Canterlot Adventures 46 members · 22 stories
Comments ( 140 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 140
The Blue EM2
Group Admin

And I've got someone else's story to edit. I love my life.

Same here for me X3

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Hey, it could be worse. I know there's the parallel me who never became a brony.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

And the many, many parallel you's who end up as various MLP charactera.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

There's an idea; what about a story where you all bump into each other?

Hmm....... Nah. it would be hard for readers to understand ^^;

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Ah, OK. Discord spoke to me and confirmed bits of Jimmy Hook Turns Into...Sweetie Belle were indeed callbacks to The Belle Rings True.

Noice =3

And what did you think of the same thing for Chapter 9? :3

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Two different authors, three seperate stories. Yup, plenty of callback material there.

Heh, that will be the norm for familiar transformations in the story until we get on to Characters that I will transform into for the first time, such as Queen Novo, Songbird Serenade, and Rain Shine, just to name a few :)

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Rain Shine? We are going incredibly obscure. Will you be duplicating any?

(i.e. pony Scoots and EqG Scoots)

Well... the only one that will be considered a duplicate will be Twilight's Human Counterpart, aka Sci-Twi :)

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Oh, OK then. Otherwise you may end up with a horribly cluttered North Carolina.

Otherwise you may end up with a horribly cluttered North Carolina.

Oh... we are used to it :)

Well........... ^^;

The Blue EM2
Group Admin
The Blue EM2
Group Admin

That's a relief. Is that a regional mannerism, okie?

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

I'll take that as a yes, then.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Well, where my parents are from, it's very common to refer to others as 'love', or even 'duck' (if you're from Doncaster).

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

It caused a lot of confusion down here in Nottingham.

I think this will help with a fresh start. Babs does not know her cousins AJ and apple bloom have been displaced as far as I know. Unless those characters want to help her with that tidbit, we are trying to play it off as nothing happened....as far as they know. Of course, the tale of Camp Everfree adventure with Gaea Everfree and all that would be an amazing story told from each of the cmc's pov as they would explain to Babs what they were doing when Gloriosa/Gaea Everfree attempted to take over the camp.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

But that's all in the past.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

WHEN we do get going again.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Now, for one of the worst stories I have ever read;

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

Look at it and cringe.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Detrimental English, poor pacing, OOC behaviour from AB, a truly ridiculous concept...where do I start?

Seriously, Discord writes far better than this person, especially given that English is Discord's second language!

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Say, I was recently rewatching Crusaders of the Lost Mark, in preperation for our next arc after Everfree, and (this opinion my surprise you) I think it's a rather weak episode.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

My main problems with it are;
1. Diamond is an ass to Silver Spoon, her best friend, for no readily obvious reason.
2. The revelation that Diamond is being pressured (haha) by her mother into behaving like this would have been very powerful-had it not come out of nowhere. There are no hints of it at all before the episode, which feeds into my belief that Diamond and Silver were originally created solely as one-dimensional characters. Think about it, what do they do in all of their appearences before this episode?
3. Diamond's reformation feels a little forced. So many stories have tried to deal with this issue, but in my opinion it feels like it got thrown into the episode as a way of writing her out of the series, which has largely succeeded. When did she last have a speaking role?
4. The CMC have a similar issue. Them suddenly gaining cutie marks means they now have no reason to exist in the show. They are in the same place as the Mane 6. This is a shame, as what I found so interesting about the CMC was that they hadn't found who they are. Now they have.

These issues, combined with my suspicion they simply rushed the episode into production, puts this episode pretty low down in my opinion. Maybe I'm just hard to please, I don't know.

Okay then...... what about when the episode aired on the show's 5th anniversary? Surely that is something though ^^

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

That, I fear, was part of the problem. They wanted to do something symbolic for the 5th anniversary, but didn't give it enough time.

Okie then........... :P

But I'm still one of those that love the episode because of it being a Milestone ^^;

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Fair enough.

Opinion is also split on Wonderbolt Academy.

Let me guess..... Lightning Dust?

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Sorry, I meant Newbie Dash.

Most fans agree Lighting is an asshole in that episode.

Ah.

Well, I still care for LD ^^

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Lightning needs a redemption episode, which they blew with The Dropouts.

Got that right. Same for Chrissy and that episode.... -shudders- The Mean 6.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 140