Twidust (Stardust X Twilight) 72 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Darkwing Dust
Group Admin

Now with Discord. Enjoy!

"Ladies and gentlecolts!" A exaggerate speaker announced from the corner of the ball room, directing all the guest's attention towards the main doorway, being filled by pink smoke. "Presenting the beloved, the saviour, the indomitable, the charming, the pleasing, the wonderful, the exotic, the true lord and master, the bringer of chaos and disharmony, the one, the only... KING DISCOOOOORD!"

Then a slight pause.

"And his coworker, King Jack."

Ponies either applauded or backed away in fear from the master of chaos spinning out of the smoke with grace, adorning a fancy suit with impressive gold decorations and a sly smirk to boot, bowing repeatedly with statements of "Thank you's" and 'You're too kind's" before he motioned towards the evaporating gas. "Of course, none of this would be possible without the brains of my partner of equal, his people creators of chaos themselves. Don't be shy, Jackie boy, come meet our inferiors!" From the crowd, one certain equine at the back glared distastefully towards the mischievous Discord, others drawing in apprehensive breaths, about to meet this elusive creature who ruled alongside Discord from the taken Canterlot castle.

Eyes widened and jaws gaped at the two-legged being walking with smug pride through the smoke, waving to the audience cheerfully. Dark brown chaotic hair, a full majestic beard and gleaming blue-green eyes behind glasses. His attire completely formal, dark blue laced with gold and silver linings fit for a King, an azure long cape trailing behind him. King Jack reached his partner in crime and the two embraced openly, grinning like maniacs. At the other's nod, Discord addressed the guests with balloons and streamers flying all over the place.

"Let's get this party started folks!"

Twilight's eyes narrowed, wary but slightly intrigued from her place near the back. Not at Discord, the monster single-handedly overthrowing Princess Celestia and using both her and her sister as playthings these days. No, her attention was moreso on the creature conversing Discord, 'King Jack.' Stories of him flew across Canterlot, of a creature who appeared as a pony, granted back his real form by Discord and two reaching some sort of compromise. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

Twilight had no idea why she of all ponies had been invited to Discord's equivalent of a Grand Galloping Gala, but if she could use this to find and free Celestia and save everyone from this mess-

Then, her skepticism turned to apprehension once the creature's eyes gazed over the crowd, either screaming in fright or attempting to have fun by Discord's definition of a party, and met her eyes, widening as though in recognition. Smirking, the other King continued his conversation with Discord merrily. Twilight exhaled in relief, not knowing that wasn't the end of it just yet.

"I gotta admit, this was a good idea!" Discord exclaimed, wrapping one animal arm around his friend's shoulder. "You've really outdone yourself this time my dear human friend."

"You're too kind." The human shrugged off the discarded arm, smiling in amusement. "What better way to remind everyone that you're not some megalomaniac hell bent on ruining their lives?"

"It is what we want them to think, isn't it?" The creature of chaos then laughed at the other's expression. "I jest Jack! Honestly sometimes you need to understand the concept of good humour."

"Isn't that why you've made me a King?"

"That and much more." Discord then summoned a small telescope, having noted the boy's glance elsewhere with a knowing grin. "Ah... So that's the whole reason you've planned this party, isn't it? Jack you old dog, I thought ponies weren't your thing."

"They aren't." Jack snorted with a grin, smacking the telescope away playfully. "But she's... Unique."

"Hm, seems like your everyday dull unicorn to me."

"You'd be surprised." Straightening his shoulders, Jack intended to depart elsewhere. "Why don't you go find that yellow pegasus I invited? You two will get along just fine."

The two shared meaningful chuckles, Discord slapping the short man's shoulder with a knowing grin. "Go get 'em tiger."

"We're still planning that zombies let's play before the end of the night?"

"What else would we do?"

Twilight Sparkle, meanwhile, inhaled sharply from the two-legged unknown creature approaching through the scattering crowd in her general direction, waving off very interested mares with eyes solely focused on her. It... It didn't know what she planned to do, did it...? Nervousness and fear were already growing like knots in her stomach, the man reaching her and attracting plenty of attention from the guests.

Twilight braced herself for the worse...

"Pardon me ma'am." The creature said almost casually, baring playful werewolf teeth. "May I borrow your company in the gardens for a moment?"

The royal gardens in question have long been transformed into a garden of horror since Discord took charge. Giant Venus flytraps, plant monsters and flowers which radiated smells of food or waste. Twilight tried her best not to allow the sight or smell to bother her, thankful at least that the man leading her into the depths of the gardens, to a secluded patch of yellow grass with the vague scent of lemon. The stars from very bright tonight, unusually so since Discord transformed the constellations into floating donuts, the moon a massive basketball.

Twilight waited with wary patience as the man then turned to face her, offering a hand with a playful grin. "May I have this dance, mi'lady?" As if on cue, soft, peaceful music played from parts unknown. The unicorn blinked, having not expected such a request and feeling her cheeks grow warm at anyone even asking that of her.

"I... I don't have much experience..." She added rather reluctantly. "Your Highness..."

The King smiled lightly. "Practice makes perfect."

It was a surreal experience, slow-dancing with someone she should consider an enemy. Twilight expected some kind of trick to this, the creature intending to 'accidentally' throw her off the balcony or something. But instead, the man's touch was gentle, deliberate, guiding her across the yellow grass and evidently taking the lead. Twilight was feeling herself grow hotter by the minute.

The next remark didn't help. "I don't really say this to your kind, but you're the most beautiful pony I've ever seen."

What... What was she suppose to say to that? Purple cheeks heated in red, the unicorn shyly glancing away. He must be referring to the dress. "It's nothing special."

"I wasn't talking about the dress, love. But it looks lovely too if that helps."

It really didn't. Twilight, unuse to any kind of compliment from one of the opposite gender, much less a creature from another world, attempting control of the situation by stammering out, "What- What are you playing here?"

"Playing?"

Twilight snapped upwards at the innocent repeat, glaring distrustfully. "Obviously you must have a similar mindset like Discord's, your Majesty, and are trying to lead to a false sense of security." She felt herself grow bolder with every word. "Well, I'm not falling for it for a minute." Just then, realizing her error swiftly, Twilight braced herself anxiousness for any just retaliation.

The King hardly looked offended. To her surprise, he seemed more amused and... Fond of the display. "Good."

The mare frowned. "'Good?'"

"Good." King Jack affirmed, nodding with a knowing grin. "It always pays to be cautious. Never let your guard down even when things seem at peace." Then, twirling the inexperienced mare around and landing her into his arms, Twilight flushed at the motion and felt her breath suddenly hitched as the creature leaned down slightly, hazel eyes illuminating next to the stars. Then, the dance resumed. "As for your suspicion; no, there is no angle. I just wanted to meet you. Really that's the main reason this gala's even happening."

Twilight scoffed at that, trying to make heads or tails about this creature's game. "Are you honestly trying to say that all of this." Her free hoof gestured around them. "Was so you could meet some plain unimportant pony like me?"

Jack's expression then softened, looking close to upset. Did she say something wrong? "You're more important than you realize." The man argued gently, smiling rather tiredly. "You don't know this, but you saved me. A long time ago, that's why I'm doing all this, ruling with Discord to ensure a better society than Celestia could ever dream of."

"Princess Celestia's rule was fine enough!" Twilight bit back before she could stop herself, indignant by these claims to the alicorn she looked up to since as a filly. "Everything was peaceful and harmonic before you and Discord ruined everything!"

As though expecting that, the man countered with an edge to this voice. "Tell that to the dragons, and the griffons, and the Diamond Dogs. Hell, all other creatures outside of ponykind across Equestria." Leaning forward, Twilight felt her face grow warm against by the proximity, the man's dark tone sending a shiver down her spine. "Things might've been fine in Canterlot, but Celestia was a tyrant by any other name, enforcing harmony without chaos, subjugating balance itself. She had a thousand years of an opportunity to make peace with all other species and let balance run its course, but chose to sit on that throne all day and just look the part for her greedy ignorant subjects. Tell me, has anyone truly suffered when Discord took over? Did anyone feel their lives honestly get worse."

"I..." Twilight couldn't find an appropriate statement to argue.

"Discord may adore fun and games, but that's changed since my own arrival." The King continued more calmly, straightening again as the dance proceeded. "We're working together to ensure peace between all creatures of Equestria, something Celestia never bothered trying to do. Plus, after a thousand years of harmony already, what's wrong with a thousand years of chaos having a go? That sounds like balance to me."

"...Who are you?" Twilight was compelled to ask, frowning in irritation and sincere intrigue by this creature speaking with such passion and conviction, hazel eyes glinting a seriousness unexpected from a King ruling alongside Discord. "Why are you helping Discord when you could've helped the Princess ensure this ideal balance of yours?"

"Because Discord is neither old-fashioned nor stuck to old traditions." He shrugged. "He makes his own rules. The two of us made a deal, in helping him make peace without everyone, and making sure not a single pony would ever be harmed by the chaos he uses, I would become his King and personal best friend. A fair trade, all things considered."

"And what is it you want with me?" Twilight frowned. "It sounds as though you have everything planned accordingly. Why offer me a dance and drag me from the party? What makes me so special?"

"You are logical, studious and brilliant overall. The perfect blend of beauty and brains." Twilight felt hot again, just the factual way he expressed it. "I represent Balance as Discord represents Chaos. And Celestia can't be trusted to represent Harmony for us, so we need someone who was raised in modern times with brains and flawless speech-makings."

"Are... Are you asking me to rule all of Equestria alongside you two?!" To say Twilight was bewildered was a flat-out understatement.

The King laughed at the earnest gaping reaction. "Not right away. Right now I'm offering you a chance to stay here, in the castle alongside Discord and I, so we can convince you we're not heartless monsters who only look out for ourselves. And once you feel ready, you can help us in reaching a peace treaty with dragon kind, griffon kind and all others that are at odds with your people, ensuring an everlasting peace for all time. At least... Trying to. What do you think?"

What did she think? The entire situation felt surreal and dreamlike. Twilight had every right to decline, not wanting anything to do with a certain master of chaos and disharmony. But, staring intently into the other King's eyes, seeing only truth and conviction, Twilight swore she saw a piece of herself in him. And is she could help make things better for Equestria, outside of her own misery and uselessness back home...

Maybe it was entirely selfish, but the words flown out of Twilight's mouth from the brain. "So long as you uphold those self-proclaimed values... I guess it's worth a shot."

The King seemed genuinely pleased to hear that, and Twilight blushed lightly at the beam down on her, her breath halting briefly from the soft trail of lips to her hoof. "You won't regret this, Twilight. You'll be a positive impact for the future to come." And, for once tonight, the unicorn found herself smiling, rather shyly, at the gratitude and fondness her way. "Shall we tell Discord the good news then, or would you prefer another dance, my dear?"

"...Another dance, if I may." Twilight had no real intention on interacting with the more chaotic King right now, especially when she admittedly having a good time dancing with this creature somehow. "This would be a good opportunity for us to get started on learning what exactly you both have planned for Equestria without any interruptions."

"And a chance to learn more about this mysterious handsome creature dancing with you, what he is and where he comes from." Twilight flushed at the sly knowing tone, the King laughing warmly. "We can start by calling me Jack, and I agree, another dance it is. Discord's probably busy with that pegasus I matched him up with tonight anyway."

Nine months later, all of Equestria celebrated with two new Queens ruling alongside the duo. And soon enough, every species across Equestria celebrated the Chaotic King, Balanced King, and their Harmonic Queens in uniting all together under a new order or prosperity. A distraught Celestia could only be comforted by a freed Luna beside the former's balloon cell.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1