It is an Idea 25 members · 128 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Gnarl
Group Admin

I got this idea earlier today. You know how in the show "The castle of the two royal sisters" (Way to much of a mouthful in my opinion :twilightoops:) is in ruins? Well this idea would focus on why that is. Now others have gone into this somewhat saying Celestia abandoned it due to bad memories or it was destroyed in Luna's and Celestia's battle. My Idea is a bit different.

It would take place just after Nightmare Moon is sealed within the moon. The Thestrals (Bat ponies for those who don't know that name :twilightsmile:) sided with Nightmare moon as she was just a more powerful and world-wise version of Luna in their minds. They capture and fortify the Everfree castle as Celestia's solar guard surrounds them.

The solar guard try to get them to surrender and the two side have a peace talk of sorts. Needless to say it doesn't go the Solar guards way. The fight would be kind of a "300" kind of deal with a smallish group of highly trained Thestral soldiers (I'm thinking 5-6,000 at max) face off against a larger force that has them pinned (Probably around 20-25,000)

The story would focus on the Thesral's mind set, loyalty to Luna and their "never give up, never surrender" attitude. This would be my version of why Celestia abandoned the Everfree castle. It was already destroyed and the Thestrals were all killed.

Now don't think the Thestrals were just wiped out, Oh no, they gave twice as much as they got and while they all died they took most of the solar guards with them.. That's just the bare bones of this idea... What do you guys think? Good? Bad? In the middle? Let me know down below in the comments and remember... Evil, Always finds a way. :pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

P.S. Here's where I got this idea from and if I do write this I'm gonna have the Thestrals sing this before they fight the Solar guard, it's just perfect, with just a few word changes. :raritystarry:

This sounds most fascinating.

Gnarl
Group Admin

Thank you. Just popped into my head, so I'm glad.

Sounds interesting and original :ajsmug:

Gnarl
Group Admin

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. Hopefully I can get it started soon. It won't be a long story, 3-4 chapters at most but that won't take away from it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5