The Official Generation Five Site 686 members · 1,959 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Kibat Grenbuku
Group Admin

I got some interesting responses from the last MLP G5 x Power Rangers forum, so I'm gonna follow up with one more: Who would be Sunny Starscout's Ranger team mentor?

Now, of course, it doesn't have to be any character from either shows or comics, it could be someone made up on the fly.

Now, of course everyone's choice when it comes to mind of Power Rangers when the word mentor is described, it would immediately come up as either Zordon or Tommy Oliver when he was in Dino Thunder (and I don't blame them for that pick.), or it could be the alternate human version of Twilight Sparkle from the Equestria Girls spin off.

In my mind, I think my choice is Zack Taylor. Why would I choose him? Well, I've done some thinking, and here are my reasons:

Zack Taylor is without question a very unique Ranger within his team during the Mighty Morphin season 1 and in the comics. For one, he has a interesting fighting style called Hip Hop Kedo, which combines dancing with karate. He's also been a team leader and co team leader with Billy Cranston in Once and Always, teaching Minh, Trini's daughter, how to be a Ranger and how their powers work. In that scenario, I would absolutely think Zack would be an awesome mentor to Sunny, and act like a second Dad to her as well, given how protective he was to Minh.

He's also been the Black Ranger twice, one as the Mighty Morphin Black Ranger, and another as the Omega Black Ranger in Boom Studio's comic series.

But what do you guys think? Who do you think should fit in the role as Sunny's Ranger team mentor? Let me know!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1