Monster Mares 589 members · 506 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Robipony
Group Admin

So for those of you who watch me toil as I promote this group in the forums, you may notice that I have had some imaginative "stories" placed in those threads to promote the group. So I thought, rather than just let them potentially disappear into the cyber space ether, that I would post them here in this thread. Hopefully you all enjoy (and maybe they will provide some inspiration for you all). :raritywink:

This thread is exclusively to present these posts. If you want to comment on them, then feel free to create a thread in the group to discuss it. :pinkiesmile:

October 20th, 2019

You are a lonely stallion, sitting in your living room when the door bell rings. It is Nightmare Night and not wanting to clean egg off of the house that you are three months rent behind on, you make your way to the front door with a bucket of candy. Opening the door you see three children in cute costumes yelling, "Nightmare Night! What a fright! Give us something sweet to bite!"

As you dish out the candy you notice standing behind the children a cute mare wearing a black cape. She smiles at you as the children wonder off.

"What about me?" She smiles presenting her fangs. "Don't I get a treat?"

The next morning you wake up, remembering hardly anything about the night before except for those fangs. Immediately you proceed to log onto your Equestrian internet, searching for any clues as to what that mare might have been. That is when you come up this group.

-I don't own this image.

November 5th, 2019

You had spent the last few days, preparing for Hearth's Warming. The decorations were in place, holiday cookies and eggnog were made, if you had a marefriend you might have a present ready... however, since you were a lonely sod, you hadn't prepared anything. As the yummy green bean casserole cooked in the oven, you heard somepony knock at your front door.

Surprised that anypony would come to your house at this time, you proceeded to go to the front door and opened it. Before you was a mare with a pale coat and a mane seemingly made of snow and ice.

"Can I come in please."

As you welcomed her into your home, the temperature in your warm abode seemed to drop. Your teeth chattering with her presence.

"Thank you." The mare said as she leaned in and planted her ice cold lips against your own.

The next day when you woke, she was gone, however the memory of the mare's frozen embrace remained. Trying to learn more about this strange mare, you explored the Equestrian Interwebs until you found...

-I don't own this image, but let me tell you, you wouldn't believe how hard it was to find an image for this promotion.

December 15th, 2019

You sat at your computer wondering what to write. Every time you thought you have a cleaver idea it seemed to escape your grasp. It was with a sigh of humiliation that you were about to close your laptop for the evening when your roommate walked into the room. Perhaps walked, wasn't the right word for it.

Compared to most mares in your neighborhood, your roommate possessed some serpentine characteristics, her back half like that of a snake with eyes possessing thin slits and a forked tongue flickering from behind her lips.

"How is it going?" The mare asked setting her head on top of yours.

"Not great," you answered, "nothing is coming to me."

This was an issue that had been plaguing you for a month now and your occupation as a writer was in jeopardy. You could feel your roommates scaly tail wrap around you in a comforting manner.

"Then maybe you should try writing about something closer to home." She suggested.

"Maybe, but what?"

I don't own this image.

Robipony
Group Admin

It was the night before Hearth's Warming and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for... well... you. You lay on your bed, rocking back and forth, the thoughts of your misdeeds riddling your head. Would the windigos through your window creep, taking you from your bed in your sleep? Or perhaps these tales were true, those mares of the freezing winds would come and eat you.

Such stories your parents had told you in your youth, of fillies and colts he didn't obey. For such children the windigos would come to slay. Even as you lay there on your bed, you were met by the sound of silence instead. That was until you heard a sound coming from downstairs.

Picking yourself up from your little bed, you careful left your room and ventured out where the source of the noise could be found. Peeking down into the living room, you saw what had made the sound. It was not your parents or frozen ghost, but a mare with bat wings sitting by the tree. She wasn't normal, that you could see.

As if sensing your eyes, she looked up, giving you a glance and upon seeing hers you felt as if you were in a trance. The mare smiled, flashing fangs and bat like wings. Despite this you continued to watch, completely beguiled. Up you flew on her fearsome wings, with each beat, closer she drew.

You heart nearly skipped a beat, when she patted your head.

"Have a wonderful Hearth's Warming." Is the last thing she said.

When you awoke the next day, on your bed there you lay. But next to your head was a box, a gift, a present, something to remind you not to stray. Perhaps you will meet that beautiful mare again someday.

-I don't own this image.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2