bookplayer's 50 Questions 42 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Latecomer
Group Admin

The last question on the questionnaire was " Is there something that wasn't asked about here, but you feel like you need to explain to everyone? This thread follows from that, in that you can post things here that don't warrant their own thread. (That includes asking if something does.)

I mean, I did make this
Now what?

Latecomer
Group Admin

A long series of copy/pastes, perhaps with commentary on how the canon or your feelings have changed since.

Oh boy. Though, considering I finished it up literally this year, there hasn't been much change in the past few months

On topic: If ShortSkirts can invent the name "Sarosian" for Bat Horse, then I will invent the word "Terrasire", because it is a better name for Earth Ponies. I will die on this hill.

Latecomer
Group Admin

Okay - I don't think either are going to catch on though, not unless you can get Hasbro to put it in G5 like "alicorn".

I mean, basically most of my shit is wildly non-canon from the start. I have no expectations of any of my ideas being anywhere close to what Hasbro would do.

Latecomer
Group Admin

It does sound pretty cool, at least.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I go the opposite way: they're "night ponies". Fits right in with "earth ponies" if you ask me. :B

Okay, yeah, bat pony headcanons needs to be a question.

Latecomer
Group Admin

I made a (slightly broader) one.

yes but neither fit in with Pegasus nor Unicorn. And most other writers use Thestrals instead of Sarosian, Bat Pony, or Night Pony, anyways.

We hear the show in English... The ponies are not actually speaking in English; they are speaking in Equestrian. You might remember several times in the show the word hand comes up in the expressions “can you give me a hand?” and “hand it over” This is because we are hearing interpreted dialogue.

Also, Twilight is the reincarnation of Starswirl. It sometimes happens that a person is odd enough to be remembered by history but not completely understood. Twilight isn't completely understood either, but shares Starswirl's love of knowledge. She wishes she could meet him, because she doesn't realize that she is him.

The amniomorphic spell is an experimental spell used to alter developing fetuses. Starswirl used it to give the eyes self-regenerating properties eliminating blindness and the need for glasses (a personal project for Starswirl), and it also gave immunity to most diseases and made all diseases curable. Due to the plagues at the time, this spell became mandatory for pregnant mares to inoculate their foals. Unfortunately, the spell has not really been used since then. This is sad because it could be used to advance the ponies closer to alicornism.

The Alicorn Amulet is Celestia's creation. It contains spells of its own that can easily be directed by the wearer, however it draws its energy from the wearer over time from the future. Even if the user took the amulet off, it would continue to draw energy because the spell was put into motion at the moment it was used. Overuse of the amulet can cause paranoia from the fatigue it has on it's user. She gave it to an overly ambitious unicorn during the dark ages, who used it in the same way Trixie did until it drove him or her completely crazy. The amulet moves quietly because when the wearer gets tired of it, they either throw it in public and run or they pawn it off incognito. Every now and then the amulet makes its way back to Celestia who, telling them exactly what it does, gives it to unicorn researchers for use in their studies. It gets passed down and down until an overly ambitious pony gets it and then the cycle starts all over again. Celestia considers it a Nightmare Moon prevention tool.

Equestrian ponies who are able, can only get pregnant if they want to. Equestrians are taught to understand that raising foals is a life changing responsibility. Because of this there is no such thing as an unwanted foal in Equestria. Any orphan in Equestria is only an orphan because their loving parents died an untimely death. Orphanages are extremely rare in Equestria. They are only built when a catastrophe claims the lives of many parents instantly, otherwise the foals would be taken into homes without reluctance.

Latecomer
Group Admin

We hear the show in English... The ponies are not actually speaking in English; they are speaking in Equestrian. You might remember several times in the show the word hand comes up in the expressions “can you give me a hand?” and “hand it over” This is because we are hearing interpreted dialogue.

Yeah probably. How do you think it sounds - like a complex evolution of neighs and whickers?

I'd have thought the Amulet would be a bit late for you - but I guess it was planned as a Season 2 episode.

And might i ask why the last one?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

"Thestral" does not fit in as a term because it is not a mythological creature, it was created by JK Rowling.

Calling them night ponies makes a symmetrical terminology: two tribes named for mythological horses, two tribes with "pony" at the end.

Considering how rare it is we even see night/bat ponies, its a question of whether they're an actual tribe at all, or an illusion. Heck, when I was making my first magic theories post, I completely forgot about them, so in my mind it would've been unbalanced anyways.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15