NaNoWriMo Bronies 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Well, after falling behind due to my vacation, I've gotten 10k words done in the past 2 days, putting me at a grand total of 23k words. So long as I can keep up my current pace, I'll more than reach my goal by the end of the month. How's everyone else doing on there goals?

Nicely done!

I've failed out completely. Too much real life happened, I haven't had any time at all to write for the past week. I was already a little behind before that happened, so I'm doomed. Oh well! I did get one whole chapter finished, and the start of a second, so it's not a total loss. (About 6k words total, I was going for the 25k goal.)

Don't give up now! You've got 8 days left, that just over 2k words a day. You can do it!

There's a reason I chose an initial goal of less than 1k words a day. There's no shame in recognizing reality, when the reality is that you literally just don't have the free time. This isn't writer's block or something like that, it's "I don't have an hour a day to sit down and write in."

DeshLune
Group Admin

I was doing great, roughly 2k words a day. Then I took a week off, and I've fallen so far behind I don't think I'll reach my goal. The kicker: I'm going to be busy the next few days, and might not be able to move forward at all. I've already passed Easy, but I am still aiming for Advanced. I'll just have to give up on some sleep to make some more free time. (Didn't do much today, either. But I am putting time into a contest I entered sometime at the beginning of the month.)

Also nice job with the 10k in two days. How was your vacation?

Busy! Walked a good 50 miles over 7 days. Had a great time, though.

DeshLune
Group Admin

Did you make sure to stay hydrated? That is very important after all. But I'm glad to hear you had a great time.

Of course I did! I'm no convention newbie. :P My friend on the other hand.... Let's just say it's a good thing I carried enough water for the both of us.

randome284
Group Admin

Good job, with 10k in two days.

I've fallen very far behind because of life. Like, very, very far behind. About 20k words behind. Yeah, there's no possible way for me to get this done in time, or come even close.

my original schedule had me sitting over 40k at this point, so I'm a pretty decent ways behind where I wanted to be, but I'm really pushing to make my goal still. Got almost 1k out of the way already this morning.

How's everyone else doing on their [sic] goals?

At present: not good. While I can scrape an "easy"-rank entry, "medium" and "advanced" are looking increasingly remote from where I am right now. That's partly because I spent a long time in the planning stage, and partly because I've always had a bit of trouble keeping to longer works. So far.

Well, if nothing else, at least I'll have something to show for it this time, and I at least intend to continue this story next month. Nevertheless, for this month I think ambition has got the better of me.

Ah well… :applejackunsure: What will be, will be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11