The BradyBunch Fan Club 29 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
BradyBunch
Group Admin

A Rather Large Adventure was mostly written down on paper first. During the waning months of my Sophomore year, I scrounged together every spare piece of lined paper I had and began to jot down my ideas. I wrote and wrote and wrote, and eventually I had over 300 pages bound together in a three-ring binder. To give some perspective, I had wrote my way all the way to the Grand Galloping Gala chapter. I did it at any opportunity I had. I never erased anything. I went at lightspeed. Or warp drive.

At the start of Junior year I opened this account on the site and began to basically copy word for word onto the site's text boxes. It wasn't until later that I discovered the option of writing in a Doc. But what basically happened was, I was bringing paper chapters into school and copying them onto a computer.

Early on I noticed I was very unpopular. Only ten people had the interest to check out the first chapter. So I decided to create a side project to keep people invested when ARLA wasn't being updated. So I created the first chapter of Pony of Vengeance.

I was shocked. Thirty people read it! I was popular! I kept both stories running by copying chapters for ARLA and making stuff up for Pony of Vengeance. ARLA was doing fine, but POV was doing amazing. It quickly became the object of my focus, especially in later chapters. It was easy for me to blow my way through it all because I had the idea for the antagonist in my head the entire time I was in middle school, so it was easy for me to put him into Equestria.

Anyway, to be fair, I'm proud of Pony of Vengeance. It was an astoundingly creative, original, compelling work that gave people something to think about and be entertained by. It was dark. It was thoughtful. It was complex. And above all, it was good! And A Rather Large Adventure was...well...struggling as a result.

I will always love ARLA more than POV because while both have original characters that are reflections of myself, ARLA is longer, better in quality, humorous, and smart, while also being dark, thoughtful, and complex...which was everything Pony of Vengeance was doing right.

You should be proud of the work you put into your stories dude, even if some aren't really that interested in it:ajsmug:. The dedication you put into them is nothing short if amazing:twilightsmile:.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2