Radiant Hope! 51 members · 53 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I believe it’s official.

“Siege of the Crystal Empire”, which featured Radiant Hope alongside an eventually reformed King Sombra, have been declared non-canon thanks to Season 9’s “The Beginning of the End”. The episode itself shows Sombra with a completely different personality compared to the comics, and has no involvement of Radiant Hope whatsoever.

So, in light of this, I believe it leaves each of us Fanfiction writers with an opportunity.

With Radiant Hope not being a canonical character to the show, but existing in the comics and with our knowledge, we now have the opportunity to help her further exist through the stories that we make. In this case, we can give her an entirely new adventure that can help her exist in the head canons we create, even if it means recreating her with entirely new origins.

Any volunteers up for the task?

“Siege of the Crystal Empire”, which featured Radiant Hope alongside an eventually reformed King Sombra, have been declared non-canon thanks to Season 9’s “The Beginning of the End”. The episode itself shows Sombra with a completely different personality compared to the comics, and has no involvement of Radiant Hope whatsoever.

Speaking of which, remember #NotMyLuke after The Last Jedi? Well, S9 Sombra = #NotMySombra.

What are you talking about?

Basically, how I feel about S9 Sombra = how most Star Wars–fans feel about the Sequel version of Luke Skywalker.

Honestly, I really like that Sombra had a lot more personality, and that at least he didn’t get redeemed in the end. It was just the voice given to him that I felt didn’t quite fit him.

Plus, I actually really enjoy the third Star Wars trilogy.

Well...I did create a series called The Guardians of Harmony, and my 3rd book has Radiant Hope’s tag on it, though I think it’ll be a while before I get to that. I’m currently going through a rewrite of my for the first book, so it may be sometime before I get to the third:twilightsmile:.

On the flip side, I'm also planning to have Sombra have a longer role than he did in Season 3....not really sure how I'm going to do that, but I'll make it happen somehow:rainbowdetermined2:!

That’s good.

I bet Sombra would definitely have more personality in that alternate version of Season 3 than the actual one.

Ohohohoho, trust me, I plan to make that happen:ajsmug:. Along with making Spike a true hero of the Crystal Empire:scootangel:!

.....Aw what the heck: In honor of this group, I will plan a future TG TF story of me turning into Radiant Hope with the side plot involving her (aka me in her body) romance for King Sombra.

Zaknel
Group Admin

We shall design her as being more story-centered. Giving her another reason for having the powers she does.

Personally, I’m not buying it.

For the Headcannon of my in-progress universe, Grogar never “revived” Sombra, for he was already alive, but instead pulled the residual darkness out of him, taking away the evil that would’ve had a chance to revive, and giving it a solid shape.

I had to work around the knowledge that Season 9 had mercilessly thrusted on me, because I ship it so hard my face would probably crack.

Sorry for my late reply. I read this a while back but never commented.

This is something I am definitely interested in. I have been thinking for a while on this and creating a story that involved her, but as of now I just haven't gotten around to it. It is on my to due list though.

I was really hoping that Radiant would have been added to the story. In fact I thought she would have eventually been added after seeing King Sombra's defeat in Season 3 and I hoped for his return would introduce Radiant and Princess Amore.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14