The Royal Canterlot Family 19 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

As Discord said in 8th instalment - there is really many of them. It's easy to get lost in who is who among so many characters...

a wife, a daughter, a son-in-law (unfortunately), a grandson who’s not here at the moment, nine sisters-in-law and nine brothers-in-law, two cousins-in-law, fifteen nieces and nephews, seven great-nieces and nephews… [...] And a stuffy mother-in-law and a cranky grandpa - I mean father-in-law!

..of Discord
And sometime ago - it was before my hiatus in reading of the World Above ends - I decide to make a family tree for them all! (and actually showed it to CartoonNerd before... but it was earlier version)
Because... how can I refuse? (to do that) ...(Polish version of that line "Czemu nie?" (Literally why not) seems to fit there better or t least more appeal to me, partially because of the singer... bit either way I can't resist to make that refference)
So here it is.
And here link to the graph file.
I know, quite big... as the family.
I decide to include everyone connected with the family - like known ancestors of them. But usually don't included ponies/creatures, that are not yet marry to someone from the family. For Mischief i made exception because... well he almost was at that time, and now already is.
Also few important things to understend this family tree:
- rectangular nodes are of course ponies or other creatures
- the lines (edges) are connection like marriage/being child of
- blue lines (edges) mean adoption
- stars means marriage - married creatures are higher and both connected to the star, and under the star (and connected to it) are their children. The number in the star is number of children. In case of chrysalis i skip the numbere because... well she had a lot more "children", even if Mothball is special (using this stars let me show siblings of someponies, even without need to put their parents)
- vertical lines represents generations - more or less

I know that it's not fully actual - if You know what to add/correct just tell me and I will do it (or You can download graph file and do it on Your own)
Here's the list of thing to do I'm sure about:

1. Add Royal Sisters and Discord's parents name - I remember they were mentioned but forgot they names - if any one could list them I would be grateful
  2. Add Capri and fact that she is Discord sister
  3. Add marriage of Flurry and Mischief
  4. Add Button Mash's Ancestors (Love Tap, Cinamon Roll Log... how was his father's name going? And there was som more, who's names I forgot...)
  5. Add some sings for sex of the character... it would be useful especially in case of Marendelle twins... I always forgotten who is mara and who is a colt... maybe I'm the only one but either way it won't destroy the tree or anything.

But if there's something more I will include that to - I want it to be such complete as it could.
And "Żar" is Polish name of "Torch"... if it bothers any of You I can change it in next version.

It's actually second part of earlier christmass gifts for You, dear Author Sister... and fellow coreaders too ;)

KidatHeart5
Group Admin

This is very generous of you to do this! Thank you!:pinkiehappy:

Well, I was partially for myself too - as I said is easy to get lost among so many characters... and now, reading "Love Tap of Marendelle", I realized that there's so much on the Marendelle part of the family to Add... Button parents, other previous rullers... I hope GodsLittlePrincess will be able to help me with that...
And Could You list me what is missing? The best way would be such which add every new pony/creature in the way it help easily get it to the three - so with most basic realtion with some already included member.
For example (using some of the charater I mentioned):

• Flurry and Mischief get married (add marriage)
  • Love Tap mother of Button
  • Cinamon Swirl (or was it Cinamon Log Swirl?) husband of Love tap
  • Capri sister of Discord

And well I finally menage to remember who of the twins was who! :scootangel: I hope I'll dont start to forgetting it again...

Marendelle Family Tree
Does this help? Also, let me know if the link isn't working.

Well it is working but you have to give me permission to see that file first. I already send request for that.
Though I probably wont be able to add anything for the main tree beforer half of february. In best case.
Edit: Ok I get it... now I have about one month to think of way of take into account "undetermined number of descendants"... when I do family tree (or rather forest:pinkiecrazy:) for my universe i use dotted line... but I'm not sure if it would work here...
Either way that's a great help!
Though actually... weren't descendants of Cinamon Swirl and Scarlet Plume married? I mean Snow Pea, with... eh I forgot the name of Featherweight's son... there were also tree daughters and... wasn't any family of Cinamon and Scarlet mentioned? I think I remember just someone for Scarlet... two Brothers and uncle... I'm not sure if her parents were named... And also how it is with Babs side... though it seems to me her parents weren't named either.

Scarlet Plume had a mom, a dad, two obnoxious cousins, and an uncle. Her cousins and uncle are from her mother's side. Are you going to need a different tree? All I mentioned about Cinnamon's family was that he came from a long line of scribes and royal advisors.

Well having a mom and dad is kinda obvious for everypony... the point that is not obvious is their names.
And I actually don't need different tree - just the names and... those cousins are sons of said uncle, right?

Yes.

Okay, here's Scarlet's family:
Father: Golden Yarn
Mother: Amber Braid
Maternal uncle: Crimson Tide
Cousins: Tidal Wave and Rock Cod

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8