Please Read My Story 367 members · 3,854 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Badwolf1175
Group Admin

Hi guys it's me Badwolf231 and I was wondering if you guys wanted a celebration of the day that we get above 500 stories added into this group and if you wanted a celebration how should we celebrate?
Please give me some ideas.

We should collaborate right here on this thread to write a short, ultra-random pony fanfiction. As founder, you start us off with a paragraph or two and everyone else follows suit. 200/300 words each? Could be fun!

Badwolf1175
Group Admin

I was thinking of maybe something everyone can enjoy because some people don't write stories and are just here to read but I will put that up as a plan B.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Hrm... You know, I've never been good at these special event things. I normally just do a Q&A...

I suppose a few ideas that come to mind are an Interview with a randomly selected member of the Group, or a special promotion for several stories, all chosen at random.

Or maybe a writing contest, with an interview as a prize?

Badwolf1175
Group Admin

I was think of a interview but I wouldn't really know how to govern that and I want everyone to get a chance to interview us so maybe I can let the members decided only one admin to do a Q&A with but they can only pick one admin. What do you think Quillian? All the members pic one of us and sends us a PM and another member could pick you and send you a Pm.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Well, an interview is simple; it'd be a user who either wins some contest or is chosen at random for fairness. Personally, I like the former; this is about promoting stories, so a writing prompt contest is a sound way to go. I used to do interviews for the Let's Make You Known group, so I know the formula.

As for a Q&A, they could do a "Ask the Admins" kind of thing, where they can direct questions at the two of us, but I feel like that's missing an opportunity to promote our community and members. Putting the spotlight on us isn't the point of this, exactly; but it's putting the spotlight on others that matters.

Badwolf1175
Group Admin

I want to put the spotlight on others but I don't want to see anyone get hurt if they don't win.

A simple writing contest would be cool – like, a 1000/2000-word one-shot sort of thing. A contest easy in which to be interested, which would provide writers of any ability with a chance to flex their fingers.

Badwolf1175
Group Admin

Well then I guess we're going with Quillian's idea.

I guess we have decided to do the contest idea you had Quillian.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9