Against Echoes 81 members · 169 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Lightwavers
Group Admin

This thread contains the criteria for sorting stories and a few other things.

Sorting Stories

Rule 1: Objectivity.
Try to distance yourself from emotional responses brought about by personal preference. If the story's material is distasteful or unpleasant to you, consider leaving it for another moderator to read. On the other end of the spectrum, if a story's premise is enough to make you want to give it a top score, you might want to leave it to someone else.

Rule 2: Feedback
No one wants to wait weeks for their story to be accepted. Long, thoughtful reviews are nice, but certainly not necessary. If you can't decide how to sort it in the first thousand words, it might be best to leave it for someone else. You can give authors feedback through a comment or PM, whichever you prefer. If you bear bad news, though, it's usually best to leave a PM. All that's necessary for feedback is to inform the author where their story ended up, and a short sentence explaining why. If the story ended up passing, the second sentence isn't necessary. A short template is below:

Your submission of [story] to the group Against Echoes unfortunately ended up being Failed. Please correct grammar/spelling errors if you wish to resubmit.

Rule 3: Resubmissions.
Resubmissions are not only allowed, but encouraged. However, if a story is resubmitted three times and always fails, it is banned from the group and can be removed without warning. Exceptions are allowed at the moderator's discretion.

Miscellaneous Stuff

Want to moderate the forums? Great! All you really need is common sense. Is someone spamming,
attacking others, or doing other things that would be inappropriate in real life? Use your position at your discretion.

Inactive moderators will be removed.

Have questions? Want clarifications? Comment or PM to have them answered.

I have a feeling that now is the time you should close up submissions and get some reviewers.

Lightwavers
Group Admin

It's only been a few days. I didn't expect this many submissions for such a small group. Unfortunately, I already stated the final submission date. I have started sorting some of the submissions already, which will hopefully make the deadline to select a winner achieveable.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4