Gaming Bronies 78 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I like watching lets plays of games, and I'm sure some of you do too.

It's a good way to get an idea of whether you like a game, or to experience one you just wouldn't have any luck beating yourself, or even to see how to get past a spot that's giving you trouble. And sometimes the people doing the lets play can be more interesting than the game itself.

So, let's list some lets play channels we've found! I'm just going with youtube, since I don't really watch twitch.

Gopher
Gopher gets really into the roleplaying aspect of let's playing, often adopting a persona for a particular game. He has really long lets plays of Skyrim and Witcher 3 (and Fallout 4 and Fallout: New Vegas, I think). He's played Prey (IIRC, that one was a little frustrating), just finished Vampyr, and is playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Call of Cthulhu right now. He also has videos about modding and has written mods.

SplatterCatGaming
He does not so much Lets Plays as a whole bunch of Lets Try's, trying out a whole bunch of games you might not have heard of! It's a neat way to find out about new games.

Wanderbots
Plays lots and lots of games. Tends to explore a fair amount.

Keith Ballard
Also plays lots and lots of games. I remember him doing some good puzzle game lets plays, and he also plays games his Patreon supporters vote on. Things like Myst and sequels have come up on there before.

KetherineofSky
She likes cats and simulation games. Rise of Industry, Factorio, Kynseed, Forager, Cattails, Cat Quest...

TheTwitGamer
Plays JRPGS. Currently playing Disgaea 1 Complete. Octopath Traveller, Tales of Xillia 2, Sword Art Online, things like that?

ProJaredPlays
Mostly Nintendoish stuff, but he played Graveyard Keeper, and he's playing Rimworld really badly. I'm mostly watching that because his editor is entertaining.
Edit: He has nudes floating around of him (some of which he may have given to underage people), and his wife is divorcing him because of him cheating on her. Don't follow him.

Matthas
Mathas can be fun to watch.

NorthernLion
You probably already know about him. Bald, plays lots of Binding of Isaac, alternates between being really good and bad at games, often on the same video?

So, what youtube lets players do you watch?

--Sweetie Belle

I may as well add to this list a little.

Rurikhan
A dwarf who does let's plays! Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, that sort of thing.

8 Bytes
And I think this is a vampire who does let's plays. Let's Plays sound very much like the sort of thing a vampire might spend all their time doing...

Arlo
A puppet that does reviews! Nintendoish stuff, mostly.

Kay Plays
Ever wanted to watch someone 'git gud' at Dark Souls? She goes from not having a clue what she's doing to figuring everything out as being really good at it. She's pretty sharp.

Fighting Cowboy
He's posted some good walkthroughs and lets plays of some stuff, like Dark Souls. All right, Dark Souls is kinda fun to watch...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2