Spike and Gabby 172 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So it's also been revealed that Gabby had been coming to Ponyville on a regular basis, by order of Grampa Gruff to keep watch over Gallus since his first day at Friendship Academy. And the writers decided to reveal this to us, near the end of Season 9. Brilliant....

Well, if that was the case, then what were the original plans that involved Spike and Gabby during the majority of Season 8 before and after Spike got his wings? How did they keep their friendship a secret from Rarity until the middle of Season 9? And if Gabby and Spike were hanging out all the time, what would our favorite mail delivery griffin do when Spike's life is on the line by a giant carnivorous bird? And what would she also have to say to a certain fat dragon who dared to pass himself off as a "father" figure?

I have a few ideas of what Gabby would say to Sludge.

I'm sure Spike has told her all about those moments in between. Maybe that would explain to Gabby why Spike couldn't meet up at some point because this molting process was bothering him so much or he didn't want to feel embarrassed in front of her. As far as the encounter with Sludge, at some point Spike might have mentioned the possibility that his dad has come back to stay with him yet even Gabby might be unsure. And it's only when Spike learns the truth about Sludge and how he really is, not only does he have to apologize to Twilight but to Gabby as well in one of those, 'You were right and I was wrong'. I'm sure there'd be some decent plot devices to consider prior to what's been going on in Season 8.

But I think the big question remains:

Why keep this union between them a secret at all?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And what might they be?

Let's just say... her griffon instincts will kick in and he won't be coming back any time soon.

I wouldn't blame it on Gabby after hearing what a terrible slob, Sludge was. He gets himself hurt just to take advantage of the hospitality of the ponies, lies to a naïve boy claiming to be his father, influences said Baby Dragon with all the wrong notions of what being a dragon is, nearly throws Starlight out of the castle in the midst of her bath (Good thing she is strong with magic) and nearly drove Spike and Twilight apart. Sludge is pretty much like Baloo if he was a really bad guy towards Mowgli and that's just using an example from Disney of all things. It's a good thing I certainly don't have a father like that or else I'd be better off taking care of myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6