The Bronycon Bookstore 58 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
kits
Group Admin

Some quick useful links to let you know WTF you're getting into:

• Beginner's Guide: If you have no clue what might be different between writing a word document and layout out a novel, read this. It's hardly definitive, but it starts to being up topics that you'll need to research. Treat it like a wikipedia page when you're doing a research assignment: it's not the answer, but it gives you a place to start.
  • So you need a typeface?: Times New Roman is the default. It says "I'm boring." Don't be boring. If you want to put additional thought and effort beyond selecting garamond, then you should definitely read this article about readability.
  • Those repeated bits of text at the top and bottom of a page that are typically thought of as "headers" and "footers" are calledRunning Headers in layout world.
  • Want an amateur example? I've still got the Twilight's List InDesign 5.5 files up on dropbox. Feel free to make fun of my attempts at being professional. :P for reference, it took me something like 2 months to do the layout. And that doesn't count the interior art and stuff like that.

Feel free to PM me questions. Something wonky is going on with reply notes for me now (as in, I didn't get some on the original thread.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1