The BradyBunch Fan Club 29 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
BradyBunch
Group Admin

New Rock music is all but nonexistent, Orchestral music is forced into a niche corner used for trailer music only, Dubstep is basically organized chaos at this point, Pop music only talks about breakups and parties in a 4-beat rhythm, Kpop is basically ear rape, and Rap talks about murder, sex, drugs, and derogatory insults. Cardi B, Kanye West, Takashi69, Lil Pump, and 6ix9ine are big names. Musical artists are beginning to look like a middle school detention desk. Autotune distorts skill and talent. Perhaps worst of all, Youtube Rewind tried to make these styles of music sound good. And don't even get me started on Tik Tok.

Why does terrible music keep pouring onto the radio? Because we just don't know any better?

I’m still not exactly on expert on mainstream music, but what I’ve heard so far is really good. That being said, I haven’t heard anything from the artists you mentioned yet, and I don’t listen to the radio, so that’s probably why. I only listen through YouTube. That being said, I do prefer less-well-known artists over mainstream ones, usually, especially ones that make fan music for a variety of franchises. :twilightsmile:

I forgot to press the reply button, but I edited it in now, this is just to make sure it still sends you a notification. :twilightsheepish:

The problem with modern music as you described is the same problem that most movies, books, tv shows, pop culture groups, and even political bodies and churches have today.

Rocking the boat and trying new things is risky. There is no guarenteed payoff
It's just easier to propigate the established status quo.
Consequently; this is why we see active push back whenever someone dares try something new.

By the way, I just thought I would mention, I’ve heard a lot of orchestral music besides just trailers, so unless you meant specifically on the radio, I think you just need to dig a little deeper to find it, like I did. A good example can be found in my Music Blog Post 12. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5