The Weird People's group. 41 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

the new god of war, or as i like to call it "Dad of BOY" is amazing. old man Kratos is the best, watching him stumble his way through raising his son (who he was apparently exceptionally distant from for most of the childs life. not physically distant i mean, he still lived with his wife and the kid, but emotionally by trying to interact as little as possible with him) while ALSO having to deal with all the ridiculous bullshit Norse Mythology's throwing at him, AS WELL AS trying to keep his anger under control, having finally realized it does more harm than good in most events is immensely amusing, especially with the new deep, gruff voiced VA they have for him. the gameplays also a lot different, since it's no longer a fixed camera angle "arena" kind of fighter, but a 3rd person adventure, and with the axe changing combat to a more "focused" style instead of just hitting everything around you at once. also, i love how they're sticking to the original norse mythology in most respects (though, unlike the greek gods who were actually portrayed as usually being massive cunts, the norse gods are shown to be rather uncharacteristically abrasive, disdainful, and out right hostile. usually, they're basically just frat boys, though Odin can be a right shifty bastard every now and then), rather than going along with how modern cultures bastardized everything. I'm looking at you Marvel. Blonde, blue eyed thor wanst a thing until the nazi's popped up. original thor had red hair and a matching beard that could be a god all on its own, and he was HAPPILY MARRIED to the goddess Sif, there was none of this "human girlfriend" crap. and loki was never thors brother he was ODINS adopted/bloodsworn brother, and with how the gods treated him, he was kind of justified in starting ragnarok. just look up the story of Sleipnir. yeah, he, in the form of a mare, gets raped and knocked up by a giants horse to help the gods get out of a bet they made with the giant, which they ended up killing anyway after figuring out he was a giant. and they LAUGHED at loki, and his kid was made into odins personal horse. mean while, his other kids are all locked up too, Hel was forced to become queen of the realm of the dead, fenris was chained up with unbreakable chains, and Jormungandr was forced to wrap around the world. wtf guys.). sadly, thor doesnt make a physical appearance in this game, so will have to wait a while to which version they go with.

Yeah, the new God of War game has been a devastating success. I've been watching livestreams on the Live from Playstation app and it has been very impressive indeed. I particularly love how the progression I've been seeing goes off. It's been really amazing and it will be my return to the series after an absence that goes back to God of War 2.

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

Drinking game, Everytime Kratos says boy take a drink

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

Secondly, I need to buy this game.

That makes two of us.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5