The Storm King 167 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

This is probably my favorite scene of the movie, especially the part where Storm King playfully moved the sun and moon repeatedly with the staff like it was a toy. I’m sorry but I couldn’t stop laughing! 😂 Just imagine walking by yourself in the afternoon only to see the sun and moon randomly move up and down. That would be insane, wouldn’t it? Gosh, I wish he had more hilarious scenes like this throughout the film.

Before you hate me for it, I hate this character. While I do appreciate the voice acting, the reason why I hated this guy is because, unlike Syndrome and Hades from Disney's Hercules that had character traits, Storm King was written as a one-dimensional killer clown (as by that, I mean a villain who was written just for the sake to make kids laugh instead of being afraid, even IT gave the idea of disguising himself as Pennywise to lure children into his death traps) who attacks other nations and hates friendship and cuteness for no reason; even he attacks Equestria, Storm King never straight up kills someone on or off-screen, especially the three princesses that were petrified, and while the concept art of the final battle is more believable and realistic, here in the final version, it feels bland as the entire army was shown to at first conquered Equestria were then be defeated by a small group of characters with plot armor. You may feel free to like this character, but I personally don't, it's just my opinion.

I didn't mind him being a joke villain.

Still I think the movie would have worked better if we had some moments where The Storm King proved himself to be dangerous,* as opposed to simply having him monkeying around.

And a bigger army fighting on behalf of Equestria wouldn't have hurt.

Now this right here is my favorite of his scenes.

Look how fast he moves, how he just manhandles Twilight and Tempest, how he lifts them off the floor with such little effort.

He could probably crush them flat, if he wanted to.

The only reason he doesn't, is because he doesn't see them as a threat since he's so used to dominating everyone through physical means, and he hasn't actually figured out how strong magic is or how it works yet.

Now this is how you present a villian. And he still gets a few smart aleck remarks in, showcasing his sense of humour and superiority.

This and the chase scene up the castle? Perfect.

The rest? Could do with some editing.

That being said, I imagine that the main reason why they were so hands off is because the story was tied up by so many requirements from the studios.

I imagine people raising such a stink about physical comedy in the early seasons, really cut down on what the writers were willing to do physically.**

*If Discord wasn't such a horrible person, with so much power, it would be impossible to take him seriously.

At least with the Storm King I wasn't under any false expectations, and I could actually enjoy the humor for what it was, instead of being disappointed by the underwhelming plot choices.

**And yet Spike could still be brutalized "because he's a boy."

Hey, that’s perfectly fine, dude. Different opinions, different tastes. Nothing wrong with that.

You do make good points.

Still I think the movie would have worked better if we had some moments where The Storm King showed how dangerous he was, as opposed to simply having him monkeying around.

Funny enough, he even looks like a monkey. Haha! :rainbowlaugh:

Yeah. I honestly see his species as a yeti type creature coming from a unknown southern continent. So it makes sense that he has monkey like features.

I enjoy the storm king he was my favorite characters here's a few things I notice.

1. with how thick his fur is he most likely came from a very cold environment mostly likely with a lot of snow.

2. His white fur was mostly used for camouflage.

3. All his Teeth are long sharp and jagged most likely he's a carnivore.

Everything about the Storm King was an epic win. Wish he could have had more screen time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7