Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 1148 )
  • Viewing 951 - 1,000 of 1,148

It’s revealed that the Benefactor wants Pinkie Pie’s ability to break the fourth wall because she’s a Nexus Being.

So, I have a question about that ONE SCENE involving Rainbow Dash and Applejack in the Grinch story, could that be made into something of a running gag?

I mean, if you think that it shouldn't even be a thing, I understand. I do tend to come up with dumb ideas sometimes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A little too far-fetched even for our taste. But fortunately for you, that's not the worst idea I've heard today.

Since the only film that I can think of that's relevant to this topic is Ghostbusters, I'll count it for the film:

Ghostbusters
While helping Egon develop the Proton Packs, Twilight makes a horrifying discovery: nuclear energy is much to powerful and unstable to be handled or controlled by magic.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well sure it would be unstable to control even with magic. You know how many people get sick due to prolong exposure to radiation. And yet, there are certain jobs where they have no choice but to take those risks just to provide us with the materials we need. If you think that's bad, imagine those people who spend those days working those salt fields. How do you think we get our salt?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Steven Spielberg movies
For more potential Animaniacs guest-star

Indiana Jones

And the rest of the Jurassic Park franchise, including World.

This guy’s a Cinematic Legend for a good reason.

He never even went to filmmaking school and yet he’s still one of the living legends who revolutionized cinema history!

Goddamn impressive for the guy who invented the modern blockbuster; Jaws was the first, right before Star Wars.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

How about Indiana Jones? I like Indiana Jones. Derring Do will have a blast bonding with Jones, fighting bad guys, recovering long lost treasures, and beating the Nazis. Pinky and the Brain and the Nazis both share the same goal to take over the world.

Pinky and the Brain and the Nazis? Are you out of your mind?
Granted these are Nazis of Indiana Jones so the comedy matches up; anywhere else...not at all.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some of these movies are among my favorites, Steven Spielberg knows how to tell some of his stories. Granted, I've never seen 'Close Encounters' so I might have to consider if and when I decide to do so before I feel confident on it being a worthy candidate as I already made my decision on the others based on seeing these films so many times. Otherwise, these movies do indeed represent what it means to be 'Cinematic'. I'm certain we can find a place for either of these movies.

I'm going through Spielberg's library of films he directed this year, looking at the ones I've yet to see.

The ones I saw so far are these films...

What other movies directed by Steven have you yet to see?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You really think I have 'that much' time to talk about EVERY Spielberg movie that I have seen or not seen?

This much I can tell you... I've seen two of those movies on this list. Okay?

Alright then, just thought I'd ask.

I enjoy Spielberg's work and I thought I'd see the ones I've yet to see. Course, I still have more to go and experience for the first time, as I've heard good things about a lot of them.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Granted, not 'every' Spielberg movie is a classic. He's had his share of films that weren't highly received. But the ones commended with such high honors, that goes to demonstrate how big of a man he is in filmography. And to point out from another user, for someone who hardly went to school to learn the art of filming... he's proven to be tremendously impressive no matter what genre he chooses to cover.

And I can't wait to see what he does next.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

So long as Spielberg is still around to do movies, there'll be plenty of stories still to come. Who knows? Perhaps the projects he initially cancelled before, he'll get around to covering them soon.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I wonder if we might cover Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One?

It could be a callback to the Animaniac episode in the reboot where they went into a video game.

I really enjoyed “Ready Player One?”

Definitely would be a fun one if it ever gets covered for this series

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I've never seen that movie in its entirety, but that would make for quite a cinematic experience. Almost makes me wonder how the ponies and Spike would look if they weren't featured already. And who knows? Maybe it would inspire me to actually watch the movie from start to finish regardless of what I've heard.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I remember sharing a concept with cheerful9, on a new thread for Sunset Shimmer in the Cinematic Adventure.

A part of her new look for her comeback is that Sunset Shimmer now wears a visor. The idea comes from the VR headsets some gamers would wear, when playing Beat Saber.

In a way, this reminds us that Sunset Shimmer is a hardcore gamer (seconds only to Button Mash and Fluttershy. Sorry) and in a karmic humorous manner…

…this prevents Sunset Shimmer from being “blinded” or mislead by what she sees in front of her, but encourages her to stretch out her other feelings and instead “see” music.

As part of her new fighting style, she can swing her lightsabers, while dancing.

VR headset needs designing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way, it's almost like how that Demon Slayer kid was trained to see the 'strings' surrounding a demon to indicate where he can 'cut' to essentially 'slay' the enemy. It's not always that simple, but the concept is near similar.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This may be morbid…but it feels so good…

Tempest Shadow’s new horn

Tempest Shadow was fuming that Queen Chrysalis got away, when she noticed Grubber having a rather amused grin on his face.

“What’re you smiling about?” Tempest asked. “That bug got away!”

“Not all of her!” Grubber laughed, producing the changeling’s horn that was torn off. “Happy birthday, Tempest!”

I…sorta wanted to cut off Chrysalis’s horn awhile back, during the Batman Cinematic Adventure…as a present…a wand…for Carrie White.

But I forgot…

Still, can you imagine? Breaking Queen Chrysalis’s horn off? Then fashion it into a wand at Ollivander’s? It’d be one badass wand since the Elder Wand!

Let's also hope it would be purged of Chrysalis' magic, otherwise it could corrupt the user like the Alicorn Amulet does to its wearer

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh yeah. I forgot one of those side effects.

Speaking of which, you think the writers could’ve at least had the decency of writing an origin story about how the Alicorn Amulet would come to be.

They’ve had all the time and resources of explaining where the Elements of Harmony came from, how the Tree of Harmony was made, but not the Alicorn Amulet?

Guess they felt it wasn't worth coming up with something and decided to leave it to the fans to figure out their own story behind it. Or let those at IDW comic thing of an origin since they seem to do certain things the cartoon never did

My Little Pony: Cinematic Adventures: Scrooged (1988)

Frank Cross hired Spoiled Milk & Filthy Rich

Before The Mane Six arrived, Spoiled Milk & Filthy Rich unknowingly found the magical TV and teleported themselves in New York City where he met IBC Television executive Frank Cross, Frank hired them without asking them, but they don't care... well, Filthy Rich cares a little bit. As Frank explains that the company is trying to broadcast an extravagant live production of A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve, making the staff work throughout the holiday. Smiling deviously, Spoiled Rich accepts the idea; Because that means she'll take charge of the other workers, as for Filthy Rich is looking at her wife nervously said to himself... "I don't like where this is going."; Because It's gonna repeat the same history from Cakes Incident.
*See "Cinematic Adventures: Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory"*

Morbid? Yes.
Do I care? Hell no, this is awesome!

Tempest Shadow’s new horn

Tempest Shadow was fuming that Queen Chrysalis got away, when she noticed Grubber having a rather amused grin on his face.

“What’re you smiling about?” Tempest asked. “That bug got away!”

“Not all of her!” Grubber laughed, producing the changeling’s horn that was torn off. “Happy birthday, Tempest!”

HOLY SMOKES!!!!

Morbid? Yes.
Do I care? Hell no, this is awesome!

You're darn right!!! :pinkiehappy:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That would be some pretty nasty magic if that would be the case. Who knows how unpredictable changeling magic is even with just a fraction to work off?

Imagine If Gilda comes to The Mane Six's Adventures, Gilda teaches Fluttershy how to be like Her and they sing a song like this:

John Wick: Dan: “TARAAASOOOV….MAAAAAAFFFIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

John Wick 2: Dan: “SANTIIINOOOO….D’ANTOOOONIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

John Wick 3: Dan: “BOWEREEEEEY…KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!”

John Wick 4: Dan: “HIIIIIIIIGH TABLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Crappy 3D animation aside, I would imagine this being a song that Gilda would do.

Comment posted by Justin Mershimer deleted Jun 17th, 2023

In the upcoming Super Mario Bros. Movie, do you think maybe the Mane 6, Spike and Button Mash would use some power-ups that were not seen in the movie?

Examples....

• Bee Mushroom
  • Boomerang Flower
  • Cape Feather
  • Cloud Flower
  • Double Cherry
  • Frog Suit
  • Mega Mushroom
  • Power Balloon
  • Propeller Mushroom
  • Rock Mushroom
  • Spring Mushroom
  • Super Acorn

One of these might even inspire a new running gag throughout the whole series or something!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If that isn't the strangest looking horn I have ever seen, I'm not going to know what is.

Scenarios for Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken

Skystar bonds with Ruby Gillman and wishes to make her mom Queen Novo proud, while Fluttershy and Ruby share the same quest for finding inner confidence and bravery. Meanwhile, Queen Novo helps Queen Grandmamah defend the seas from the evil mermaid, along with trying to convince Ruby's mother to be more lenient with her own daughter.

Twilight doesn't trust Chelsea, feeling suspicious about the mermaid, while the rest of the Mane Six are falling for the 'misunderstood teenager' trick.

And maybe we learn more about who Skystar's father is (or was), and maybe why Skystar is so different from Queen Novo.

Skystar rambling on with Ruby about they could have so much fun engaging in activities based on seashells. :rainbowlaugh:

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hmmm…

Let’s see…

Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss Guest-Stars in the extra cuts (so far)

1. The Greatest Showman — Charlie Morningstar
  2. Batman Begins — I.M.P

I want Beezlebub to guest-star in a later Cinematic Adventure, because I can definitely see her and Pinkie Pie (and Sonata) hitting it off.

They like to party. Nuff said.

Yo, I’ll be down seeing Bee making a guest star appearance in extra cuts.

And, I definitely see her,Pinkie and Sonata having a wonderful time together

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I can see a bit of potential. I don't know if we're 'ever' going to do this movie, but we need to know how successful it is this week before we make any decisions. I really don't know about Chelsea being the villain (Even if it is inevitable), I feel like there's just something off about this whole Kraken vs. Mermaid ordeal. But it's Dreamworks, I don't think even they can pull a fast one when it's pretty obvious what they want with this movie... the only reason they really did this is because it feels like they're making this movie out of petty due to Disney's success with The Little Mermaid franchise. But... the only thing that I could be wrong about is how this movie could be better than I'm making it out to be even if some elements feel 'familiar' like I 'know' what is going to happen for obvious reasons.

She's definitely not a stuck-up character like that one Hellhound who's clearly doing the whole 'Mean Girls/Heathers' vibe... I hate those characters. But Beelzebub, she's pretty rad for a God of Gluttony (Goddess?). Anyways... she's got a killer voice, likes some good vibes, just wants everyone to have fun and when she knows someone is hurting real bad you best listen to her. Because I think out of 'all' the overlords, even if she doesn't know the whole shindig surrounding Blitz, she 'knows' the dude is seriously hurting... and she even encouraged Loona to go to him during his time of need. I hope this isn't the last we see of her, even if Kesha is unable to return. Now, as far as what movies she should be in the commentaries for, it's got to be a movie with huge vibes. Something that fits the atmosphere and tone of the movie. It could be any of the movies we've already announced for the series... or something we haven't considered but we can slide right in.

Maybe she'd fit for Yellow Submarine?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who wouldn't be down with it? I don't know if she's evil underneath that party girl fursona or she's just deviously likeable (I mean she did show genuine concern for Blitz), but I'm also hoping this isn't the last we see of her.

Same, I really hope we can see more of her if it’s possible.

And, I honestly think she is a sweet and kind person. Like, I didn’t get any evil vibes at all from her while she was onscreen

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I've been hearing some talk going along just to be sure. Based on perspective, being that she represents Gluttony, she loves taking in the joy and positivity from her party guests after seemingly getting them high on large consumptions of food and beverage. And by listening to her words in her song, like a honeybee, the guests are almost like the drones to build up this honey which serves as part of her big stash which she eventually provides for the guests. In a sense, it is like they are having fun but not realizing they are made to work. But that's just one perspective.

I want to believe she's not legitimately evil, more chaotic neutral. We see she shows genuine concern especially with Blitz's antics at the party. She's not demanding for Blitz to leave as a result of leaving a bad vibe on the party (Ozzie would shout at them to get the hell out). She sincerely asked Loona to talk Blitz done gently so everyone can still have a good time. Even though Loona has a right to be suspicious over how everyone likes Queen Bee without argument, despite suggestions she may have something to do with Loona's status in the shelter along with all the pups as what could've been a result of excessive mating from other Hellhounds as a result for overstimulating their instincts. Especially if we look at the adoption papers and see Bee's name (One of the E's came out too large) is on the document indicating she's involved in some form. Still, even with all that evidence... I don't want to feel she's got evil intents (Even though it seems the kids aren't treated right, much less given proper clothing or food... like an actual shelter).

When asked about whether or not Rainbow Dash has any siblings, Miller responded that "maybe you'll find out someday!"

Well, we never did when the show came to an end.

Until now, that is.

So, I wonder what Rainbow Dash's Brother or Sister looked like?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Who other pop stars with animation maker overs?

1. Selena Gomez — Mavis Dracula
  2. Shakira — Gazelle
  3. Ke$ha — Bee

I’m pretty sure there are others.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Mandy Moore voiced Rapunzel in 'Tangled', but that's a Disney movie.

Beyonce portrayed Queen Tara in 'Epic', but it was a very small role.

Justin Timberlake voiced a troll in... well 'Trolls', and as the main lead.

Miley Cyrus voiced Penny in 'Bolt'... again, Disney.

Jennifer Lopez portrayed Shiva in the 'Ice Age' sequels (The latter).

Rihanna voiced a character in 'Home'.

Katy Perry was Smurfette in a 'Smurfs' movie.

As far as honorable mentions go:

Sia was featured in the MLP movie.

Avril Lavigne voiced Heather in 'Over the Hedge'.

Taylor Swift was in 'The Lorax'.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Well, it’s a pilot. But it’s a film, and I can see Capper Dapperpaw fitting in with these cats.

Potential Cinematic Adventure: Lackadaisy

Make this happen!

Beetlejuice

I got this idea after my recent viewing of the movie which was coincidentally after I watched the Twilight Zone episode: One for the Angels. After Shrek, Death has been established as an entity, and in the movie Beetlejuice he appears after the Maitlands die. As per One for the Angels--and like Farquaad--he cannot appear to those who have sudden demises before their deaths happen.

However, only Twilight can actually see Death, and she convinces him to not immediately take the Maitlands to the other side and let them haunt their house on some kind of..."technicality". He sticks around as a reoccurring presence that only Twilight can see and interact with. Kind of like with Puss in The Last Wish, Death holds a grudge against alicorns for the whole "immortality" thing, which is why only she can interact with him.

Maybe he holds a soft spot for goths, and is conflicted when it comes to people attempting suicide, like Lydia in the movie. And at the climactic wedding, Betelguese gets the upper hand and forces him to be the Parson, and when the Sandworm appears, Death takes him by the collar.

He leaves Twilight on a bittersweet note, with a less chilling tone of his famous whistle.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I mean it's 'kind of' a film... if anything, it does set up for a potential new YouTube series that follows the success of its comic run. At least it would be something to think about depending on how long the actual series is.

• Viewing 951 - 1,000 of 1,148