My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

The Mare and the Mailbox - sevenofeleven
Read nearly the half of it

Pros:
Blueberry and Daisy have a nice appearence. I like the way their conversation is written.
Steady writing style.

Cons:
Unispired beginning.
No real plot progress in the first half of the story.
First she say the area of the new house looks so terrible and down but she has no problewm to let all her belonging in the cart without attention for a while.
She has money problems and still spent two month rent on a camera while she could just pay somepony for far less to watch the mailbox or do it herself. Thats nonsense.
Unecassary modern tools in an mlp story.
General to less core in the part of the story I read. It feels more like slice of life then anything.

Summary:
After reading nearly the half of the story I must admit the overall qualitiy of the this story is to low for me to read on.

The way the story is written is ok from gramma, wordchoice and such as far as I can tell, but there is a lack of interesting things going on. Yes, we have some main plot events but they are handled like paperwork and that is mostly what it is about at the start. I mean it is realistic to a degree, not for Equestria but for our world. The Catastrophic Services acts like a real life one would and Home Seller doesn't seems to far of the limits too and that is one of the problems actually. There is nothing real interesting happens, this story could with little changes, like remove magic and therelike, happen in any catastrophic situation on earth.

I liked to see that the main character is Carrot Top, a nice change, but besides that the story is just boring slice of life, at least the first half.

On top is that there are some situations of the kind : 'Do it for the plot!'. You know when characters do something because the story needs it or the author wants it instead of what they would do normally.

Rating: 5/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1