E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Aside from the previous idea I proposed of Seasons 8 & 9’s majority being part of a show by a Chaos Production company, and the various comics being made by a Chaos publishing company, I often thought of this wild idea here:

At one point, in the “future” depicted in “The Last Problem”, some sort of catastrophe occurs that threatens all of existence, and it unwittingly causes a character or more to be sent back in time. All the way to the beginning of Season 8, and interrupting Twilight from proposing her plan to build the School of Friendship, because the present Main Six would then have to help with the problem occurring in the future. And, rather than completely undoing what happens in the two seasons, this would ultimately create a parallel or alternate universe where things happen differently after the 2017 film. Some things are even changed as a result of this, such as Scootaloo’s family life and background.

Basically, this approach I came up with is similar to what was done with the Star Trek series starring Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, John Cho, and Simon Pegg.

What do you think?

Interesting. I do wonder what you would fill out those seasons with this instead of the school though.

Is there tension between the species? Does the Storm King initiate a long occupation of Equestria while a rebel movement is forced to try to evict his armies? A third scenario I haven't considered?

Or would it just be a purely slice of life?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I was often thinking of incorporating my previous idea to have the non-pony members of the Student Six be foreign exchange students for a Ponyville high school, with Twilight taking responsibility for their time amongst the pony populace.

Sounds good. Any upcoming villains you're thinking of using or would that spoil too much?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I’m not wanting to give away too much, but I will say this:

Cozy Glow will definitely be among the villains, and I’m hoping to retain her overall personality & intentions while bringing a sense of something new to her. Other than that, there are tons of minor pony antagonists that have made one-time appearances but are never seen again afterwards, such as Gladmane and Wind Rider.

Sounds sweet. All of those villains are ones I'd love to see again provided they're well written. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up creating.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Thank you.

It may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping to pitch ideas like the ones I've shared here to Hasbro itself. And that this could encourage them to also revive Equestria Girls, of course.

I mean current output says they won't make anything worth the memory it consumes, but if you think you can change that I say go for it.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

One thing I’m curious about is this:

What do you think would serve as the perfect catastrophe from the future?

How do you mean? What kind of catastrophe? What future? What is the show?

Is it a reboot of MLP Gen 4 or Equestria Girls or something else entirely? What's the tone and theme of your series, if it has any?

Ask yourself what kind of story you are trying to tell, and your conflict will usually follow.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

What I mean is, what could serve as the perfect catastrophe or threat from the future depicted in “The Last Problem”? Especially for a new and direct continuation/reboot of MLP (G4)?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11