E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Over the years since “Equestria Girls” was cancelled and left open-ended, many theories developed in my head regarding why that happened. Especially despite the spin-off not getting a proper conclusion.

Among the theories I have is this one:

It’s possible that a contributing factor behind the series’s cancellation was the spin-off’s lack of compelling, unique, or interesting antagonists

I mean, think about it. With the exception of the Dazzlings and Principal Cinch, most of the spin-off’s villains are often individuals who somehow acquire stray Equestrian magic, misusing it for their own selfish reasons until they are reformed in the end. The Dazzlings were the exception to this not just because of their lack of redemption, but because they were corrupt to where they believed friendship was worthless and that power & control were everything. Beliefs that aren’t different from that of Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis, if I may add.

With all this being said…

If anyone were to create an all-new villain for the Equestria Girls to face off against, how would you make that villain a complete change of pace from the antagonists that succeeded the Dazzlings and Cinch? What would the villain look like? And what would that villain’s beliefs and motivations be?

I'm pretty sure the Dazzlings sort of reformed?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Judging by “Sunset’s Backstage Pass”, I highly doubt it. They’re still incredibly disdainful of being in the human world, and they’re also conning others by making themselves sound like brilliant singers. They pretty much seem like the kind of characters who’d be open to a newfound villainous opportunity if it’s presented to them.

I agree with 7837142. Only reason they did not do anything so far is bcuz they can do nothing about it.

It's like Flim and Flam then, they never stopped their conning despite Applejack trying to save their relationship.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5