bookplayer's 50 Questions 42 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Latecomer
Group Admin

As anyone who's glanced over there may have noticed, our story folders are a bit of a mess. That's because they're somewhat vestigial to the point of this group - the forums - but i'd still like to try and make them as best as I can. Any suggestions?

Main thing that strikes me is just there are too many of them, so it's hard to go through them and they don't all show on one screen.

Maybe get rid of all the numbered folders and move the stories in them to the top-level folders, and put number ranges by them? The folder "The Princesses" becomes "The Princesses (1-8)", and folders 1-8 get deleted, for example.

--Sweetie Belle

Latecomer
Group Admin

Could be. The problem is that that defeats the point of "which stories answer which questions?" They're more likely to address one than all in a group.

(Oh, and welcome! DO you think I should make an introductions thread?)

There is that, though the way they are right now, it'll be pretty hard to find anything. It might be easier to just post the stories in the threads in an embed.

Maybe you could try to make each folder name as small as possible while still being understandable. "9. Pony Cultural Differences", for example. "1&2. Princesses Ages", maybe, too?

(Welcome! You can, and a lot of groups have 'em. I tend to just ignore them and start lurking or posting, though. I figure people usually know who I am anyways...)

--Sweetie Belle

Latecomer
Group Admin

Hmm... so count on the numbers to connect the folders to the questions while simplifiying the titles? It might work - let's see if many stories are added as they are now first, though.

(Of course everyone knows who you are. You're a mod like everywhere.)

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

7037653 I'm not sure if we can really work with the folders being so diverse and bloated. It might just be better to simplify into general categories related to the 50 questions, especially since some of them overlap.

Latecomer
Group Admin

As I said, that may be nescessary.... but I would like to see if more perecise sorting is...

Wait, can I switch to general folders now and then re-divede them into sub-folders later, moving stories around?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8