Fan Club of A Man Undercover 52 members · 89 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

In all honesty, I've often felt unsure over whether I should check out and review this movie.

On one hand, I was interested in giving this animated "sequel" an analysis due to learning of the surprisingly positive critical reception it received compared to its three live-action predecessors.

At the same time, though, I've felt incredibly reluctant to give this movie a chance and make a review of it.

The main reasons for why are because, from the trailers alone, I could tell that this movie completely disregards the continuity established by the original live-action "Night at the Museum" trilogy. An example is that, in the third movie's ending, it's confirmed that Larry retired from being the museum's night guard after leaving the tablet at the British Museum and became a school teacher; whereas in this animated movie, Larry is a night guard again. Other than that, all of the characters introduced in the live-action films were completely recast, and it was clear that they weren't even impersonating how the characters sounded while making the portrayals their own. Heck, they didn't even get Brad Garrett back onboard as Moai the Easter Island Head, and he can work in small-budget stuff!

But, that's why I wanted to ask you guys this:

Should I check out and review "Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again" in the future? Or completely skip it like I did with some other spin-offs and sequels to stuff I previously critiqued?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2