The Storm King 167 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Even though it hasn't been too long since I shared what a couple of my inspirations for working with the Storm King were, as well as for what I view the character as and who I see him as a character, I just couldn't resist revealing to you all another character that has particularly inspired me as to how I see the Storm King. Mainly in contrast to most who seem to see the character as an overgrown man child instead of a compelling villain.

So, without further ado, I give you guys the third animated character that has been inspirational to me for working with the Storm King on "A King's Grand Entrance", for writing future stories revolving around him, and for editing Broman's "To Calm a Tempest":

In my opinion, the late Miguel Ferrer did an amazing job portraying Shan Yu. Whenever I look back on his character and listen to his performance, it often felt like he did more than just provide the voice of the character. It was like...he actually became Shan Yu himself. He was truly born to take on the part, and this was the role that I grew up with the most regarding Ferrer's work as an actor and vocal performer.

As for why I've come to view Shan Yu as an inspiration for working with the Storm King, it's because of these very things:

Both characters are sadistic, taking delight in causing destruction, pain, and death wherever they go. They hold no mercy towards others, and they're basically villains who are destructive forces and don't back down from a challenge when one presents itself. Plus, they both have a cruel sense of humor.

So, what do you guys think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2