E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Recently, and especially in light of the continued criticisms towards Discord, I was often thinking about classifying the majority of Seasons 8 & 9 as being part of a television production made in Discord’s chaos dimension. It seems to be a great way of reconciling with their overall existence, as well as taking into account that the 8th & 9th seasons haven’t been released on DVD yet.

It’s not just because of how Discord was being portrayed and the things he did, mind you; I still consider him one of my favorite MLP characters regardless. But, it seemed like ever since newcomer Nicole Dubuc became co-story editor and head writer, everything was taken in a questionable direction. Twilight was reduced to being a Celestia 2.0 near the end of Season 9 and was lacking in her relatable qualities, the School of Friendship openly feels like something developed out of Marxism, and…well, obviously there are too many other things to list.

However, that’s where I couldn’t help but think to myself, “What if, with a few exceptions like Sounds of Silence & Common Ground, the majority of the 8th & 9th seasons was made by a production company in Discord’s dimension? And MLP comics like ‘Siege of the Crystal Empire’ and the ‘Season 10’ stories were made by a publishing company in said dimension?”

What do you guys think?

Also, do you think it’d be possible for Hasbro to reconfigure whatever Season 8 & 9 episodes were actually good to further fit the continuity of both Seasons 1-7 & the 2017 film? Like “Fake It Til You Make It”, “Surf and/or Turf”, “The Best Gift Ever”, and “The Last Laugh”?

I'm curious as to what about the School of Friendship -- a sort of yeshiva or madrassa or seminary for the state-established cult and mechanism of cultural imperialism -- has in your mind to do with organizing the working class into a political party for the purpose of winning, and taking power in the structures of, a democratic republic characterized by universal, equal, and direct suffrage to both national and autonomous local assemblies of delegates holding supreme power (including the power to socialize property and govern it in the common interest) but with delegates holding imperative mandates and recallable at will, and safeguarded from internal subversion and foreign invasion by popular and workers' militias.

And I think your scenario is both uninteresting in that it excises various given circumstances and cowardly inasmuch as it does so because you don't want to face up to them.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

And I think your scenario is both uninteresting in that it excises various given circumstances and cowardly inasmuch as it does so because you don't want to face up to them.

Hey, it was just an idea. I’m only proposing it because there were many aspects of the 8th & 9th seasons I couldn’t help but question.

It's a perfectly valid idea for a fun fanfic or a way to set up an alternative take on MLP. You do you.

Besides his response was both horribly condescending and willfully ignorant.

Not that I expect much from a guy whose unable or unwilling to confess to the inherent authoritarianism of Marxism.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4