My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

Story: 'Fun Fact Contest: Out-Pranking the Prankster King' by Alphamon_Ouryuken and 'The Avenger'

Pros:
The story quickly goes to the interesting parts, you already in the action after a few sentences.
The ideas were very entertaining for the pranks.
I really like how Discord appeares in the story, so realistic and funny at the same time.
It is an alt-universe story and the ideas are so good in my opinon, just the line : "BY MY SISTER-IN-LAW'S MANE!!" alone made me laugh, well done worldbuilding and consequences from that.
A good grin or laugh every few sentences, at least for me, the story does a good job at entertaining.
The suddenly polite manners of Celestia with Fluttershy was surprising, but in a good way.
Oh how this all turns out, priceless.
The names the author came up with.

Cons:
'The Sun Goddess' I know the fandom may call her so, but it is a bit over the top in my opinon.
A bit on the edge of rating 'E' in my opinion.
As much as I enjoyed the ending, it was a bit harsh after all for rated 'E'
The Oc's are not from the authors themselfs.
The ending is, if one look closer, very much a torture scene.

Summary:
Ok this story was great in my opinion, joke after joke really entertained me. The ideas were awesome, had varity and also, considering it is an AU story, where fitting perfectly. The characters as well stayed in character from what we can expect from the show as well had some characteristics build on the AU which seemed to be realistic. I really had a fun time reading through it.

One must however like Discord and chaotic events very much to enjoy this story, since it is more or less an rush through such kind of scenes. If you don't like chaos at its best comedy behaviour you will not like it probably.

Rating: 9,4/10

To be honest, I am a bit worried about children reading it, even they may not catch all the jokes. Just my opinion, if this was a 'T' or 'M' rated story I would have given it 10/10. Actually I would like to read what this two authors would have made out of it if they had choosen that rating.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1