Story Idea Repository 38 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Moon_Dew
Group Admin
Moon_Dew #1 · Dec 7th, 2017 · · 1 ·

Just about every accusation fic against A Canterlot Wedding involves Twilight calling out everyone for not trusting her. While most of these fics also include Cadance getting mad at the Princesses, Shining Armor, and Twilight's friends as well, it's usually only after Twilight voices her opinion. What I'm suggesting is a unique twist to the tale.

After Chrysalis's defeat, Twilight forgives everyone for not trusting her, as per canon. Cadance, being out of the loop for a while, is honestly confused as to what Twilight's forgiving people for, and when she finds out, she's understandably upset. Cadance ends up chewing out Twilight's friends for not trusting her, Princess Celestia for falling for Chrysalis' pitiful attempts at impersonating her, and Shining Armor for banning Twilight from the wedding, ending with Cadance flat-out stating that there will be no wedding, as she cannot love a stallion capable of such cruelty.

I Really like this idea!

It could work. But I see twilight trying to get Candace to understand that shining armor was mindcontrolled.

Problem is that he wasn't fully under Chrysalis's control until the day of the wedding.

I think he was mostly. Mind controlling magic is very easy in Equestria. Twilight herself did it.

There is a list of who mind controlled others

First event Discord controlling Fluttershy

Second event Twilight controlling the town in a fight for friendship.

Third cryhilsis.

4 discord and the animals

5 Sunset Shimmer in Equestria Girls.

6 the sirens.

7 starlight Glimmer

8 Starlight Glimmer

9 crhiylisis

10 the sirens

11 the real Pony of shadow.

Even Luna might have be mind controlled as Nightmare Moon!

I find the last bit unlikely.

You never know?

I just pointed out that mind control is a lot more common in Equestria so why can't there be a mind controlled spell that takes days to work? I think Shining was almost under complete control when Twilight arrived. Biggest clue is that shining didn't react to twilight failing to get Candace to do their secret and since they are about to get married Shining should know that. Even when Candace was tired in the crystal empire and under stress she did it. So I think Shining was already 95% controlled at that time.

Comment posted by Waspinator331 deleted Dec 7th, 2017

You put starlight glimmer twice.

Because she did it twice. Brainwashing is a form of mindcontrol.

I can see this story with an ending that is good and bad at the same time.

Twilight goes to Cadance to talk some sense into her. As a result, Cadance slightly changes her mind. Cadance has decided that she will Think about it but tells Twilight that it will be awhile before she makes her final decision. Twilight returns to tell the others what Cadance has decided and tells them that she will try again tomorrow to see if she can change Cadance's mind even more. However, Shining Armor tells Twilight, "it's okay Twiley, I've waited a long time to get married to Cadance, I can wait a little longer. And if she decides that it just won't work, then I will respectively accept her choice“. Twilight then looks to her friends and Applejack tells her that they should just quit wasting their time and go home. Celestia stated that it is best to give Cadance her space for she has every right to be upset with them. Two months have passed, Cadance goes to see Twilight to tell her that after having a long time to think it over, she will give Shining Armor and the others one more chance, on one condition; they would have Twilight be both the wedding planner and the maid of honor. With that, everything was fine now and we all know what happened next.

With that type of story you can rearrange the crystal empire to come first before the wedding. And maybe shining armor wouldn't be taken out so easily because he is trying to prove himself to Candace and Twilight for forgiveness.

Moon_Dew
Group Admin

Nice twist, I like it.

And that means there is a possibility of twilight becoming an alicorn before the wedding which could be good or bad. But I am with the theory that twilight was an alicorn before being an alicorn

Interesting concept, however, according to Moon_Dew, Twilight has already forgiven everypony. In other words, proving himself to Cadance; yes, for Twilight; unnecessary.

What are you saying? That Twilight is actually Celestia's daughter without anypony realizing it?

No there is a theory that links the magic used in the crystal empire to reveal the secret passage is the same magic twilight used to turn the potion from purple to white in the season 4 premiere where it was called Alicorn magic.

This means twilight was already an alicorn but without being one.

I too like this idea since Cadance stating that there will be no wedding, as she cannot love a stallion capable of such cruelty.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20