FiM Will Live on FOREVER! 1,292 members · 21,206 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Today marks the fifth anniversary of MLP Season 9's start, the debut of "Grogar", the return of King Sombra and - also - the last season of the G4 era.

Apparently the show gets so much controversy for no apparent reason and I thought season 4 drama was bad this one takes the cake especially that mix master starting up this drama

Given the fact Hasbro was rushing everything to wrap up the G4 era while in the meantime they started with the bases for the G5 era, it's kinda comprehensive the mistakes seen in the last season.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Whether this would seem crazy is something I don’t know, but…I actually liked the fact that “Grogar” turned out to be Discord in disguise rather than the real deal. It’s mainly because, before the big reveal came, Grogar himself was openly coming across as more of a gullible and obnoxious idiot rather than a serious threat. With so much time being devoted to Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek, I also began to question the need for Grogar to be around in the first place.

Plus, when it comes to the idea of the real Grogar being around, I personally think it’d be a better idea to have him serve as a multi-season overarching antagonist instead of a one-timer. Having him be around for just one season would’ve openly undermined his potential.

I still wish they fought the real Grogar, which would have made it really intense, but that's what fanfiction is for.

Wish the previews hadn't spoiled so much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6