E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I’m well aware that many seem to be accepting towards the idea of G5 being a direct continuation of G4, even if it seems highly illogical to my point of view. Mainly on the grounds of the visual and story inconsistencies it appears to have, and Hasbro’s history of contradicting itself through the media they make.

But, there’s one thing I’ve always wanted to know:

Would it be alright to classify G5 as part of either an alternate or parallel universe from FiM? In this case, a universe where events similar to FiM’s happened but doesn’t exactly share its continuity?

I don't really have much issue with it being a parallel/alternate universe.

Sure? I don't see why you can't.

Honestly, it being a parallel universe is the only thing that would redeem it in my eyes. All the connections to Gen 4 have harmed it more than helped it in my eyes, so making it not the canon Gen 4 universe would be a saving throw (though I doubt Hasbro would go that route officially; they've been riding Gen 4 like a runaway gravy train for the last 4 years, so distancing Gen 5 from it would probably send the business types into conniptions).

If it makes you sleep at night, treat it like the Terminator timeline

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I’ve never watched “Terminator”, so…what exactly is up with that franchise’s timeline?

There are only 2 canon events, the first and second movie. Everything else after the second is all multiple choice

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8