My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 862 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Firefoxino
Group Contributor

[Adult story embed hidden]

Corruption is first and foremost a really high end story, what I mean is that the story requires a constant amount of focus and dedication to understand fully, casual readers will find this story too much to bear, the chapters are written broadly and are filled with ingenious usage of sometimes forgotten words and very formal phrasing. But let’s put these particulars in the corner for now let’s start with the story.

The story hangs around the fate and destiny of Shade Black, the only human in Equestria and soon to be wed with Lady Sparkle, Lady Laughter and Lady Kindness. Quite the strong start which begs explanation but before we can see how he swoop them all we are thrown into a journey in the past. How he arrived, causing turmoil and some injury by being literally ejected at high speed by a portal of pure darkness, and later on how with his intelligence seized control of many industries and parts of the market. 

Slowly growing in power using the coin he became all the more dangerous by creating his own magic, how he did is still not clear completely due to the story being still on going but Grogar has something to do with it most likely. The story follows the past, retelling his achievements alongside his goals. We see that he didn’t have problems mutating himself to achieve more power and later on send assassins to kill a corrupt noble. 

So that’s basically that for the plot, the story is one that I found extremely entertaining to read and I will keep a close eye on it for further development, the writing style is similar to Machiavelli with a lot of description and a fair use of polished expressions, no detail is there for nothing and everything must be taken into consideration for maximum understanding.

The ratings!

Core idea: 9/10 the idea is very good and I’m not giving it a 10 because I’m not omniscient so I don’t know if anyone else already did that, if nobody did though consider it as such.

Pacing: 10/10 the pace is well kept, it knows when to slow down to describe and when to just skim over useless facts, the pacing also is spot on especially when it deals with flashbacks and explanations of Shade’s powers and ambitions.

Grammar: 9.9/10 typos are there in the fic so if you have time fix them overall though the grammar is finely polished.

Total: 9.6/10 An absolute must in anyone bookshelf if they enjoy a read that can entertain an audience that wants to think while reading. What? He has 2 pen- we can’t say that! Yeah it’s funny… ok fine, I’ll put in an additional 0.5 because that thing is absolutely hilarious and I’m the one writing so let’s math again and we get! 9.8/10 wonderful story my fellow author I applaud you and I can’t wait to see it bloom more.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1