The Writing Process 280 members · 892 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

So I have been improving my art skills, and I now want to put them to the test. Therefore I will be taking OC request. (Although if you want something else like ship art or a landscape or a cannon pony, or something, plz tell me. Just no NSFW or other teen related subjects. I can do death or a battle scene, just not 100% gore) I will not request money, but depending on how complicated the request, depends on the requirement.

• Just an OC. One prop is allowed. A shout out. I am trying to expand myself here, and need all the recognition I can get.
  • A background/landscape/props. A follow. Like I said, I am trying to get myself well known in the community.
  • A 2nd character/ship art. This will be a follow AND and shout out.
  • Everything. A character (or more) with a landscape and/or props, special effects, etc. This will be a story/art request from moi.

What I can draw well:

• Ponies
  • Dragons
  • Cats

If you want me to draw a person, just know that they aren't my specialty, but I'm not half bad. Also I can do both digital and hand drawn art. If you want it a specific one, just tell me. If you don't really care, that's fine too.

Here are some examples. (No people ex though, sorry) (Also a lot of dragons, they are kinda my specialty :twilightblush:)

7502358 So, I have this cute story about a Tentacle pony filly:
My Friend Tenty

With the permission of the creator of the tentacle ponies I took the cover art of one of her OCs (Octi Puss).

But it might be confusing to some to see the same picture for two different OCs. I'd like to have a unique picture of my OC.

If you feel up to drawing a Tentacle pony, I'd like to take you up on the offer. You are free to express your inspiration. All I ask is that her tentacles be longer than in the current cover art. The aim is to make her as cute as possible, but at the same time as offputting, scary, weird and alien as possible. Optionally (you don't have to do this), she could have a red&black color scheme (a funny take on the whole red&black alicorn OCs).

Here is some more inspiration for you if you need it:

Ok I get the general idea for a tenticle pony, but I couldn't see which one in specific you wanted me to draw. The story link was not working, but maybe it is mature, in which then I won't view the story. If you could point out which pony you wish for me to draw, or just describe her, plz do so.

7502750 None of them. My OC hasn't been drawn yet. You'd be the first to draw her.

Here's a short description of the character:

She had many more tentacles than just the ones that touched me. Some of her tail ones spread the branches apart, but most of the appendages were pressed between her hind legs, along her chest and up to the bottom of her neck. Clenching on those was another set of thinner tentacles, coming from her underside. They must have been the belly button ones. Pressed over the tail tentacles on her tummy, they stretched up and over the flanks, wrapping together on her croup.

And yes, the story is mature rated because I used the 'R' word in dialogue. It was actually initially an E-rated story.

I'm posting the current cover art here since you can't see the M-rated story:

Again, this is not my OC. This is Octi Puss. My OC is Tenty Rape, but I have permission from the creator to use the picture of her OC on my story since my OC hasn't been drawn yet.

If you want, I can throw some ideas at you, I just hope I don't stifle your creativity by doing so.

Anyways, the name of the game is: cute, but want to be tough while obviously being scared.

Edit: Okay, so I put an idea together, I hope I'm not stifling your imagination with this. And yes, as you can clearly see there's a reason why I don't draw it myself (I can't for the life of me).

So, in the picture, she's scared. Her forward tentacles are engaging forward because she's trying to act tough. But her hind tentacles between her hind legs betray her, showing that she's actually afraid. Her tentacles react on her instinct. In the picture, she's still undecided whether to attack or defend herself, so she kind of tries to do both.

From where she comes from, rape culture is self-evident. You're either a victim or a perpetrator. She's always been a victim and they always called out, "Rape Tenty!" when they saw her, but she wants to be a perpetrator. She wants to prove that her name is actually Tenty Rape.

She also has belly button tentacles, but you don't have to show that if it would make things confusing and hard to draw. Here's an excerpt from the story about them:

“What do you know about them, anyway?” Scootaloo asked, as she sat on her flank and leaned her head to the side as she looked at me.

“I didn’t even know they existed before today. I heard they have tentacles instead of manes!” I stood up on hind legs, pressed my forelegs on my head and wiggled my forehooves, attempting to act as a Tentacle pony that I imagined. “I’m coming to hug you!” I said with a deep voice.

“He-he. That’s a good imitation.” Scootaloo rolled on her back, giggling. “But don’t forget about the wiggly tails!” She wrapped her hind legs in her tail and kicked in the air.

Apple Bloom smiled as she observed our show of wiggling legs. “What about the ones hiding in their belly buttons?” 

“Whaa?” we asked in unison as we turned our heads to Apple Bloom. Scootaloo rolled over as I dropped on all four legs. We approached Apple Bloom with our eyebrows raised.

“Don’t ya know? There are tentacles inside their belly buttons that they can extend.” Apple Bloom touched her belly with a foreleg and stretched it forward.

Scootaloo twitched, obviously not enjoying the thought of a belly button being extended.

“Ugh! That’s gross!” I put out my tongue in disgust.

Apple Bloom sat down. “Imagine one coming at you with a bunch of those waving around.” She leaned back on her plot and waved all four legs at me.

“I wouldn’t be afraid!” I lifted a foreleg at her and turned my head away as if I was ignoring her.

She snickered as she leaned in close to whisper in my ear. “I heard they attacked a pony village.”

I swallowed then slowly put down my foreleg. “Okay, maybe I’d be scared just a little bit.” I bowed my head in defeat.

Unless you get some great idea about her cutie mark, you can just hide it with her tentacles. You can see an example of that and tentacles between hind legs here:

Again, this is not my OC, I'm just showing you how tentacles can look. This picture is in no way related to my OC, I'm just posting it for inspiration.

And the more tentacles, the better. And bigger is also better. And the more alien-tentacle-looking they are, the better.

Is there any colors in specific you want for your character? Or do I decide the colors as well as the cutie mark?

7503096 I'd like to make her look as young and naive as possible.

When she tries to act aggressive, she only ends up looking cute.

I'm not sure if you can do that with colors, though. So in other words, the colors are all up to you.

Maybe just one idea: when she tries to hide in the bushes, she only looks ridiculous because her color makes her stand out and easy to spot in the surroundings.

As for her cutie mark. In the story, she talks about clams. Maybe a clam could be her cutie mark.

And don't worry if it comes out phalic looking. That's just a plus.

Lets say I wanted to try drawing her just for fun when I got home today... is it still cool to use my own creativity on her colors?

7510527 I'm not placing any limitations on you. You are free to draw her in any way and with any colors you wish.

There is just one condition for me to use your picture as the cover art for my story. And that condition is that your picture must be better than the current cover art which is:

Consider it as a competition. If you prove with your drawing that you're a better artist than I am, I will concede to you and you will win. The winner's picture gets to be the cover art for the story.

Good luck!

I'll have you something at least before work tomorrow

I should have it to you in a couple of days

7510787 Oh, I'm glad to hear you'll take it on. I'll use your picture as the cover art when you're done.

7510770 But until then, I shall use your picture as the cover art. But only if you're a better artist than I am. Also, there is kind of also a sequel in the works. If it ever gets published, your picture might get a permanent placeholder as the cover art for the sequel.

Here's a sneak peak. Going to try and chug some rum real quick so might not get much more done tonight. All I can eat hot pot, here I come!

Still work in progress. Got two legs and both eyes still missing even. Oh and final product won't have the references in the corner

Notice not only are the tentacles closer to the body and twisted the other ways but the little suckers are only facing outward on the mane, not tail

7510903 Both 7510787 and I think your creation is on a very high level. If there was a competition, you've already won it.

The OC in your preview is everything I could ever wish for. I especially like the tentacles. I've known you for a long time, but I never knew you were this talented.

There is no time pressure. I've waited for years, I can easily wait for as long as you need to finish it. And the placement of your picture as the cover art on my story is already guarantied. Also for the thumbnail for the reading of said story on my channel. I am honored to have been a part of your inspiration in your creation of such a masterpiece.

Wont have it finished before work because I maaaay have gotten distracted by some bubbles I found. :derpytongue2:

Sketch layer is visible on this example but at least she has four eyes and two legs :twistnerd:

7511335 Don't worry, take as much time as you like. I'm using 7502358's picture as the cover art on my story in the meantime.

I'm really liking your drawing. I'm not sure if I've ever been so impressed in my life before. You really surprised me with this one.

Though the bubbles seem appropriate for Tenty as a character, they aren't mentioned even once in the story and there's not a single scene near the water. I'll leave the decision about the bubbles to you.

With and without bubbles, here you go!

All the correct (visible) body parts should be the now... Which means done I think? If there's anything I missed, message me :pinkiesmile:

7512008 Thank you for doing this. I now used your cover art on the story and as a thumbnail on the reading on my Youtube channel.

I also blogged about both you and 7502358. :heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17