Assembly of Story Reading 40 members · 199 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
DeshLune
Group Admin

This is the first contest of the group. The goal of this is to make a story, heheheh, about a character with a power which is both good (Provides an effect which can be considered as a "good thing") and bad (Provides an effect which can be considered as detrimental).
Example: A pony, or other, can turn invisible, but whenever they want too they must cut themselves. (Something kinda like that.)

Rules:
1: Must explain, in some detail, the power and why it is both good and bad for the character.
2: The story must be put into the (Contest #1: Power Play) folder. (Note: once in, edits shouldn't be made, but if you decide too you have until the deadline.)
3: Must be in by the deadline.
4: Word Count should be between 1,500 to 4,000 words. (Challenge: get your word count to be 1781 words.)
5: One entry per person.

Restrictions:
No Sex or Gore Tagged stories.

Deadline:
July 6th, 2017 Pacific Standard Time

Prize:
A YouTube reading shall be done by Anstca, for the first place winner.
And a spot in the Challenge folder for anyone who made the challenge.

Judging: starts on the 12th of July. (Edited)
The Admins of the group will be the judges, if they want to that is. If the Admin wishes to take part in the contest, then they give up the right to judge that contest.
I'll fill in the rest about this as we get closer to the deadline.

I wish you all the best of luck. And if you have any question drop a comment below. Also could people leave a comment below to let me know who is in.

I'll see what I can do... I have the idea and everything. All I have to do is write it. :derpytongue2: This'll be fun.

DeshLune
Group Admin

The deadline has been moved.

Now there's so much time for me to perfect my non-written masterpiece (:derpytongue2:).

I'm willing to give out extra prizes if you want. Like a digital piece of art for first place, and an on-paper drawing for second and third, or something like that.

DeshLune
Group Admin

The extension is due to me being unable to be active for the original deadline, and it should end up taking a few days to complete the reviews. So I moved it to the next several day slot I would have available.

And only if you are willing, though if you end up winning then is it a prize to yourself?

5952401 As with all the contests on this site, I'll promote this one on my user page in an attempt to get you more contenders.

I'll force Vital to make me something. I'll make some art for myself. :rainbowlaugh: Or drink another cup of coffee. :derpytongue2:

DeshLune
Group Admin

Thank you Bad Dragon... can I just call you Dragon? Calling you Bad Dragon makes me feel like I'm calling you bad, when you are so nice...

I'll take it into consideration. ^^

5952920 I usually go with just Bad.

And please don't say anything nice about me to anypony. I have a bad reputation to upkeep, you see?

DeshLune
Group Admin

I won't. ^^

I'll join.

Might be fun.:duck:

Yep, I really wouldn't mind. Would give me some extra fun and practice, if anything.

Also, I have a question. Would it count for the prompt if the main character has to do something bad, practically sacrificing themselves, for the good of everypony, to save them?

DeshLune
Group Admin

As long as there is a character using an ability (also known as a power) with the effect described above then you are fine to do whatever. Well, can't have "Sex" or "Gore" those have been restricted. So if they save everyone, or conquer them is up to you. Hoped that helped.

I'll be posting results, so if you want to make drawings for anyone feel free too. ^^

DeshLune
Group Admin

The word count has been raised. I hope this allows for an easier time for your story.

(Note for... Bad: I'm not sure if you are taking part, so sorry for "tagging" you if you aren't.)

DeshLune
Group Admin

The contest is coming to an end. If you haven't already now is the (roughly) 24 hour heads up to the deadline. (Sorry, Bad Dragon, I still don't know if I should tag you.)

tfw you forgot all about this. :rainbowderp: Uh, let's see what I can write and get approved by tomorrow night. Also, I assume you can't, but I'll just ask to make sure. Since judging begins on the 12th, can you edit before that but after the deadline or not?

DeshLune
Group Admin

If no one is able to get a story out by the deadline then I'll have to do the obvious and either:
A) do an extension;
B) call it a failure and make adjustments for the next one.

But yes. Until the judging time edits are perfectly fine, as long as the story is in at the deadline (though if it moves then so does the time for the editing, which should be expected).

Alright, thanks. I'll probably have mine done by tomorrow, if I actually sit down and write it, which I'll do for once. Not sure how long it'll take the mods to approve of it though. :derpytongue2: I'm hoping it won't be three days again.

DeshLune
Group Admin

We'll just have to see. :P

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19