The Weird People's group. 41 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

well, bought far cry 5, and played the shit out of it for 3 days straight. i loved every minute, every little random side quest (even the one where i had to harvest bull testicles, i've never laughed so hard at anything in a far cry game), every little pointless minigame (this game has made me legitimately want to take up fly fishing), and just plain exploring the area of hope county, be it on the ground or in a plane (if i had the cash and the drive, i'd move out to montana. if it looks half as good as the game, it would be a beautiful place to live), i loved EVERY part of it......till i got to the end. not even 10 minutes was all it took to take that enjoyment, strap it to a bomb, and send it falling straight to hell slim pickens style. it was like mass effect 3 all over again. why ubisoft....why.....you did such an amazing job with assassins creed origins.......why must you hurt me like this........

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

Now I'm legit curious, how'd it end?

how much do you know about the story of 5, just so i know what all i need to explain?

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

Honestly, not a damn thing.

Sadly this is the increasingly "normal" state of of "AAA" games. To use the example of Mass Effect 3 you brought up somebody, and I can't recall who exactly that was asked about what then ending would be like apparently said. "It won't be a cop out." And lo, it was a serious cop out. It will go on this way until the fires of the outrage and indignation they are stoking in gamers right now just metaphorically burn them to the ground.

E.A., Ubisoft, and Konami have proved as of 2017 that they are't finished causing damaging backlash to the video games industry, nope they are just getting started.

Alright this is gonna take a bit of explaining, so i apologize in advance if this turns into a wall of text.

The game starts out with you, a rookie deputy sheriff, going on your first major assignment with a 5 man team consisting of you, the Sheriff, named Whitehorse, a senior female deputy named Hudson, the pilot of your chopper named Pratt, and a US Marshal named Burke, are sent to Hope County, Montana in response to the hostile take over by a christian "End of days" cult named "the project at edens gate", who's leader, Joseph Seed, is preaching about the end of days being upon the world and how they must prepair, to that end they've commandeered 3 decommishioned nuclear silos and turned them into bunkers, and have taken over the entire county and are pillaging it for supplies and "converts". you attempt to arrest Joseph, and things go tits up because of course they do (one of his followers literally climbs into the blades of your chopper to make you crash). following that, your friends are all captured and spread out among the three lieutenants of the group, Joseph's family members consisting of his older brother Jacob, his younger brother John, and their adopted sister Faith, but you manage to escape thanks to help from a doomsday prepper named Dutch, who tasks you with helping the resistence fight against the Seeds. and you do. you go all around the county, fighting the cult and saving everyone. you take out John, who's in charge of "converts", by which i mean he tortures people into confessing their sins, before carving those sins into their skin with a tattoo needle and flaying them off their body as a sign of "washing their sins away", and who openly broadcasts his torture sessions on Hudson over the cults radio. you kill Faith, who's in charge of "morale", by which i mean she's in charge of the cults drug "Bliss" which keeps them all baked out of their minds and basically enslaved to the seeds will (with people who overdose becoming mindless zombies the cult calls "angels"), and rescue the Sheriff while "unfortunately" losing the Marshal (he's a prick and gave into the brainwashing willingly, and his stupidity is what drug you all into this mess in the first place), and you Kill Jacob, who's up north training the cult members in combat with his "survival of the fittest" mentality, using some MK ultra bullshit to turn people into sleeper agents to kill other resistence members (you included, whenever a certain song plays you go on a berserk rampage). you kill ALL OF THEM, and save all your friends, and even make a bunch more in the forms of companions (including Boomer the dog, who is the bestest boy ever). and you finally get your final confrontation with Joseph, who's managed to capture all the resistence leaders, and all your friends, and snare them with the bliss into obeying him and he gives you a choice, walk away or fight.

now, lets cover the fight option first, you fight him, and one by one free all your allies from his control. you kick his scrawny, tattooed ass, and are just about to arrest him for the games perfect ending........now, you know far cry. how they like making the endings "bitter sweet", and make you question your decisions......looking at all that the cults done, how do you think they could make you doubt yourself at all, hmmm?

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

I have a very bad feeling about this.

they MAKE HIM FUCKING RIGHT

all that crazy BULLSHIT about the world coming to an end, about being given a message from god to save as many as he could, AND THE FUCKER. WAS. RIGHT!

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

That's a kick in the balls

Yes. yes it is. not only do you not arrest him. not only do you not KILL him, but now all your friends are dead. the worlds literally come to an end. and possibly the only two left are you, and the one person on the planet who HATES YOU more than anything in the world. and this is THE GOOD, TRUE ENDING. the CANNON ending.

now lets talk about the walk away ending, where you dont fight him. you and the deputies leave, joseph lets you go, free of charge. you all drive away, scott free. well, not all of you. all the friends you made, boomer, Hurk (yeah, he came back), and all the others, are all left under Josephs control. meanwhile, you and your fellow officers are driving away, but you're already talking about coming back with the national guard and dealing with Joseph and saving everyone anyway. sounds like good times right?

LucidDreamer
Group Admin

I just watched the endings because I was curious. The song starts playing and they leave it at that. The Secret ending isn't much better.

yep. thanks to Sheriff Mc-ADD needing to have music playing while driving, you go into a berserker rage and kill everyone in the car. and the kicker? no nukes. russia only nukes the states if you fight seed. (but honestly, WHO THE FUCK NUKES MONTANA?! THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING THERE!)

Holy jesus. what the was that? WHAT. THE FUCK. WAS THAT?!

like, seriously, they just killed the series. they LITERALLY killed the series. all the main (1-5) far cry games are set in a linear time line. how the FUCK are they supposed to continue after GLOBAL NUCLEAR WAR.

now, theres a bunch of theories going around that aaaaall that stuff in the resist ending is just a hallucenation, cause after the credits roll, it drops you back at the top of a tower from the beginning of the game, with the quest to kill joseph marked as complete, where as the walk away ending does not, and has you do it again. now, like i said, SOME say this is a sign you were dreaming it all. others, however, believe its just them letting you go back to free roaming. personally, i dont know what the hell to believe anymore. until Ubisoft comes out with a ironclad explanation on what the hell happened, or a DLC that lets you unlock a WAY better ending (and no, i dont mean ME3 style where they add a "no colored explosion" craptastic ending option, i mean a decent fucking ending) i just cant trust anything about it anymore.

god.....those endings just hurt....bittersweet my ass, there's less sweetness in them than a shotglass full of hydrocloric acid....and i dont know why, but actually getting all that off my chest actually made me feel better.......but also feel a bit silly and stupid for ranting so much.......

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12