Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Cobrawolf_Meiji2012
Group Admin

Just to let all know, Moderator Eldorado (Good guy by the way.) has asked me and others to keep the criticism of Mykan's Stories down a bit, just to show you here are his words.

I don't care one iota about you tearing his stories apart, or anything else going on within the confines of this site. And if he truly is attacking you to the degree you're alleging here, or if he ever did as much in the past, then that's something I'd like to know about because that's not cool. But if you're just going to quote random nonsense completely out of context, uncited, with no evidence or anything whatsoever to back it up, especially if you're gonna do all that within the context of a blog that has nothing to do with his merits as an author and only exists to call him names and be an asshole to him, then I take a bit of an issue with that.

When people negatively review his stories and he responds to those reviews and it inevitably turns into a giant shit-fight, I'm content to more or less let you guys slug it out on your own. But a blog like this that cites no sources and just makes a ton of completely unfounded accusations about him personally without a word of commentary on the merits of his stories, well, that's a horse of a different color.

You should be better than this.

So I think we should stop with criticizing him for now.

Eldorado

To clarify, that wasn't an official warning or anything to leave Mykan alone. Criticism of his work can (and should!) continue, because it's a vital part of any creative community. Making fun of bad stories regardless of who wrote them is the last thing I want to discourage.

That one particular blog was just a bad look. Very little of any substance outside of dragging him personally, and anchored by a quote he supposedly said that is impossible to verify. It's not flattering for anybody involved, so I commented. That's all. I probably should have taken a bit more time to put a more coherent response together, too, since I did come off as fairly scattered and vague.

Mykan is a toxic person.

Now before anyone makes any assumptions about what I said, I'm not defending Mykan, but I'm not defending us either. I think both sides are at fault, but I also think that both sides are victims in some way. I can't say whether Mykan is naturally a toxic person or if he himself is the victim of toxicity. But I will say that Mykan does spread toxicity. I don't know if he knows he's doing it though. But when interacting with Mykan, the only other time I feel like that is when I'm talking about politics on Twitter. Okay, in all fairness, Mykan doesn't make me feel that toxic. But he is competing with Twitter after all. That's a breeding ground for toxicity.

My point is that Mykan was toxic well before coming to this site. Where it starts, I can't say. But his infamy on this site may predate him coming to this site. Because the reason he came to this site in the first place has to do with people who were impersonating him on this site. I think it's at the point of him coming here that a domino effect began. He vents in anger into his stories. We react to his stories. Our reactions make him angry. He vents that anger into his stories, and the cycle continues.

I also think that Mykan needs professional help. And that is not an insult. He has a problem with obsession. If he has an issue with something in a show, he treats it as if the show has wronged him personally. And he treats shows that ended 20 years ago as if they had wronged him just recently. Even if he doesn't have a problem that requires professional help, anyone can benefit from that kind of help because you never know what you may learn about yourself. He also has an issue with misinterpreting things and having no understanding of nuance, but I digress.

But because of how things have heated up recently, I agree that everyone, even Mykan, could benefit from some time to cool down.

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/966463/why-wont-i-get-help-creativity-is-the-greatest-rebellion
"Feel free to blog about it and even "Criticize" it"
That is from Mykan himself I actually like his works.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4