Sauron.

And so, the movie ends the same way it does.  Using Applejack’s Mallorn nut gifted from Galadriel, Sam begins the long arduous process of replanting the Shire, in which marries Rosie Cottonwood and starts a family with her.  Frodo writes his story of his own adventure but grows restless thanks to the wound of the Witch-king resurfacing annually.  He soon sails to the undying lands with the last of the Elves—those that choose to leave—Gandalf, and Bilbo, now officially becoming the oldest living hobbit ever.

Sam returns home to his family, Frodo’s book in hand to write his own stories.

“Well,” he sighed, “I’m back.”

Conclusion:

Overall, should this trilogy be set to be included in the series it would be a massive undertaking.  The ideas that I have put forth with this pitch are definitely bold, and I am expecting some sort of stirring.  This is merely a cavalcade of suggestions, and liable to criticism.

At the end of the day, it’s not my call for this trilogy to be included in the series.  This pitch I put forth may not be used verbatim if it is.  And all of that: is okay.

Like I said before, I think the Equestrians would fit in perfectly with this world’s characters, locations, and especially themes.  For some, it is very clear there are Christian elements, which is not for some people.  Tolkien was masterful in implementing his own life experiences and beliefs in his stories of Middle-Earth; he himself did not like allegories, which speaks volumes about how deeply he valued beliefs of Roman Catholicism.  There are elements of that especially in The Silmarillion.  His years in the trenches of WWI also surface across Middle-Earth, especially in Sam and the loss of the Entwives.

At the root of this grand story is how the strength of the friendship between a hobbit and his faithful gardener destroyed the greatest evil of the world.  The Equestrians fit right into such a story.

Holy hell, this took me two whole afternoons and evenings to complete.  Feel free to share other ideas you guys have for this potential project.

What if you included lines and elements from Insomniac Spider Man 2 into Sam Rami’s Spider Man 3?

That'd be a cool way of doing it. Maybe include first and Miles Morales.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I had often wondered if the subject of 'The Last Unicorn' would ever come up again. Because it's been one of the best ideas for the series that has not yet been considered to be included for the series and we have so much great material for it. And this just happens to be one of them. Keep up with the concept work. I truly believe we have something special with this one.

Comment posted by Mariobrosfan8000 deleted Dec 18th, 2023

Imagine that teaser trailer was included in the movie

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah well... we could've had those towers standing in our city still and all those lives would not have been lost. But then it happened. A plane was hijacked, and that day many lives were ruined. It wasn't just about the buildings; it was about all those people who were involved when they fell. Even when some were able to escape, they were never the same afterwards.

What has this world been coming too?……

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Honestly?

I've given up trying to understand people a long time ago. In the thirty years of living, I've learned that humans are complicated, that they aren't black and white. While I have met and gotten to know some nice people both online and in real life, there are folks who are... not so nice. And that's being very polite. Now I'm no bowl of perfection myself, I've made some mistakes that I admit I'll take part of the blame for. Looking back, do I like the way I've responded to problems? No, but that all accounts to my own frustrations. At this point in my life, growing up means considering what I am willing to do to be a better person. I'm not going to be able to make amends with 'everyone', but at the very least I am putting in the effort to admit when I'm wrong about a few things... even if what was the center of the issue wasn't entirely of my own doing. All I need to know is that I'm not the only one taking responsibility for certain measures.

But again, that's the world for you. Most of us are just lucky to have just 'one' more day to live.

I ask myself that every day, makes me wish I was in a place like the Wonderful World Of Disney.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Wow... this is so much to process. But fortunately, I can make some time.

Sir, that was bold and rich with truth. Something that should be said by one of the characters in the series finales of Hazbin and Helluva.
Amend.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I would be honored if my paragraph was actually used for the cast of 'any' of these shows. Would it be the greatest monologue they've ever told? Would anyone from the show even see this post? Maybe, maybe not. For me, it's all based on the experience I've had growing up. As a young man who had a mostly sheltered life away from most of the trials and tribulations of mankind and the mistakes they've made, after I started attending public classes rather than attending with students most associated to my condition, this introduction to the variety of personalities has taught me that everyone has their way of deciphering what's right and wrong, how they choose to behave in public, and it teaches me that not 'everyone' thinks the same. I may not always agree with everyone's viewpoints, and the same applies as to how not 'everyone' agrees with what I have to say, but that doesn't mean we're 'terrible' people who can't find common ground. Sometimes, the lives we've lived have been met with... 'complications' that it's difficult to recognize we have more in common than we imagined.

Truer words have never been said…

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, but unless you decide to work there twenty-four seven or be willing to attend that university Disney has to assemble new employees...

Even Disney has its limits of enjoyment. It's fun for a brief visit but being there all the time...

Unless you're referring to a 'literal' Disney world made of every known Disney product animation and live... you can't ignore even their movies made clear not everything is sunshine and rainbows. A Queen literally demanded a man to kill her own stepdaughter and bring her the girl's heart as 'proof' of her death.

I know that Phantom's been talking in his quote suggestions that the whole Mane 6 get petrified along with Hermione, but I think that would be kinda overkill a bit. Plus, it feels like they're being completely sidelined this way. I get that the Harry Potter stories focus on the Young 6 more, but the Mane 6 are still involved in some form. My idea would be to have just Twilight be petrified. It would give not only the rest of the Mane 6 a reason to solve the case, but it would also be good emotional baggage for both Sunset and Spike alive too.

I actually was talking about the second one. And even if things do go wrong, they eventually fix things because it's Disney, they always have some happy ending in their movies... even if some death and destruction was caused by the villains.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I don't know about 'always' having a Happy Ending. If you recall with some of the shorts during the Package film run, not 'all' of them end 'happily'. But at the very least there's still a sliver of hope.

Spider-Man: Tobey Maguire

Spider-Man and The Spider Equestrians

What if, so that the girls can keep up with Peter, Twilight casts a spell on herself and the other equestrians that replicates Spider Man’s abilities?
So that Peter won’t be alone or the only Spider in the city?
Taken inspiration from the cloud walking spell from “Sonic Rainboom” and Spinnert [Mary Jane of the Renew Your Vows Comics]

We already got more then enough ideas for the suits that cheerful09 could work with:

I'm not too sure if that will be the case in adapting the Sam Rami trilogy. Perhaps the girls and Spike might do what they did in "CA: Batman Begins", and become the Power Ponies. In my opinion, the idea of them having the same powers as Peter might be more appropriate for an adaptation of the "Spider-Verse" movies, if the series goes in that direction. That's just my opinion though.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In all likelihood, that's the most direct procedure we're bound to do in regard to the series. It's not to say that the proposed idea is never going to be a reality, but we'd really have to think about it before we jump into anything. We don't even know if we're doing the Spider-Verse movies, despite them being popular in the media. Again, this is going to take much to think about.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Need to keep track of this idea for the latest Cinematic Adventure.

Thanks to Caine, from the Amazing Digital Circus, the Harry Potter Cinematic Adventures finales are going to be crowded than ever before, with guest-stars appearing in the commentaries.

We've got:

1. Your usual casts from the Digital Circus: Bubble, Gangle and Zooble and Kinger too! Ragatha, Jax, and Pomni.
  2. Scooby-Doo and Shaggy with the students from Ghoul School
  3. Ever After High
  4. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, and other casts of Looney Tunes
  5. Loona (still running away from home)

More to add soon...

• Viewing 1,051 - 1,100 of 1,148