My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

Fluttershy's Secret by Alabenson

Pros:
The perspective of a griffon in case of pony behaviour, interesting.
I like how you imply something that well and how it turns out in the end though.
Fluttershy written like herself while adding an uncommon feature to her personality without getting in conflict.
Kept short and reduced to the important stuff.

Cons:
A bit of block-text at the start.
While Fluttershy have a good appearance, Rarity's isn't that funny. There is room to improve at that spot.

Summary:
Well, here we have a story with a bit of a rocky start, it surely could improve on the formatting. Anyway, at the start your thoughts will be pushed in a certain direction about what Fluttershy's secret is and that is done well. Not to much not to less allusions. From the tags and rating it is of course clear it is something different, but what the author choosed to reveal was a surprise, at least for me. Overall, I can say I like how it all turnes out and how the story gets to that point. Realistic and short to the point.

Still, considering the comedy tag, one must know that the whole story from start to end is only about one pun actually. It is a good one, but we have the whole build up and main plot just to end in the one pun only.

You could consider this story like a longer joke somepony would tell you. A longer build up with some plot and a punchline at the end. Though, there is some friendship related acting near the end that fits for the shows spirit.

Rating: 6/10 Like a good joke somenody would tell you but doesn't lingers in your mind for longer.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1